References to other SH games...

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

heroicxspace
Just Passing Through

Post by heroicxspace »

^ Call 555-5464.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

He's in the school, one of the teachers. I believe the one being harassed.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.
So whose the pervert now :P?

((Apparently you can OD on Green Tea...And it's painful.))
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

ah I missed that one! thanks! I see it's also in the phone number list from my guide. I dont' think I came across it in the game. Where can you find his number
?
My Websites!
Image Image Image
DirtyNorris
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by DirtyNorris »

^It's on a chair near the door in the classroom with the projector.
[img]http://i904.photobucket.com/albums/ac241/DirtyNorris/o0p1cpjpg.png[/img]
Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

DirtyNorris wrote:^It's on a chair near the door in the classroom with the projector.
Thank you!
My Websites!
Image Image Image
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

When Harry is falling down, after taking the plunge down into the labyrinth (the second time, I believe it was) did the stills from the video of Cheryl and Harry at the SUV remind anyone else of the footage of Cheryl in SH1 and SH3, when she (appears to be) bound or something, calling out for daddy, with all that static? Or was it just me?
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

One of my family members said when he was falling while I played that they caught sight of what looked to be a pipe and a gun crossed into an X.
[img]http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/aa187/animefairyofdarkness/o0p1cpjpgcopy.jpg[/img]
Most people say Henry's a pervert because of looking through the peephole to Eileen's room, but here's the thing: Your not required to do that, it's the players choice.

nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

DarkMatter wrote:On my next playthrough I think I'll try to keep an eye out for some SH4 and Homecoming references. I notice none of those have been found yet! If they're even there, of course.
closest I could find:

Regarding Mr Gordon, it's also one of the images on the projector in room 4d:

Sh1: CAfe 5 to 2, SHSM: Diner 52, both where you meet Cybil.

Indian Runner in sh1 and shsm.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

I also kept find 21's in different places.

Jack Frober
Gravedigger

Post by Jack Frober »

Not sure if this is a reference but...

When you're running across the frozen lake and Rawshocks attack you until you fall down...I thought it was game over, but surprise surprise, it wasn't.

Nod at the very beginning of SH1 and the alley-way scene? Maybe.
This young man never had a bummer in some 33 LSD trips. Every one of them was a delight, everything under control. He needed only to snap his fingers and down he came, anytime. But on voyage 34 he finally met himself coming down an up-staircase, and the encounter was crushing.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Also there was the eye used in Dr. K's office, that was the first person view used in Silent Hill 4 to look around the apartment in first person.

Whitney
SHH Staff Writer

Post by Whitney »

nur_ein_tier wrote:
DarkMatter wrote:On my next playthrough I think I'll try to keep an eye out for some SH4 and Homecoming references. I notice none of those have been found yet! If they're even there, of course.
closest I could find:

Regarding Mr Gordon, it's also one of the images on the projector in room 4d:

Sh1: CAfe 5 to 2, SHSM: Diner 52, both where you meet Cybil.

Indian Runner in sh1 and shsm.
Oo I haven't seen that overhead yet I keep getting the mosquito one lately.

carneeval wrote:I also kept find 21's in different places.
Really? I can't think of any off the top of my head but it might be a nice nod to the 21 sacraments depending on where you found them.
carneeval wrote:Also there was the eye used in Dr. K's office, that was the first person view used in Silent Hill 4 to look around the apartment in first person.
Didn't think of that! does it look like the SH4 eye? I just thought it was just the eye you see at the top of the first questionare.
My Websites!
Image Image Image
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Yes, it looks exactly like the eye, same design,color, and shape ^^ They definitely used the one from SH4

KageReneko
Subway Guard

Post by KageReneko »

Damn, the PSP version lacks the SH4 eye thingy!!
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

KageReneko wrote:Damn, the PSP version lacks the SH4 eye thingy!!
That's not fun... But I guess they just used it for directory for the Wii

nur_ein_tier
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by nur_ein_tier »

Though it's still primarily a Hemingway reference, SHSM has a knife memento called "A moveable feast," and SH1 has a cafe with the same name.

Arsonist wrote:I believe there is a sketchbook in the junkyard Harry crashed in, he’ll comment “It’s not Cheryl’s”.
I could never get him to comment on the binder, but when I look at the doll by the bus, he says that.
ImageImage
Camhacks & stuff: SH1 | SH2 | SH3 | SH4 | SHSM | FaceBook | YouTube
Dogg Thang
Just Passing Through

Post by Dogg Thang »

For me, he'd say it depending on which I looked at first. I had wondered whether looking at one of those had any effect on changes in the game.
carneeval
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by carneeval »

Dogg Thang wrote:For me, he'd say it depending on which I looked at first. I had wondered whether looking at one of those had any effect on changes in the game.
That's what happened with my brother and I, when I played he said that about the doll but when my brother played he said that about the teddy bear with the tie.

True
Just Passing Through

Post by True »

The memento 'My Flying Lizard' is a homage to the Silent Hill 1 Air Screamers, and if you look closely at the tag that's sown into the back of the stuffed animal, you can make out the words Lost World. :D
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

carneeval wrote:
Dogg Thang wrote:For me, he'd say it depending on which I looked at first. I had wondered whether looking at one of those had any effect on changes in the game.
That's what happened with my brother and I, when I played he said that about the doll but when my brother played he said that about the teddy bear with the tie.
I'm pretty sure the doll is somewhere on the floor of the junkyard site, and the doll is hanging from a trash can.