Radio Interference & the Wii Remote Speaker

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

deadwulf7

Radio Interference & the Wii Remote Speaker

Post by deadwulf7 »

Because i live in a large apartment complex, there is alot of wireless transmission going through my room. This has always interfered with the audio coming out of the remote speakers!!!! Th ankfully though, I could just turn the volume on the speakers all the way down, and it would force those audios to instead play on the television....

UNFORTUNATELY though, Konami has overlooked this issue with SHSM, as turning the remote volume all the way down DOES NOT force audio to the television... it just mutes the remote completely and the cell phone no longer makes sound. Because the game relies alot on the remote audio, it has hampered my immersion into the game. I was forced to only play early AM or really late at night when everyone was sleeping....sigh

Has anyone else experienced this issue??? And what about Konami overlooking this well known problem for Wii users who suffer from RF interference =(

It frustrates me so much. An easy fix that was obviously passed up for a rushed christmas release.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

Go to the options in the game(Harry movable) and set the cellphone audio to emit from the television. You go to the in-game options(Press the '1' button on your Wii-mote, and go to "Options"), and set "TV Phone Audio" to ON; it's the last option right underneath "Tutorials" and "Subtitles." That should solve your problem.

That's how I played the game, since the sound quality for the phone is much higher coming from my television's surround-sound instead of the Wii-mote's crappy little speaker.

Remember, the option is only available while actually playing the game, not on the profile-select screen at startup or during a cut-scene/Dr. K session.
Last edited by Terminus on 22 Dec 2009, edited 1 time in total.
Droo

Post by Droo »

Are you sure it's not your Wiimote needs replacing? I live in an apartment complex as well and experienced no problems with the phone audio.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

The sound from the phone won't play on my Wiimote either. Is this caused by a similar problem? The Wiimote still works fine as a controller and it vibrates fine, so why won't the sound play? It's worked fine in the past, with Twilight Princess for example when Midna laughs. Haven't played that in a while, though. Maybe the Wiimote is too old?

I know that I can switch to the TV, but I'm just wondering what the problem is.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
Jecht
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Jecht »

I think the way the voice sound coming from the speaker is cool. It actually has a telephone-sound to it. I loved it in No More Heroes. Really need feature
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

Maybe there is no sound through the wii-mote when put off so you can run through Chase Sequence without static? wouldn't make more sence as you don't really rely on static while running through the frozen world, maybe the light-point noise :P
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
Nasta
Just Passing Through

Post by Nasta »

I also live in an apartment complex and had no problems. D: Sorry!
Number 7
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Number 7 »

The sound from the phone won't play on my Wiimote either. Is this caused by a similar problem? The Wiimote still works fine as a controller and it vibrates fine, so why won't the sound play? It's worked fine in the past, with Twilight Princess for example when Midna laughs. Haven't played that in a while, though. Maybe the Wiimote is too old?

I know that I can switch to the TV, but I'm just wondering what the problem is.

Um...yeah. Nevermind. I had the sound completely turned off on the Wiimote menu. Problem solved.
"He's underground now. His new name is Number Seven."
soam108
Just Passing Through

Post by soam108 »

The sound on the Wiimote is shit quality so I did switch it to TV once I figured it out. Holding it to your ear is sorta cool since it's like a phone but the sound quality really does kill it for me.
deadwulf7

Post by deadwulf7 »

OMG are you serious??

I could have changed it this entire time LMAAAOOO

Wow i feel like a donkey now, played the entire game 4 times with a muffed out audio from the wii speakers. =(((((((

(I also see i can view my momentos here!!! I never knew this)

Thanks Terminus
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Radio Interference & the Wii Remote Speaker

Post by DistantJ »

deadwulf7 wrote:Because i live in a large apartment complex, there is alot of wireless transmission going through my room. This has always interfered with the audio coming out of the remote speakers!!!! Th ankfully though, I could just turn the volume on the speakers all the way down, and it would force those audios to instead play on the television....

UNFORTUNATELY though, Konami has overlooked this issue with SHSM, as turning the remote volume all the way down DOES NOT force audio to the television... it just mutes the remote completely and the cell phone no longer makes sound. Because the game relies alot on the remote audio, it has hampered my immersion into the game. I was forced to only play early AM or really late at night when everyone was sleeping....sigh

Has anyone else experienced this issue??? And what about Konami overlooking this well known problem for Wii users who suffer from RF interference =(

It frustrates me so much. An easy fix that was obviously passed up for a rushed christmas release.
Blame Nintendo, not Konami. Konami are just making use of Nintendo's features, they shouldn't have to compensate for it's errors, to be fair...

But judging on these posts before mine it looks like you can switch it in the options anyway. :)