Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 23 Sep 2019

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Dec 2009
Notes left: 11
I forgot to add my favorite moment in my last post - Doh! And I didn't realize that that number was.. what it was.

Getting to the end cabin in the Woods, just after the lodge and right before the Nightmare sequence. The lodge itself was freaky-deaky. That small cabin was like whoa, especially given the voice-message you can pick up right before it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Aug 2009
Notes left: 161
Last seen at: Ohio
I finally found another playthrough of someone who got to the movie theater,

[spoiler]The face that showed up on the screen was drastically different from mine, hell, the one they got wasn't even scary. Mine literally stunned me though, it just had its eyes open but looked dead, and it was in black and white. Even the sounds that came with their video was different, it sounded like a car crash...mine was deep demonic voices lol.[/spoiler]

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Apr 2006
Notes left: 452
I just generally enjoyed the puzzles of the game, which actually made me think for a bit before getting the result. Also, while simple, any of the physics based interactions were pretty cool and really drew me into the game.

In terms of actual moments, the labyrinth area was pretty awesome, since it actually felt like I was burrowing through someone's mind rather than a physical place, with each room representing a continually distorted thought or memory (the spatial/gravitational variations of the bedroom/living room were pretty mind-blowing). The falling sequences were just awesome.

I also really enjoyed the lake sequence. Swimming towards the light was a great reference to rowing your boat across Toluca Lake in SH2, and the sheer feeling of distance that you feel that you cover (both running and swimming) was pretty fantastic. Swimming with the controller and seeing the different sculptures below the lake was pretty cool. Also, finally reaching the "light house" and finding that it doesn't have a tower...and looks like a doctor's office... just masterful.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Aug 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Redondo Beach, California
I didn't notice the sculptures when I did that section. I was too occupied with the light I guess. I'll have to look for those the next time I play.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Dec 2009
Notes left: 46
My favorite sequence was the very end, starting with when the raw shocks freeze up to the very end. Swimming through the ice water towards the light and looking down at the statues was INCREDIBLE. It was probably the single most surreal experience I have ever had in a video game. I loved it.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Aug 2008
Notes left: 211
I thought the art room puzzle was the best part of the game, very creative. I did find the puzzles to be very easy.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 11 Aug 2007
Notes left: 519
Last seen at: Redondo Beach, California
On my second play-through, I noticed something cool in [spoiler]the labyrinth in Harry's house.[/spoiler] The second time that you jump into the abyss, if you look at the orientations of the rooms on your way "down," you will notice that you are actually falling up.

Post subject:

The cabin in the woods which leads to the otherworld...

For some reason seeing that bloody hand print on the door really shivered me up lol

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2009
Notes left: 223
Last seen at: Colombia
"Nowhere" or whatever is called. It was "osom" and stuff. Easily the best part of the game.

Loved the room with Cheroll. Oh, and the Wii-lchair, of course xD

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Aug 2009
Notes left: 427
Last seen at: a land filled with things!
The Abyss in this game was amazing and I also loved the house coloring part where I colored my house blue with a red door and then was shocked to find that my house was blue with the same red door..and even the couple's shirts were the same colors I did..wow

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 19
Last seen at: Austin, TX
The house coloring part is pretty amazing. I colored my house pink and then decided to color over it with red. When I got to it in the game the house was red, but the paint was flaking and there was pink showing through. :shock:

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 559
Last seen at: The place where you aren't now
Well this is not a freaky moment, but one of the funniest moments for me is when you are driving with Dahlia and she asks if Harry remembers "Sid and Nancy". When Harry says that she doesn't know then Dahlia said "My tits, you named them, remember?" That threw me completely off guard and I laughed out loud , something that rarely happens in Silent Hill games (and I don't mind that, they aren't comedy games :) ).

Also the whole Appartment nightmare section was perfectly done, expecially the long stairs down. It reminded me so much of Silent Hill 2

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 22 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2195
Last seen at: Koholint island
I think one of the freakiest was falling the first time down to the labyrinth. As Harry was falling, this like frozen ice sculpture Cheryl started falling down as well, in front of him, and it scared the bejeebus out of me.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Dec 2009
Notes left: 857
Last seen at: New York
The walk to the lighthouse on the frozen lake was pretty creepy/ suspenseful.

bakedpotatoesreggae.com

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Dec 2009
Notes left: 134
I liked the how some areas looked similar to the original (Shopping Center).

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 03 Jan 2005
Notes left: 4693
Last seen at: Colorado
Probably my favorite moment was swimming across the lake and realizing I could look down and see stuff at the bottom. Then I got kind of freaked out and tried to swim quickly, heh.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Jan 2007
Notes left: 159
Last seen at: Honolulu - Hilo, Hawai'i
I called Dahlia at one point in the game and the song Shot Down in Flames from Silent Hill Origins was playing in the background.

The phone call you get from Cheryl when she tells you that you cannot fight them and that you have to run. It was in the trailer for the game, but it was scarier in the game how it was distorted audio and such.

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Mar 2008
Notes left: 978
Last seen at: texas
I have played throught he game 3 times, watched my wife play through it as well. You know that cabin you go in with the stuffed animals and such

Well when my brother got there i was very surprised to see when he opened the door
that his cabin was nothing but a dead torn open bear on a table with chains connected to the roof

freaked me the fuck out, didn't know it could change that much !!!!!!!

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 02 Dec 2008
Notes left: 264
The desperate call you get from Cheryl in the sewers when she starts begging you "not to come" sends shivers up my spine every time I hear it (and makes me really damn sad now that I know what's going on)

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Oct 2006
Notes left: 55
Last seen at: Alberta
Suiko wrote:
It was also really weird when you're in the sewer and you see that fish in the drain with a hook in its mouth, so you yank on it and it flops around, pukes, dies. I just sorta thought wtf I thought it was already dead, grabbed the ring, and kept going.

Seconded. I just kinda sat there, turned to my friend: "..did that fish just puke?"

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 115 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next