Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 18 Jan 2021

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Feb 2010
Notes left: 26
AuraTwilight wrote:
Cheryl "froze" her past and memory. She's keeping herself from moving forward and not letting her delusions melt away. If you didn't want it to change from the blood and rust, despite it not fitting the storyline, you're exactly the sort of fan that everyone is complaining about.

You my dear must have no life because every single post I look at you are in you have to sit there and complain about everything that everyone says unless it is what came out of your mouth. I will take everything i just said back if you my dear can show me where I wrote "I did not want it to change from blood and rust". You're one of those people that every one complains about in real life.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2008
Notes left: 3073
Last seen at: Wisconsin
:shock:

Well I just want to add in here that it's funny that when someone posts that they didn't like the game, you guys who "loved" the game jump all over our opinions. It's the review thread. We are allowed to say what we liked and didn't like about the game in peace!

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
so we are supposed to accept anything no matter what they said

also it is a forum, come on now

and frankly if someone doesn't like the game that's fine with me

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

angelofROOM302 wrote:
:shock:

Well I just want to add in here that it's funny that when someone posts that they didn't like the game, you guys who "loved" the game jump all over our opinions. It's the review thread. We are allowed to say what we liked and didn't like about the game in peace!

Thank you

that is exactly what "THEY" do.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Feb 2010
Notes left: 261
Last seen at: Canada
I'd post the text of my review here, but it's really long. I'll post a link instead.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/ps2/review/R139446.html

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
i dont know how snow represents that, but whatever.

Ice = freezing = Cheryl's frozen past and personality.

Quote:
You my dear must have no life because every single post I look at you are in you have to sit there and complain about everything that everyone says unless it is what came out of your mouth. I will take everything i just said back if you my dear can show me where I wrote "I did not want it to change from blood and rust". You're one of those people that every one complains about in real life.

Yea, because I'm sure you've read every single forum post I've ever fucking written in the two weeks you've been here.

Also, you said this "oh ya "the snow WTF is that is a con cause I hate the change"

Despite the fact that snow was present in SH1, and is an obvious callback to it, you're making it pretty clear you hate the icy Otherworld because it's not bloody and rusty. If you're going to backpedal and lie, don't think you have any right to criticize me.

Quote:

It's also a discussion thread. People have been commenting on their disagreements with positive reviews and negative reviews. Earlier just now, I was only asking someone to expand their post because their review was only partial; it had nothing to do with it being a negative review. If you don't like your opinions to receive feedback you don't like, don't speak them outloud. You're allowed to say what you like and dislike about the game, and we're free to voice disagreements.

Quote:
I'd post the text of my review here, but it's really long. I'll post a link instead.

Hey, Eric!

Quote:
I do have some issues though. The ending seemed to be somewhat abrupt (though still interesting and overall satisfying). By the time I was finished, I still had questions unanswered. Perhaps that's just the nature of Silent Hill games in that it leaves some details up to the player to interpret and theorize over. Or perhaps the developers had players of the first game in mind when they wrote this in that they expect all players to be familiar with all the details to gain a better understanding of what happened in this game. Whatever the case, I thought some things were a little too vague and not explored or elaborated on enough.

Just wanna comment on this part of this review: I'm not sure if you played other Silent Hills (since you commented you didn't play the first), but it's indeed the case that the game is intended for you to fill most of the unanswered questions yourself by going back, replaying, and connecting dots. Most Silent Hills do that. It's true there are some things that are helped by having played the first game, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Quote:
As is to be expected, there's a noise filter across this whole game. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off even after you've completed the game once. You're stuck with it, and I've never been a fan of it.

Yea, Shattered Memories really suffers in the "Options" and "New Game+ content" aspects.

Quote:
This isn't a long game. I finished my first playthrough without any previous knowledge or assistance in under 10 hours (though that's an estimation as the game doesn't seem to keep a running clock anywhere).

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think there's a running time clock in the same app that records how many phonecalls you've made and such.

Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2008
Notes left: 3073
Last seen at: Wisconsin
Well Aura you started it with him.
And kept picking at it, and picking at it and picking with it.

It's just like damn! If someone says something's a con for them, then let it be. This is a discussion board but if you're going to come off like that to someone then how does it make it that much of a discussion? It's just you being a jerk when someone states their opinion that you don't agree with. It's how you talk to people that pisses them off.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
i dont know how snow represents that, but whatever.

