Cybil's look has nothing to do with how she'll act.

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Cybil's look has nothing to do with how she'll act.

Post by MapDark »

Ok , so I finished the game once.

And in my playthrough Cybil had the slutty look , yet she acted friendly to me and concerned for Cheryl.

So i think that the look that the characters have will have nothing to do with their personality.

So you could get "friendly looking" Cybil and she'd be a complete bitch XD

Anybody else experienced this?
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

I actually thought of this before the game even shipped.

But yeah, thanks for the tip.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

I think that sexy Cybil might be the exception.

Nice looking Cybil has always been nice to me in my run-through. Bitchy Cybil is the same. Sexy Cybil doesn't seem to have her own definitive personality. At least, I've yet to get her to act like a 'slut', and cannot confirm if that's even an option.
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Faded-Myth
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Faded-Myth »

It is, as in pre-release game play footage shows her acting really angrily with Harry. (For example, asking him really aggressively "Can I see your license?" and using the same dialogue seen by black uniformed, cap wearing Cybil.)

But yes, I've had sexy yet friendly Cybil too. I'm half way through my next run and I'm altering my actions to see if she changes over time.
[url=http://silenthill.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Page][img]http://www.box.net/shared/static/gzp1irrtr0.png[/img][/url]

[quote]I feel sorry for Henry. Here we have, this good-looking, even-mannered, sharp-dressed young single man, but who gets the fangirls wet? The weirdo serial killer with a soul-crushing Oedipal Complex and bad hygiene, or the dickhead priest with greasy hair and nasty teeth. - Alone in the town[/quote]
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Well I knew from the aforementioned teaser footage that you could get, say, Sexy Cybil with a Hardass attitude, but apparently from what I've been reading their personalities can switch up in-game. I didn't actually see that coming.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

OP is correct. I've gotten sexy!Cybil who was nice as well as sexy!Cybil who was a total bitch.
Hannah
Hope House Careworker

Post by Hannah »

Yuki wrote:OP is correct. I've gotten sexy!Cybil who was nice as well as sexy!Cybil who was a total bitch.
Right, but can you get nice looking Cybil to act like a bitch? That's really the question.

I didn't think there was any confusion over whether or not sexy!Cybil's personality changed. :B
¿Qué carajo estás haciendo aquí? ¡Lárgate, cabrón!

Y'know what I don't hate?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Hannah wrote:
Yuki wrote:OP is correct. I've gotten sexy!Cybil who was nice as well as sexy!Cybil who was a total bitch.
Right, but can you get nice looking Cybil to act like a bitch? That's really the question.

I didn't think there was any confusion over whether or not sexy!Cybil's personality changed. :B
I think you can, though I'm not 100% sure.
Puppet_Doctor
Just Passing Through

Post by Puppet_Doctor »

Well I just got the Cybil in the Swat Team outfit and I met her after you go to your "house." I was very disappointed when I got the same dialogue as you get with the nice Cybil. I have gotten though the hard *** Cybil where she was smoking and then she apologizes and turned nice. Although the dialogue in the car was different.
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

I have completed the game twice, and got black suit Cybil and sexy Cybil, they both acted exactly the same, they first were hostile to Harry, and after the Levin street scene became friendly to Harry, and they both decided to quit being a cop at the end of the game.
nanook in heaven...
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

I still haven't figured out how to trigger hard-ass Cybil dressed in her SWAT gear. I always get sweet Cybil, who, strangely enough, reminds me of the cop from Fargo...

Her decision to quit being a cop is a new one on me. The times I've played through she just tells Harry she'll trust her instincts, yada yada, hope you find your answers, yada, then walks off.

Verah interesting...
I always push the RED button.