Shattered Memories Soundtrack listing.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Hmmm, according to Stripedlady on youtube, this is the promotional soundtrack; and not the OST :? :?:
Very strange is that i thought of that; as 4 out of 21 are already shown (Always On My Mind, Creeping Distress, Devil's Laughter, Hibernation), and strangely, all in trailers (except Creeping Distress, but that was on the very first gameplay).
But it also be just wrong :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Escapist
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Escapist »

^We've alredy been told that this is not the entire music from the game.

But yes, all of this tracks are used on the game (with the exception of Childish Toughts), but there are more tracks that didn't make it into the promotional soundtrack.
Loveless_Dogg
Historical Society Historian

Post by Loveless_Dogg »

It's a good thing that pre-orders get a copy of the soundtrack.....
Value your failures more than your successes. Successes only last until someone screws them up. Failures are forever. She left...and...I'm lost.
AlessaChevalier
Just Passing Through

Post by AlessaChevalier »

Wow. Wait a sec. I noticed something about Ice.

I'm not sure how many people here have played half-life 2 but there is a moment near the end of the game where you come across portable television set with the G-man on the screen with what I think is a crow on his shoulder. Well what made that even weirder was the noise the television made. It was creepy and ominous (I'm really not sure if that was the best word to use but I'll roll with it) and it kinda did seem like it would fit in with SH.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxLPnMrEvkM

and here's the little something that made me connect the sound to SH: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOi6-3ag ... 84&index=0

And then I listened to Ice and :shock:. I don't know how to take this. I should be happily amused by this but I just can't ignore this thought in my head that it comes off as stolen. I'm by no means saying it's bad (I actually find it to be a surprisingly acceptable, dare I say good, and the whole melody brings back chilling memories of Fermata in Mystic Air; well except for the vocal part. I think that sound outstayed its welcome after Scarlet) but I can't help but feel that the sound seems too similar to the sound from half-life. I once thought it would be a pleasant surprise if they did try using it but now I'm not so sure.

Or maybe it's just me. And maybe it is completely unrelated to the sound from half-life. Hang on let me listen again...................
Nope, something's up.

Or maybe not.
When I become the voice of reason, you know reason is in deep $%*#ing trouble.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

^
Damn, it really sounds a lot alike :shock:
It could be that Akira is a fan of Half-Life 2, or that Climax found he should recreate that music ?
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Listening to the soundtrack again, and paying more attention to the middle 17 tracks, I just realized precisely how irritating and awful "Angel's Scream" is. Real talk. It'd be tolerable—good, even—if Akira Yamaoka had 86'd the annoying-as-[expletive deleted] "angel scream" every 4 beats, but I guess that would've made too much sense.

Oh well. At least the soundtrack is comparable to Silent Hill: Origins', if not better. I think.

A big problem I have w/ A.Y. is his inability to effectively employ a solid bass line. He'll frequently throw in stupid little fills toward the end of songs—esp. the vocal tracks—and they never sound good, not even in the ending themes from Silent Hill 2's soundtrack.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

MMY wrote:Listening to the soundtrack again, and paying more attention to the middle 17 tracks, I just realized precisely how irritating and awful "Angel's Scream" is. Real talk. It'd be tolerable—good, even—if Akira Yamaoka had 86'd the annoying-as-[expletive deleted] "angel scream" every 4 beats, but I guess that would've made too much sense.

Oh well. At least the soundtrack is comparable to Silent Hill: Origins', if not better. I think.

A big problem I have w/ A.Y. is his inability to effectively employ a solid bass line. He'll frequently throw in stupid little fills toward the end of songs—esp. the vocal tracks—and they never sound good, not even in the ending themes from Silent Hill 2's soundtrack.
Lol when I first heard the weird pterodactyl noise in Angel's Scream I instantly thought that they were bringing back the bird thingies from Silent Hill 1, but then I remembered how annoying they were and how I doubt they would :P

Also I actually quite like the little bas fills :P It's better than when the bass just plays root notes over and over and over again.... like in most music :P
My supply fell through...
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I'd be fine w/ the bass fills if they didn't suck.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
neonblack
Hope House Careworker

Post by neonblack »

Here's to Andy Rourke of The Smiths becoming Silent Hill's new composer.
"Blessed is the lion which becomes man when consumed by man; and cursed is the man whom the lion consumes, and the lion becomes man."
[size=84]The Gospel of Thomas, logion 7.[/size]
govedo989
Just Passing Through

Post by govedo989 »

in hell frozen rain Akira used in betven 3:33 and 3:50 that part from Theme of laura and it s awsome so i was just wandered has he already done this in any other song from other SH games as well ?
[b]The source of KOS-MOS's power comes from U-DO, by using the Zohar as a door.LOL[/b]
Martee
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Martee »

govedo989 wrote:in hell frozen rain Akira used in betven 3:33 and 3:50 that part from Theme of laura and it s awsome so i was just wandered has he already done this in any other song from other SH games as well ?
http://www.silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=19894

Ta da!
My supply fell through...
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

So I was listening to the soundtrack again and when it comes to the last track, Devil's Laughter, I was wondering if it's just me, or does the repeated heavy breathing at the very near end of the song sound as if it's chanting "get him, get him, get him, get him, get him"?

Maybe I'm just imagining it, but for some reason that's what I hear now whenever I listen to it.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

No, I also hear it

Awesome ^_^
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

I would've never heard it if it weren't for you, Cascade :P
Probably wouldn't notice cause english isnt my native language
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

The last 46 seconds of "Another Warm Body" sounds like something off of the Forbidden Siren 2 soundtrack. Not that that is a particularly bad thing; it has a bit of an eerie mood to it.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

I got the game and the soundtrack today in the mail today..sadly I won't be able to play the game till the 24th. I was looking at the soundtrack and it's kinda funny cause on the soundtrack listing on my computer, the 4th track Childish Thoughts (Unused bonus track) Is miss spelled "Childish toughts (unsued bonus track). While I'm happy that the track isn't to be sued, I thought it was it was a funny little typo. The case has it spelled right though.

Oh and for anyone who doesn't have a physical cd, It's in a cardboard slip type case so I doubt it will be very good for collector type people :/
Last edited by Drainage64 on 04 Jan 2010, edited 1 time in total.
-=Let's Positive thinking=-
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

^ So is it the real SH:SM OST, the disk that you get with preorder? I'm asking because I noticed at the Gamestop site that it describes the preorder bonus soundtrack as follows:

Reserve Silent Hill Shattered Memories and receive a Silent Hill soundtrack composed by Akira Yamaoka. Soundtrack contains 18 of your favorite tracks from the Silent Hill series.

The fact that is says tracks from the series, as opposed to just from the specific game has me a bit confused. :?
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

cascade88 wrote:^ So is it the real SH:SM OST, the disk that you get with preorder? I'm asking because I noticed at the Gamestop site that it describes the preorder bonus soundtrack as follows:

Reserve Silent Hill Shattered Memories and receive a Silent Hill soundtrack composed by Akira Yamaoka. Soundtrack contains 18 of your favorite tracks from the Silent Hill series.

The fact that is says tracks from the series, as opposed to just from the specific game has me a bit confused. :?
It is the ORIGINAL soundtrack. And there are 21 tracks. One of which is actually unused.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

That's good to know, that it's the original. Thanks for answering.
Drainage64
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Drainage64 »

I never did notice "Hell Frozen Rain" or "Always on my mind" in the game
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Except for when Michelle sings it but that's just her voice and piano
Has anyone heard them in game?
-=Let's Positive thinking=-