Ice = freezing = Cheryl's frozen past and personality.

Quote:

Yea, because I'm sure you've read every single forum post I've ever fucking written in the two weeks you've been here.

Also, you said this "oh ya "the snow WTF is that is a con cause I hate the change"

Despite the fact that snow was present in SH1, and is an obvious callback to it, you're making it pretty clear you hate the icy Otherworld because it's not bloody and rusty. If you're going to backpedal and lie, don't think you have any right to criticize me.

Quote:

It's also a discussion thread. People have been commenting on their disagreements with positive reviews and negative reviews. Earlier just now, I was only asking someone to expand their post because their review was only partial; it had nothing to do with it being a negative review. If you don't like your opinions to receive feedback you don't like, don't speak them outloud. You're allowed to say what you like and dislike about the game, and we're free to voice disagreements.

Quote:

Hey, Eric!

Quote:
I do have some issues though. The ending seemed to be somewhat abrupt (though still interesting and overall satisfying). By the time I was finished, I still had questions unanswered. Perhaps that's just the nature of Silent Hill games in that it leaves some details up to the player to interpret and theorize over. Or perhaps the developers had players of the first game in mind when they wrote this in that they expect all players to be familiar with all the details to gain a better understanding of what happened in this game. Whatever the case, I thought some things were a little too vague and not explored or elaborated on enough.

Just wanna comment on this part of this review: I'm not sure if you played other Silent Hills (since you commented you didn't play the first), but it's indeed the case that the game is intended for you to fill most of the unanswered questions yourself by going back, replaying, and connecting dots. Most Silent Hills do that. It's true there are some things that are helped by having played the first game, but it's not absolutely necessary.

Quote:
As is to be expected, there's a noise filter across this whole game. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be an option to turn it off even after you've completed the game once. You're stuck with it, and I've never been a fan of it.

Yea, Shattered Memories really suffers in the "Options" and "New Game+ content" aspects.

Quote:
This isn't a long game. I finished my first playthrough without any previous knowledge or assistance in under 10 hours (though that's an estimation as the game doesn't seem to keep a running clock anywhere).

I'm not 100% sure on this, but I think there's a running time clock in the same app that records how many phonecalls you've made and such.

you are all fucking retards dont reply be cause i wont bother with you. Aura YOU ARE A FUCKING **** i dont like the change could mean i dont like the ice stupid it could of been somthing eles.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
its okay i got raked on for talking less about sh2

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Feb 2010
Notes left: 261
Last seen at: Canada
AuraTwilight wrote:

Hey, Eric!

Quote:

Quote:

Hey, Aura.

I have played other games in the series. Guess I'm just not that used to picking the story apart myself since most series don't do that. I remember having to look into Silent Hill 2 a lot (the first game in the series I played) after beating it once.
As for the clock, I'll have to try and remember to check that next time. Thanks.

Post subject:

Good luck, Eric.

@Everyone else: Thanks for proving my point.

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Mar 2004
Notes left: 4987
Last seen at: Pits of Hell
Not sure if this is the right place, but review... yeah, me thinks it is...

I have seriously disliked this game for several reasons:
1) too short... took me 8/9 hours to finish it
2) no combat, no scares, just the thrill of the chase and I wasn't thrilled at all
3) storyline wasn't interesting enough, although I must admit that the ending was... fairly interesting

Remember this is my personal opinion, so I don't care about flamings. This was not an SH game for me and I am truly disappointed because I have spent a lot of money on this game and I have waited for the release for A LONG TIME.

There... out of my chest.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2009
Notes left: 58
I finished this game last night and I think it was great. It wasn't very scary, but at times music scared me or made me feel uneasy, which hasn't happened ever before. And monsters walking in front of the closet where you are hiding... Wow.
Controls I didn't like, though I got better with them when the game went on and I didn't have so much problems as I had in the beginning. Puzzles were nice. I prefer puzzles that I can actually solve without help over puzzles that make me cry blood.
Story was captivating and in the end I couldn't stop playing because I needed to know how it ends.

And I've heard talks about this game being short. To me it took 14 hours to beat and I think it's quite nice length for a game like this. I was waiting it would be about 5-6 hours like Clock Tower 3. But I didn't want to just run through the game, I took my time and inspected pretty much everything.

Post subject:

Wow, 14 hours? You poor bastard, you must've really gotten stuck on the chase scenes, god bless you.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Mar 2009
Notes left: 58
Yep, 14 hours, according to my Wii. I certainly got stuck in some of the chase scenes and they were what I least liked in the game. I don't think I got through even one of them without dying at least once.
I started playing the game again today and this time I actually survived the first chase! It felt so much different than the first time around, now I didn't have someone following me all the time like I had in the first playthrough. I could stop for a while and not just run, hoping to find a way.

I have to add to my "review" that I totally loved the scene where you were trapped in car with Dahlia. That made me panic, it was so intense and of course I didn't want to die. Though later on I learned that getting out of the car isn't necessary...

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 16 Sep 2009
Notes left: 274
I'm really late for this, considering I bought the Wii version the first day it came out, four months ago. I beat it in one sitting that same day too, my arms were sore for like three days afterwards. :lol: Overall I really liked it, it's far from perfect but I can see a lot of room for improvement. The chase scenes were probably the weakest part, though the only time where I felt truly frustrated was due to self-inflicted circumstances. The plot and characters were real good and I felt for a lot of the characters, it's even got those little ancillary character moments that I love in anything due to the added depth. I also love it due it being a perfect companion piece, and deconstruction, of the original game. Considering I had just beaten the original a few weeks before playing SM made it resonate with me more. It's true it may not be really scary but I see it as a psychological thriller more than anything. In the end, what kind of drew me to the series in the first place was the setting, plot, and characters and SM definitely delivered that in spades. I'm really wishing that Climax makes at least one more game, because I can see it getting better from here.

Post subject:

Missing since: 06 Jan 2004
Notes left: 3941
Last seen at: Naaarwich, UK
Good
- Brilliant twist ending
- Nightmare environments and "Nowhere" were inventive enough
- Environmental graphics and lighting/shadows looked great
- Some cool monster design
- Enjoyed the psych profile testing

Bad
- Terrible script and pace of story
- Bad character model graphics
- Wii motion controls were either frustratingly fiddly or just made me feel stupid performing them
- Nightmare sequences were boring, missed fighting and weapns
- It didn't need to be a remake at all
- Barely felt creeped out, let alone scared
- Way too linear
- Puzzles were far too easy (with one or two exceptions), I miss the twisted riddles
- The phone messages were good but the notes etc. were much better
- Music was sub-par
- Far too short

Overall I'd say I didn't like it and I'm pretty much ready to give up on the series. 5/10

Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Mar 2004
Notes left: 4987
Last seen at: Pits of Hell
Agree with you Numb, although I think that the graphics could have been better, but I was playing in PS2, so I can't speak for the Wii graphics.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Sep 2009
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Centennial Building
+Story was great, although little too short and sometimes slow.
+Nightmare sequences were wonderfull
+Graphics and Character Design wonderfully done for the Wii.
+-Music was great, although sometimes lacking in the Foggy World ( Getting to the gym music was too dull, though on the OST much better).
-too lineair
-puzzles way too easy (although i really failed at the Art Room Puzzle)
+Psych Profile made great way to replay it.
-Sometimes too much messages in one place (Mall)
-Foggy World lost its creepyness due to lack of monsters.
+-Worked with an other type of fear: Agoraphobia (as opposed to the claustrophobia)

I would make more otherworld segments in which you actually explore and find more messages so you would really wonder if you were going to monster or message. I do forgive its loss in creepyness becuase of the use of agoraphobia.

Overall, i found this game great, i loved the story and the general idea behind it.
I never had any troubles with the Wii-mote (i just can't understand why other people have), and i almost never died in Otherworld so chase sequences never got tedious for me.

"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2008
Notes left: 3453
Last seen at: New Jersey
Scarlet wrote:
Agree with you Numb, although I think that the graphics could have been better, but I was playing in PS2, so I can't speak for the Wii graphics.

The Wii's graphics are only a bit better than the PS2's graphics (they're pretty much the same as the Gamecube's graphics) so you wouldn't really be missing anything (graphics-wise) if you didn't play the Wii version.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 291 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10 ... 15  Next