PS2 version of SM

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

ww_andi wrote:that small moment is the only moment in the entire game where there is even a slight problem with the ice imo
Then we will never reach a conclusion if that is simply your opinion.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

Also the ice is clearly not as detailed as in the ps2 version

also i am not sure but the fact of whether you can see threw the ice might differ depending on the contrast brightness and sharpness setting on the tv i might try to experiment with this
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

ww_andi wrote:Also the ice is clearly not as detailed as in the ps2 version

also i am not sure but the fact of whether you can see threw the ice might differ depending on the contrast brightness and sharpness setting on the tv i might try to experiment with this
You can't see through the PS2 ice no matter what settings you have your tv on. It's covered by a ice-like texture instead of being translucent.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Would be cool to play the PS2 version in the computer and get some quality screenshots of the textures... Anyway this is getting boring and repetitive...
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

well whitney i disagree of course i was messing with the setting on an hd tv 1080p sony bravia and i noticed a slight difference
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

Yeah if you turn the brightness up you can kinda see a leg through that sheet of ice! Who cares. What about the first falling sequence in "nowhere apartment" where instead of a shadow of Cheryl on the wall in the wii version, you see an actual frozen Cheryl falling with you in the ps2 version. That's an interesting difference, huh?
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

Yuki wrote: I admittedly haven't gotten a chance to play either yet (I played on the Wii), but the idea that the ice is not transparent on the PS2 really bugs me because part of the scare in the beginning is from "HOLY SHIT MONSTER" rather than "WOW LOUD NOISE".

OMFG i loved this reply.

Well, i replayed both versions and i still consider the ps2 port sucked balls compared to the psp. About the ice thing people keep talking. While running from the Rawshocks, there was a lot of furniture and the like missing in the ps2 inside the ice blocks. Like it's not only in the first minutes of nightmare scene. Happens through all the game in those particular moment.
And the faces of the characters are less datailed too. But that's more a matter of my own tastes.

Of course it's all a matter of eachs taste, but i dunno if the whole -texture, details, sharpness thing is arguable. Apparently the psp ended having a bit more care with those.( for what the majority says, and what i also think ); it's up to each one of us to really care about the details or not.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Yiyo-chan wrote:
Yuki wrote: I admittedly haven't gotten a chance to play either yet (I played on the Wii), but the idea that the ice is not transparent on the PS2 really bugs me because part of the scare in the beginning is from "HOLY SHIT MONSTER" rather than "WOW LOUD NOISE".

OMFG i loved this reply.
lol, thanks! Was it funny or something...? (I'm curious. lol)
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

Yuki wrote:lol, thanks! Was it funny or something...? (I'm curious. lol)

It was exactly what i thought when i noticed hat difference. Only than funnier.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Yiyo-chan wrote:
Yuki wrote:lol, thanks! Was it funny or something...? (I'm curious. lol)

It was exactly what i thought when i noticed hat difference. Only than funnier.
Ah, I see!

I just really don't understand why they couldn't at least make that one piece of ice transparent. Part of the shock was "WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?!", to me.
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

Is anyone else finding it hard to find this game at local retailers. Where do you find it?
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Well I pre-ordered mine online. I'd assume some place like Gamestop or Electronic Boutique has it?
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

cascade88 wrote:Well I pre-ordered mine online. I'd assume some place like Gamestop or Electronic Boutique has it?
I haven't tried gamestop/eb games but I really don't care for either of them mainly because they screw so many people. Their prices are way to high.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Are they now? I got the game from Gamestop[dot]com, for $29.99, the same price that it was every place else, so...
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
krakalackin
Gravedigger

Post by krakalackin »

cascade88 wrote:Are they now? I got the game from Gamestop[dot]com, for $29.99, the same price that it was every place else, so...

To be honest, my problem with gamestop is with used/traded games. Of course trading anywhere a rip off. Ebay is the best bet!
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

Sometimes Ebay rips you off of games too, I heard of a few people buying games off that site and got nothing but rocks in the gamebox.

With GameStop you can trust them
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

thats why you buy from trusted salers lol

anyone you buys from a little or no feedback deserves rocks :roll:
EvilDead77
Just Passing Through

Post by EvilDead77 »

Wow I would be livid. Imagine. Yay I got Shattered Memories! Time to play it lemme just open the box and-WTF ROCKS and no game? Nooooooo! Lol wow lame
Aric - The Reaper
Gravedigger

Post by Aric - The Reaper »

That's happened to a kid around here where I live, ordered something from Ebay and got it for Christmas and found he got rocks. Was in the paper too.

They've been looking into it and say it's the same place other people are getting ripped off from, haven't heard much about it since then.

i think that was 08 christmas
Lost within this town, Silent Hill. It is cursed...much like me. This letter... this feeling.... What darkness lies within my heart? - Silent Hill 6: Reaper - By A.R.
EvilDead77
Just Passing Through

Post by EvilDead77 »

Ahh I had a friend who bought an iPod off eBay and they only sent him the iPods box haha lame