Favorite Chase Sequence Music

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Favorite Chase Sequence Music

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Not sure if it would belong here, but i was just interested about the favorite chase music
In moments of tension, the music sure adds up to it, my favorite was the music during the chases through the mall, right after
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Lisa dies
, the one based on Blackest Friday
It sounds tragic, and at the same moment, it's really hair-raising :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

The one at the hospital :) what's it called, again?
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

^ based on song called Raw Shock
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Mina Fairway
Just Passing Through

Post by Mina Fairway »

I really like the music in the dark woods chase. Forget what track it's from, but it always reminded me of Pyramid Head's theme.

Then again... that's really the only chase music I can remember. :T 'S the only chase that gives me trouble even after 5 playthroughs.
Animetalchick

Post by Animetalchick »

This isn't really a chase sequence, but I loved the music when you were trapped in the car. It was so suspenseful :O

I forgot what it was called, though.
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

^^ dark woods is Devil's Laughter, i think
^dunno about that :P
Animetalchick

Post by Animetalchick »

^Yeah that's it :) I just listened to it. I think that scene was scarier than all of the chase sequences
-ShatteredSilence-
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by -ShatteredSilence- »

Devil's Laughter is my fave by far!!
~The silence has now been broken~
Animetalchick

Post by Animetalchick »

I like the "Raw Shocks" song too. It's subtle and creepy
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

I liked Angel's Scream and Devil's Laughter. The second Nightmare Sequence is one of my favourite ones so far.
biohazard1775
Just Passing Through

Post by biohazard1775 »

I liked the song that plays when you're being chased on Toluca lake.
yahwehorhighway
Just Passing Through

Post by yahwehorhighway »

Devil's laughter. On the sountrack, there's this robotic laughing chorus in the background that completely creeped me out. I'm not sure if it's in the game, or if I was just too panicky to notice it.
Des573
Just Passing Through

Post by Des573 »

Ain't Gonna Run from Silent Hill 1
EngulfedInFog
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by EngulfedInFog »

Not just the chase sequence, but I really liked the arrangement of hibernation during the forest stage which led into the chase music there. I don't know why, but that whole segment was through-and-through one of the best representative parts of the game for me musically.

The other part, and again it's not really a chase so forgive me, but the way you start out listening to creeping distress as you search the town. and then when you get out of one of the first cut-scenes you get a more tense and urgent arrangement of it. and then when you return to the main area and you get the call from cheryl and everything goes to hell, all the noises and crashes ans chaos....and then dead stark silence. sooooooo fucking good :) this soundtrack was so great.
Endri
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Endri »

I always found the chase music of the Alchemilla Hospital's Nightmare Sequence awesome! Especially when Rawshocks notices your presence and start following you.
http://endri.webs.com
[spoiler]Harry's name isn't Harry. Harry is just a nickname. His name is Harrold.
James' actual occupation is clerk.
Heather smoked until the age of 17.
EDIT - INFLAMATORY - T.
Travis is virgin.
Alex's a uninteresting character.

The bushes in the original SMB are also the clouds.

artic[b]UNO[/b], zap[b]DOS[/b], mol[b]TRES[/b][/spoiler]
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

I have to say that my favorite is the music that plays during the chase through the woods.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

Devil's laughter and Angel's scream.

They make me feel like running in some snow panting dramatically with a flash light.
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired
WolfSiberia
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by WolfSiberia »

I have to go with "Ice". Y'know, during the 'Final' Chase.
November 30, 2009 - R.I.P. Akira Yamaoka's career. Goodnight Sweet Prince.
[spoiler]Its mentioned in the play novel that Heather's birthday is April 20th...
Which is my birthday, weed day, and Hitler's birthday.[/spoiler]
KM
Just Passing Through

Post by KM »

EngulfedInFog wrote:Not just the chase sequence, but I really liked the arrangement of hibernation during the forest stage which led into the chase music there. I don't know why, but that whole segment was through-and-through one of the best representative parts of the game for me musically.

The other part, and again it's not really a chase so forgive me, but the way you start out listening to creeping distress as you search the town. and then when you get out of one of the first cut-scenes you get a more tense and urgent arrangement of it. and then when you return to the main area and you get the call from cheryl and everything goes to hell, all the noises and crashes ans chaos....and then dead stark silence. sooooooo fucking good :) this soundtrack was so great.
I totally agree with you. Those are definitely two of my favorite exploration/chase themes.

Devil's Laughter is also a fav of mine. It's so sinister. And... my mom actually liked the Blackest Friday chase music so much that she actually searched through the soundtrack on the comp until she found it. I lurve mah mom.
silenced angel
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by silenced angel »

I loved "Raw Shock" in the game as much as I loved it on the album.

Also I liked the whole chase sequence in the woods, the music (Devil's Laughter), the visuals, everything was great there.
nanook in heaven...