Whats your version of the perfect last boss?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

Yeah, I really don't want to fight a doppelganger or a hallway of them, thats sort of cliche...

and the whole "pulling them into other worlds" thing would have to be done throughout the whole game, not just that boss battle .. so at that point, the number of times you get "pulled" would be greater, and therefore have an impact. Otherwise, it would be mindless distraction... "oh look, I'm in the otherworld now, neat, where's my target" or "oh hey, i'm back in the real world, neat, WHERE IS MY FRICKKIN TARGET?!"
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Wha-?! Someone has already done my idea?! FTW? And here I thought I had had an original idea for once. : /
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

A giant vagina that grabs you with tentacles and pulls you in, and there's teath on the inside!!!

:shock:

Fine fine incubus chasing me would be pretty cool
Last edited by lumpo on 02 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
TetrahedronHead
Just Passing Through

Post by TetrahedronHead »

I think the idea of "something huge" is a bit played out. I get especially tired of the "Bigger Version of Something Else You've Already Fought" (I'm looking at you, Prototype) and with the way they're describing the monsters in the Nightmare sequences this time around, I'm afraid that's about all they would be able to do logically.

My idea would be to make the town itself the "boss". Once you have Cheryl, whatever form she takes, you have to escape with the town throwing all sort of loopy, crazy stuff in Harry's path---collapsing roads, doors slamming shut, ice walls shooting up, Raw Shocks coming at you from all sides.
One who can only see the stars as above him lacks the gift of insight. --- Frederich Nietzche.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

I guess... I did like that mirrors edges last boss was a room that pitted you with a ton of bad guys and your like. "holy shit how am I going to make it out of this one" that is if you play on perfessional and don't use guns like me. :D
Last edited by lumpo on 02 Sep 2009, edited 1 time in total.
SilentObserver
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by SilentObserver »

But don't you want SH to do something different than what you've seen in other games? Isn't that WHY we like these games in the first place?!
Only some of my posts are serious.
lumpo
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by lumpo »

Well true.... I say cheryls ghosts chase you. 10 of them total. Broken flashlight too. Flickers only, no flares.
Mephisto

Post by Mephisto »

>Fine fine incubus chasing me would be pretty cool

Interesting! The last fight could be a chase, you know, just like the Monster Octopus from Spider-Man (PS1).. That was an classic "fight" :wink:
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

No boss', just a bleak ending please, I like bleak endings, because it rarely happens in video games.
phantomess
Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member

Post by phantomess »

MMY wrote:Or maybe Jericho from Labyrinth.
Jericho? Either you mean Jareth, or it's been so long since I've watched the movie that I've forgotten about the character named Jericho.

It's kind of hard for me to come up with something right now that would really be a suiting final boss for Shattered Memories, not having played it. But maybe it could be the only enemy that we actually have to fight.
I'd rather not have a final "boss" that you just have to evade, after basically evading everything else in the game. It'd be better to have something else instead of a final boss confrontation in that case.
Dr. Eggnog

Post by Dr. Eggnog »

Mephisto wrote:>Fine fine incubus chasing me would be pretty cool

Interesting! The last fight could be a chase, you know, just like the Monster Octopus from Spider-Man (PS1).. That was an classic "fight" :wink:

Yes it was! That always seemed so intense when I was little. I needed my friend's support.

I'm not sure I would want a Silent Hill game to end on a chase sequence though. That just sounds too . . . action-y
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

Pyramid Head....against him with no weapons....that would be scary

The point of the game is that you might be creating your own monster or exactly what you fear the most. So maybe if you beat the game and you chose stuff that made you seem like you didn't trust anyone or you hate being alone, then that's exactly what you get. They let you walk out, the roads and the town is completely empty. It would make you feel weird and make you more nervous

Just a thought.
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Jecht wrote:Pyramid Head....against him with no weapons....that would be scary
Eeeh... No thanks...
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Jecht wrote:
Pyramid Head....against him with no weapons....that would be scary

Eeeh... No thanks...
lol.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

Now that I think about it, if they want to keep the player from engaging in combat for the last boss, they could do something like Escape From Monkey Island or Suikoden where either what you say or the enemy says (or both) determines an attack, damage, etc. Escape From Monkey Island had a duel, I think, where the outcome depended on dialogue choices alone.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

I'm not sure what would be good. For some reason I want to see a messed up angel thing..idk..

But I think the actually endding and all that needs to have way more impact then the boss itself. Just a thought.
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
MonsterMania
Just Passing Through

Post by MonsterMania »

19pack wrote:Last Boss? Hmmm...

You'll fight a relatively strong creature in some Icy Otherworld. Maybe some giant Raw Shock/Cheryl hybrid or something. You'll be lulled into thinking 'FUCK this is epic and hard. This is the final boss. It must be'.

Then, after that creature's defeat and you settle back in your chair, satisfied you've completed the game and eager to see which ending you've achieved. A cutscene plays. You're back in Dr.K's office. He is talking to you as usual, like in all the videos you've seen throughout the plot as he has guided you through your recollection of a horrifically traumatic experience.

Then he says something that sounds a bit off, out of place, confusing or irrelevent. Contradictory. Dr.K turns away from Harry and stands with hsi abck to him in silence. Harry is confused. The player is confused. The player idly looks around the room in 1st person view wondering what's going on. 'What kind of an ending is THIS?!?' the player thinks.

Then it happens. Dr. K turns around and he has no face. The room frosts over. Multiple Raw Shocks are suddenly hammering against the window. The camera zooms out from 1st person view. Harry gets up out of the chair. Dr. K is the final boss. The last 'boss' is running away from Dr.K in terror as we realise that we've been duped all along into thinking that all was safe That all we had just played was a flashback, re-told in the safe warm setting of an empathetic and understanding psychiatrist. The truth is you are still stuck in the nightmare.
LOVE IT!
excepttttt
What I would do is morph kaufman into the missionary who is of course the creature of harry's demise.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I still think the game revolves around harrys reliving his experiences during his last moments of living and the ice and shocks represent death slowing coming after harry after the missionary stabbed him.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I still think the game revolves around harrys reliving his experiences during his last moments of living and the ice and shocks represent death slowing coming after harry after the missionary stabbed him.
INTERESTING!!!! :shock:
pisces9397
Just Passing Through

Post by pisces9397 »

Dr. Eggnog wrote:Or we could have him fight a brick wall. HARRY VS. WALL!
Lol yea, except you have to play tennis against a brick wall, in which case you'd never win cause those things are fuckin relentless.

Seriously though, NO PYRAMID HEAD! I love him to death, but if I see him even once in this game, I'm going to kill someone.

I kinda like the idea of no boss, and while we all like happy endings, I really don't think that there would really be any happy endings in Silent Hill. I would hope for some kind of bleak ending, or a mind-fuck thing or something. I haven't been properly mind-fucked in a while.
I have a chainsaw in my pocket. -Owl_Waxer
Waiting_for_you
Just Passing Through

Post by Waiting_for_you »

Dahlia with a rusty stripper pole.
You know you can follow my voice
Through the dark turns and noise
Of this wicked little town