What was your favorite / freaky / cool moment in the game???

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

The only thing I couldn't stand about the labyrinth was the big square room at the beginning of it that I got hella confused in.
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

Oh man, Mason falling down that huge hole with the pictures flashing and the shit falling and the I LOVE MY DADDYs actually made me really like HIDEOUSLY SAD and since I hadn't beaten the game yet, I couldn't understand why it was hitting me so hard. D8a
BUT THEN IT ALL MADE SENSE IN THE END
So yeah that sequence was just really eerie and very powerful for me.
AomiArmster
Just Passing Through

Post by AomiArmster »

I totally tripped out when I crashed into a pregnant Rawshock
, happened in the 3rd nightmare mode. I really didnt think they could take that form, they werent bloated and sickly looking either

and going the wrong way 9384639863983 times in the hospital nightmare
it was as if a subway/train had crashed into the side of the building and turned upside down and i had to run like a maniac through the cars.. just too freaky.
As long as you bleed you'll be fine.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

What did you do in order to get that Raw Shock, Aomi?
AomiArmster
Just Passing Through

Post by AomiArmster »

simeonalo wrote:What did you do in order to get that Raw Shock, Aomi?
responded to more booze-drunk type behavior--noted at a lot of drug use.
like in the cabin for example the knock out drugs.. etc.

that was the only thing i did different than from the first run of the game
where my rawshocks were all cut apart/fragmented and had nurse/sexualized features, two sets of those.

second run , the pregnant ones showed up, and they were pregnant =\ had boobs and junks --they kinda hung around too, werent too excited to grab me but man they shrieked.
As long as you bleed you'll be fine.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i got the prgant ones my first play threw creeped me the f*** out lol
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

My favorite moment was after Lisa's death when Cybil busts in and when Harry tries to explain himself she responds with "You're not Harry Mason!"
At the time I was extraordinarily freaked out and started thinking of what she could have meant by that. I was sort of disappointed that is wasn't any of my conclusions but still, perfect ends XD
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I've noticed that most of the people on here seem to have gotten the fragmented raw shocks with the geometric heads the first time through. In fact, the one blind LP I saw had those ones too. I wonder if that signifies anything.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

idunno i have yet to receive them :/
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

That final moment of realization when I read the sign marking "The Lighthouse".
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

carneeval wrote:My favorite moment was after Lisa's death when Cybil busts in and when Harry tries to explain himself she responds with "You're not Harry Mason!"
At the time I was extraordinarily freaked out and started thinking of what she could have meant by that. I was sort of disappointed that is wasn't any of my conclusions but still, perfect ends XD
This. Plus, carneeval, you don't need to have my link in your signature anymore.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

I'm replaying through it this morning, and just after I went into Theresa's, I heard some sort of garbled, childish laughter from somewhere within the shop itself. It was just a noise, but I hadn't heard it any of the other times I've played, so it freaked me out. In scaring me so well, I have to call this now a favorite moment. :P
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I started replaying the game yesterday, and I almost died on a chase scene for the first time in ages. Now that felt scary.
fullmetalraz
Just Passing Through

Post by fullmetalraz »

The fact you can ring Lisa after her death and you'll obviously only ever get her answer machine, that really unnerves me for some reason and makes me feel sad.
AnastasisXD
Hope House Careworker

Re: What was your favorite / freaky / cool moment in the gam

Post by AnastasisXD »

thagerty wrote:There were a bunch for me but the one that comes to mind easiet (besides the big reveal at the end), was the whole sequence with Dahlia in the car...
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
After she freezes, the car falls to the bottom of the river, water pouring in, monsters appear on the window, everything freezes... you think it's done, but then the windows are covered in ice... and you slowly see the letters being drawn "STOP FIGHTING" on one window, "SO COLD" on another, and the windshield also said something, but I can't remember!!!

That whole scene was amazingly done, and the fact that you could still interact made it even cooler.

God this game was amazing...

What about your fav moments???
exaclty the same. and it also was "Always on my Mind" that made that scene so awesome
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Exactly, that was the best OST, even if it was a cover.
Siaye
Just Passing Through

Post by Siaye »

Siaye wrote:Some of the later chase scenes.
The paranoia of the game watching my every move.
The labyrinth.
The sinking car.
The movie screen.
Stuck in the Tunnel of Love.
The 2nd falling scene (I love my Daddy I love my Daddy I love my Daddy)
My monsters started off freaky, and ended looking really f'ed up.
Loud&Silent
Just Passing Through

Post by Loud&Silent »

The "Nowhere" part of the game. Really gave the sense that shit was starting to hit the fan, plus it was kinda haunting.....

Aswell as the Flooded Car, never experienced anything simular in a game before.

Also, am I the only one that thought the radio dial was actually the AC/Heater dial? IDK why I thought that, other than the Red stripe along the right of it, and how its AS FAR AWAY FOR THE DRIVER POSSIBLE....didn`t even know you COULD escape the first time though, so I just drowned LOL
Have you seen a little girl? Short, black hair? About seven years old? A Bastard Child? May or may not be the Mother of God/Satan?.........Shes my Daughter.
Cheryl?
Just Passing Through

Post by Cheryl? »

The introduction to the nightmare world is unforgettable. The call you get from Cheryl warning you not to combat them crowns the moment.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^I can agree.

I really didn't like the swan ride area. It creeped me out for some reason, even though none of the rest of the game did.

The signature "flooding car" part was wonderful. My boyfriend was in the room and saying "break the window!!!you're gonna die!!!" and I was like "You probably have to wait for it fill all the way up first, right?" and we did.

I should've done more research into the psyche profiler, because I was assuming I'd get the more sexual themes and I didn't. Oh well. I need to replay that game anyway.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128