Does anyone else think that...?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Pandoran
Just Passing Through

Does anyone else think that...?

Post by Pandoran »

Maybe it's just me, but I was flipping through the game guide, and the couple that inhabits "Harry's" house look a lot like an aged version of Harry and Dahlia? What do you guys think?
David01
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by David01 »

Actually I was thinking more along the lines of George W. Bush and Barbara Bush. But meh, I can kinda see the similarity to Dahlia with the woman. But the man looks too much like George W.

Good observation though it could mean something, or it may not it's hard to tell really. Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this than what is being let on.
The only way for evil to continue, is for good men to do nothing!!!!
SilentEyesSilentWords
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentEyesSilentWords »

David01 wrote:Actually I was thinking more along the lines of George W. Bush and Barbara Bush. But meh, I can kinda see the similarity to Dahlia with the woman. But the man looks too much like George W.
Hahahahaha, that caught me off guard so much :o

But seriously, that is a pretty deep, yet time-altering type of scene if that is true.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Since there's a title similar to what I was posting, I'll ask a question:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Does anyone think that the guy that dragged Harry after the car crash and Dahlia got frozen was actually Doctor K.?
It felt it was him to me, because maybe
at the therapy session, he may have sensed that Cheryl's mind was more easier to break in, that's why there's his own manifestation in Cheryl's delusion? So that Dr. K. can force Cheryl into reality more quickly?
Unless, the identity was shown, I have nothing to say :?
galindito
Just Passing Through

Post by galindito »

Restoration01 wrote:Since there's a title similar to what I was posting, I'll ask a question:
Does anyone think that the guy that dragged Harry after the car crash and Dahlia got frozen was actually Doctor K.?
It felt it was him to me, because maybe
at the therapy session, he may have sensed that Cheryl's mind was more easier to break in, that's why there's his own manifestation in Cheryl's delusion? So that Dr. K. can force Cheryl into reality more quickly?
Unless, the identity was shown, I have nothing to say :?
I'm pretty sure that was Cybil.
PrescitedEntity
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Does anyone else think that...?

Post by PrescitedEntity »

Pandoran wrote:Maybe it's just me, but I was flipping through the game guide, and the couple that inhabits "Harry's" house look a lot like an aged version of Harry and Dahlia? What do you guys think?
I dunno, I think that's a bit too much of a stretch. Dahlia I can kinda make out, but the man? He has a few facial similarities, but he's not Harry, that's for certain.

I do think the scene has a deeper meaning - the family living there is the happy home that's been denied to both Harry and Cheryl, and in their old house, no less. Seeing that scene, knowing Harry/Cheryl's backstory... When that door slammed, it was like seeing the crushing of a dream of a loving family.
[img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j304/PrescitedEntity/sigLinger.jpg[/img]
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

galindito wrote:I'm pretty sure that was Cybil.
But if you look carefully, that guy's hands were frozen and cold.
warfare315
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by warfare315 »

David01 wrote:Actually I was thinking more along the lines of George W. Bush and Barbara Bush. But meh, I can kinda see the similarity to Dahlia with the woman. But the man looks too much like George W.

Good observation though it could mean something, or it may not it's hard to tell really. Perhaps there is a deeper meaning to this than what is being let on.
Bahaha! Damn, what other game makes you think as deeply as Silent Hill? Love it!
Another frequency perpetuated into context, trapped in the eternal paradox.
vaporeyesofficial.bandcamp.com
Facebook.com/vaporeyesofficial
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Restoration01 wrote:
Er, I agree with galindito. The pants were green and the shoes leather, at least in my game; they were exactly what Cybil wore.
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

Yuki wrote:
Restoration01 wrote:
Er, I agree with galindito. The pants were green and the shoes leather, at least in my game; they were exactly what Cybil wore.
Well, I dunno...
Guess I'm over thinking it. :roll:
heroicxspace
Just Passing Through

Post by heroicxspace »

Yuki wrote:
Restoration01 wrote:
I'm pretty sure that confirms it, because I had the other Cybil and the outfit in this scene changed to match (black leather pants and black boots). Wouldn't really make sense for that to happen if it weren't her...
Plus there was a similar shot in the scene at the lighthouse where she (again) pulls Harry from the water, not sure if this is consistent as other aspects of the scene change.
As for the couple, I don't see it...
timboslice
Just Passing Through

Post by timboslice »

[quote="David01"]Actually I was thinking more along the lines of George W. Bush and Barbara Bush. But meh, I can kinda see the similarity to Dahlia with the woman. But the man looks too much like George W. [/quote]

thats what i thought as well
This is a journey of angst, fear, guilt, anxiety
-Rob Zombie