Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 19 Nov 2018




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: A change of scenery...
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Nov 2009
Notes left: 58
I'm on my 4th play through of SM and I've noticed quite a few changes occurring in the town itself. I'm not talking about the characters (Michelle, Dahlia, Lisa, etc.), but the actual scenery. For example, the cardboard cutout in the entrance of the diner has been both a pin-up girl and a rockabilly guy. The statue on the right-hand side of the path leading up to the gymnasium (Midwich High) has been both a headless runner and the Virgin Mary. I have seen the strip club referred to as The Cathouse elsewhere on the forum, but for me it has always been The Honey Trap (the pictures inside are all of girls with butterfly wings). In addition to the changing movie posters (to reflect your ending), I have noticed different games appearing on the arcade machines in the movie theater.

What are some of the little things that you have noticed during subsequent play throughs?


Top
   
 

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Feb 2009
Notes left: 1041
Last seen at: California
One of the major ones I saw was the "bear room" in the cabin. On my first time through I saw a dead bear on a bloody table.. the last time I played it was a normal room with a stuffed bear in the corner and various animal trophies on the wall.

_________________
My Websites!
Image Image Image


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 22 May 2006
Notes left: 333
Last seen at: Maine
I played the game 1.5 times because my Wii froze and I had to start over halfway through, and even though I tried to be exactly how I was on my do-over, a few things still changed - some of the dialog between Harry and Lisa, Michelle, and Dahlia was very different!

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2006
Notes left: 357
Whitney wrote:
One of the major ones I saw was the "bear room" in the cabin. On my first time through I saw a dead bear on a bloody table.. the last time I played it was a normal room with a stuffed bear in the corner and various animal trophies on the wall.


Did you do anything specific to get that...?


Top
   
 

SHH Staff Writer
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 06 Feb 2009
Notes left: 1041
Last seen at: California
Fredrick2003 wrote:
Whitney wrote:
One of the major ones I saw was the "bear room" in the cabin. On my first time through I saw a dead bear on a bloody table.. the last time I played it was a normal room with a stuffed bear in the corner and various animal trophies on the wall.


Did you do anything specific to get that...?


Not that I know of :? Is everyone else getting the bloody bear?

_________________
My Websites!
Image Image Image


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2006
Notes left: 357
I'm on my 3rd go around and just got to the cabin, still bear.

I just kinda randomly picked questions this time.


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1068
Last seen at: Upsate NY
Whinteny, on my second playthrough, I got the hunting lodge room instead of the bloody bear. There was also a baited bear-trap on the table.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Nov 2009
Notes left: 58
I got the normal hunting lodge during my first 4 play throughs and on my 5th (right after posting this topic) I got the bloody bear. I tried to answer Dr. K.'s questions so that I would seem as aloof and introverted as possible, I didn't really look at any of the other characters during the first-person scenes, and I literally ran through the game (no stopping for Harry's comments, examining objects in order to receive messages, or picking up mementos).


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Aug 2009
Notes left: 379
Last seen at: Blue Creek Apartments
My first playthrough I got the bloody bear. I ran most of the time and I did stop to get the momentos and I stopped to examine stuff...I'm not sure what you need to do to get it or other certain things...My 2nd playthrough I got the cabin.

Something I did notice was some of the random voice mails that you get change. Like there was one in the woods that I got about someone drugging a girl and they did stuff to her and in my 2nd playthrough it was about drugging her and she started to run around stripping...The picture attached was even different.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Nov 2009
Notes left: 58
Has anyone noticed whether or not the words on the cabin ever change (if you turn around before crossing the bridge after exiting the Dark Woods nightmare sequence)? Is it always "Quis est iste qui venit"?


Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 28 Aug 2009
Notes left: 379
Last seen at: Blue Creek Apartments
what does that mean? What language is that? I thought it was Spainish but nothign come up. i tried Latin and it said "Anyone who is quis came"


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 19 Jul 2007
Notes left: 5077
It's Latin. I snapped a photo so I could translate it later (I'm rusty).

My gut feel was "Who is here came from here," but I'm probably wrong.

_________________
Image


Last edited by Kenji on 12 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.

Top
   
 

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Apr 2009
Notes left: 412
Last time I played the Balkan night club was run down and had graffiti all over the walls inside the building, with the room having a green tint. Every other playthrough it was a decent looking club with either a blue or red hue. I looked at a lot of artwork at the school, not sure if that had an impact. Had a different Dahlia as well. Clothes covered in paint splotches.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Nov 2009
Notes left: 58
It's Latin, in one instance from the Bible, Isaiah 63.1 God's Day of Vengeance and Redemption. "Who is this coming from Edom, from Bozrah, with his garments stained crimson? Who is this, robed in splendor, striding forward in the greatness of his strength? It is I, speaking in righteousness, mighty to save. (KJV)". Too bad, I was kind of hoping it changed...


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3535
^ Funny, how it comes from the bible


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 04 Nov 2009
Notes left: 58
Found another one, the bird in the Green Lion Pawn Shop is sometimes a peacock, sometimes a dodo.


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Dec 2009
Notes left: 109
Last seen at: Buffalo
I'm on my 2nd playthrough and when I saw people referring to an "art studio" puzzle, I didn't know what they were talking about. I guess the art studio is only open if you choose certain classes for your schedule, the alternative is the planetarium being open.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 18 Aug 2005
Notes left: 283
Last seen at: Canada
The Pawn Shop for me has had purple lighting and a peacock, red lighting and a cougar (with a sexual look to the signs), and green lighting with a bong and weed in the front window and a dodo bird.

I've seen the gymnasium with balloons and and different coloured decorations each time.

The Diner has also had different lighting in it as well, red, normal, etc..

The boat before the Lighthouse has had different lighting inside.

Inside Dahlia's apartment has different lighting.

Lisa's crashed car is sometimes and ambulance.

So many details.... after clearing the game 4 times, there's still new stuff!

_________________
Image
"It's cute, funny, cool, and gross!"
Watch it and see for yourself!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RUApYMWbUPA


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Sep 2003
Notes left: 267
Whitney wrote:
Fredrick2003 wrote:
Whitney wrote:
One of the major ones I saw was the "bear room" in the cabin. On my first time through I saw a dead bear on a bloody table.. the last time I played it was a normal room with a stuffed bear in the corner and various animal trophies on the wall.


Did you do anything specific to get that...?


Not that I know of :? Is everyone else getting the bloody bear?



Now that you say that I DID get a different room when helping my sister play!
It was a room filled with stuffed animals instead of the bloody bear.

_________________
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

Image


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 24 Sep 2003
Notes left: 267
Jecht wrote:
My first playthrough I got the bloody bear. I ran most of the time and I did stop to get the momentos and I stopped to examine stuff...I'm not sure what you need to do to get it or other certain things...My 2nd playthrough I got the cabin.

Something I did notice was some of the random voice mails that you get change. Like there was one in the woods that I got about someone drugging a girl and they did stuff to her and in my 2nd playthrough it was about drugging her and she started to run around stripping...The picture attached was even different.


I dunno if you figured out WHO it was in the photo? ;)

_________________
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

Image


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 29 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: