What scared you about SM?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: What scared you about SM?

Post by SilentWren »

Ok, I'm not even going to lie:
On the park ride, the little ghosty running about scared me for a second. :P She came out of nowhere that time!

I really did like the atmosphere of SM, though I'm still not certain how I feel about the game overall. It was a little too different for me.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Glenn
Gravedigger

Post by Glenn »

It was the least scary game, but I found the part when Michelle was singing to be beautiful and yet creepy. I was also shocked when I found out the psychologist was
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Dr. Kaufman.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

SilentWren wrote:Ok, I'm not even going to lie:
On the park ride, the little ghosty running about scared me for a second. :P She came out of nowhere that time!
This freaked me out too! Really, any unexpected shadow Cheryl encounter was pretty intense for me. Well, the whole game was intense for me, but that's what was mostly gripping, besides the chase sequences. Sometimes those little white buggers would pop out of the woodwork and nearly make me spill my drink...

O_O

A spilled drink - now THAT'S scary.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
xGins
Just Passing Through

Post by xGins »

Well, i'm not sure if i was actually scared ; but the last part ( the part where you are in the big dark room , not knowing where to go ) was damn right creepy. Also the part, where you were running through these depressing similar rooms gave me a very eerie feeling. :)
Leo Ho Tep
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Leo Ho Tep »

the part in the car, when the monster writes on the glass. Creepy as hell!
HeresJohnny
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by HeresJohnny »

Having more fun playing this installment and not experiencing much raw fear that some of the ps2 SH's made me feel. This is like the fun, thought provoking, psychologically explorative version of SH. Better controls, better gameplay, less left to the imagination and less dark in my opinion than say 2 or 3. SHSM is it's own experience.