Is This Game Killing Silent Hill?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Is This Game Killing The Silent Hill Franchise?

Poll ended at 29 Jan 2010

Yes
16%
No
84%

Total votes: 142

AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Re: Is This Game Killing Silent Hill?

Post by AuraTwilight »

ITT: Several people simply pointing out your hypocritical behavior somehow magically equates to people freaking out.
There's nothing hypocritical about my behavior; I wasn't personally insulting Tillerman or anything, and I wasn't trying to insult his intelligence either. :P
Again, I just want to point out that I don't think this game is killing the series at all, and I *hate* this game. I think it's better for a game series to try something different and risk dividing the fanbase than to keep doing the same thing and bore the fanbase. Just the fact that this game tried something different was probably enough to keep the series afloat, regardless of how badly I think their ideas were implemented.
I agree; My main complaint about Origins and Homecoming as entries is that they didn't really TRY anything. They're otherwise generic games that crammed in as much references as they could, and regardless of their actual quality as games, there's no adventurous, ballsy risk-taking that Shattered Memories took.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

There's nothing hypocritical about my behavior
Ha, bullshit.
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Get a room you two. :?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^I second the motion.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Calm yourselves.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by stopped_clock »

Shacknasty wrote:Calm yourselves.

Something about pots and kettles comes to mind.
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Walter Sobchak wrote:Calmer than you are.
Last edited by KiramidHead on 15 Feb 2011, edited 1 time in total.
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

This game brought a whole new wave of fans into the series, just what it needed, if it had gotten a Kinect/Move release, it might have been recognised a lot better, it's a very underrated game IMO
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

redrum wrote:This game brought a whole new wave of fans into the series, just what it needed, if it had gotten a Kinect/Move release, it might have been recognised a lot better, it's a very underrated game IMO
I don't know if the Kinect or Move really would have made that large of a difference.

I know the move isn't terribly successful at the moment, but the kinect does seem to be performing far greater than I and many others ever would have guessed. I suppose the kinect would have been a potential market for it, but I don't know if the exploration aspect would have really worked well with the interface.

Growing the availability of the series and adding more fans isn't something I look down on by any means, but I don't know if it really would have been that beneficial to move on other platforms.
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

Calmer than you are.
Yeah, yeah, I already know that age old misinterpretation. Anytime somebody ridicules another poster and doesn't use a string of lols and whatever they're "angry" or "upset" about something. It's TOTALLY impossible to do any of the above unless you're angry. *rolls eyes* They're are more states in existence than the basic mad, sad, happy, etc. This will probably be followed as "yes you mad" because big, long strings of words are being used in a very dry and sardonic tone but anyway...
This game brought a whole new wave of fans into the series, just what it needed, if it had gotten a Kinect/Move release, it might have been recognised a lot better, it's a very underrated game IMO
I'm sure it brought in some more fans, but I highly doubt it's that large a number. A move/kinect release wouldn't have drastically anything either.
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Shacknasty wrote:
Calmer than you are.
Yeah, yeah, I already know that age old misinterpretation. Anytime somebody ridicules another poster and doesn't use a string of lols and whatever they're "angry" or "upset" about something. It's TOTALLY impossible to do any of the above unless you're angry. *rolls eyes* They're are more states in existence than the basic mad, sad, happy, etc. This will probably be followed as "yes you mad" because big, long strings of words are being used in a very dry and sardonic tone but anyway...
Christ, just give it a rest already....

Well, as stated before, I highly doubt SM being on Ex Bawkx or Pee Ess Free would bring in new fans and if it did, it would be by a very small margin...
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Lols, I was quoting Big Lebowski, no offense intended. I'll edit the post to reflect this.

I think the Kinect PS Move thing might not have brought in that many more fans, but their would be a little more recognition. It doesn't help matters that SM was only developed for the Wii because it was the cheaper console.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

Sheesh, sometimes i don't know why i bother posting on here when all people do is go way off topic and start hurling insults at each other. Grow up.
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
Kenji

Post by Kenji »

Seems to be an upsurge in this. I don't recall there being this many arguments that involved personal insults.

Well, except the perennial questing various members undergo to slay Adversary/Smaug/Fafnir.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Yeah, for the most part i always considered this one of the more mature forums, arguments usually are handled pretty well around here and there's not really that much insults. . .you boring assholes. :twisted:
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Boring and respectable! Always better then bitchy and flamestartin'. Trollers gonna troll. Wanna argue, be my guess. Wanna bitchslap, move along to the PMs. So there is a reason to this thread... somewhere. :wink:
Shacknasty
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Shacknasty »

And it was already dead before you chimed in.
BlackRose
Just Passing Through

Post by BlackRose »

Shacknasty wrote:And it was already dead before you chimed in.
Touchy :wink:
When his life was ruined, his family killed, his farm destroyed, Job knelt down on the ground and yelled up to the heavens, "Why god? Why me?" and the thundering voice of God answered, "There's just something about you that pisses me off."
Stephen King
Trauma_
Gravedigger

Post by Trauma_ »

Sheesh, sometimes i don't know why i bother posting on here when all people do is go way off topic and start hurling insults at each other. Grow up.[2]

Seriously Shacknasty, it's a little ridiculous how you seem to find any excuse you can to attack Aura. It's immature as hell, and really, not needed...
SHF

Post by SHF »

Another reason why this game does not kill silent hill, because, for a reimagining, it is right on.
This game is more psychological than the others ( except SH2 of course), it is a better emphasis on exploration, and on top of that, instead of memos that you find like in the other games, they are memories, and audio clips. How ingenius is that?
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]