Shattered Memories Soundtrack listing.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Post by Droo »

Okay. despite the fact that people are using spoiler tags now, regardless this is the spoiler free SM section. Please stop discussing the plot in here. If you want to theorize and discuss the plot, take it to the Spoiler section.

The next person to post any spoilers in this section, in any thread, will be temporarily banned from the forum.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Escapist, cool find. ^_^

and ah, so many interesting points
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Well, i sped up Angel's scream with crappy old sound recorder of Windows, and the "pterodactyl" really sounds a lot like a little girls scream (maybe even reversed sounds more like it).
Also, slow Angel's scream down, and suddenly, it fits right into SH1 :P

Edit: also slowed down, there something that sounds like a hospital bed with wheels that's being carried around, but that could just be sound effect that happen to sound like that...
Edit 2: when fastened, the "luguber" parts suond like an accordeon :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

very odd and creepy O-o
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

So lately I've noticed something about one of the songs, and I'm wondering if it's just me hearing things. :razz:

For the track, "Acceptance", I've begun to hear the instrumentals as a highly reworked version of the instrumentals from the original Silent Hill theme. It happens at certain times while I'm listening, it'll remind me just enough of the original theme to bug me, to make me wonder if it really is just a re-working.

Has anyone else picked up on this, or am I imagining things?
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^I don't know. Wouldn't surprise me. Another thing to point out is that the guitar rift in Hell Frozen Rain at the bridge of the song is definitely from another SH OST song, it is the same rift used in the bridge of You're Not Here (studio mix), but at a faster speed. And I believe that it was sampled from the original Silent Hill track, don't quote me on it though.
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

i've took notice of that as well, pretty interesting and cool
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

the instrumental version of "Acceptance" that is used in the game has some mandolin like arrangement, it reminded me to "Silent Hill", that's what you meant?
nanook in heaven...
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

hmm, i haven't catched that, i better listen to the music again
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

silenced angel wrote:the instrumental version of "Acceptance" that is used in the game has some mandolin like arrangement, it reminded me to "Silent Hill", that's what you meant?
Uhm, yeah, basically. Not the entire song, but one of the more instrumental chords reminded me of a slower, changed version of the opening of the Silent Hill theme.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