Cheryl is Heather?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

Aura, out of curiosity, what makes Homecoming non-canon? I've not gotten the chance to play it yet.
Cheryl,Heather...whatever
Just Passing Through
Location: I Don't Know...I woke up on this park bench in this...Foggy Town...Seems Deserted.

Post by Cheryl,Heather...whatever »

its Officially Canon, However there are a lot of Inconsistancies, Plotholes and Contradictions with the main series....the biggest being when you visit Silent Hill, the Map is Different buildings are missing and new buildings have sprang up in there place.

A really enjoyable game, but nowhere nearly as deep as the Team Silent Games
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

SH:H isn't officially canonical. It isn't official non-canonical, either. It's open to discussion.

The fact you openly acknowledge it having "a lot of Inconsistancies, Plotholes and Contradictions [sic] with the main series" suggests its questionable status among the Silent Hill canon.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Just Passing Through
Location: I Don't Know...I woke up on this park bench in this...Foggy Town...Seems Deserted.

um....Yeah I guess so, I suppose Because it hadnt officially been stated as non canonical by Double Helix, I assumed that it was.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not once has a Silent Hill game been reported as being canonical by its developers.

I need to get around to writing that . . . thing.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Just Passing Through

yeah, I guess your Right, so far only the Good nding of Silent Hill 1 has been confirmed as canon....by SH3, but if SH3 is not canon then....ahhh....my head hurts.....
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The Good+ ending, much to alone in the town's chagrin, is still a viable option for canon endings.

The first four Silent Hill's, what I call the Tetrateuch, are irrefutably canonical. It's only until we get to the New Testament of SHs must we ask ourselves what is and is not canonical.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Just Passing Through

Once Team Silent (with the exception of Akira) left/Abandoned Silent hill, thats when all these questions reguarding Canon arose...and so far only Climax has Officially Stated the Cononical Status of SM...But then later contradicted there earlier statement....the First 4 are Great, the New Testement as you call them...they are a mixed bag of nuts some Good (Origins) some Bad (Arcade),

I a;lways figured Origins and Homecoming were canon, despite Homecoming's Contradictions....could have something to do with how Alex Perscieves the World....But hey, I'm Speculating again.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

I wrote a fairly lengthy exposition on canonicity in this thread, toward the middle of the fifth page and another post a few after it. I recommend it be read.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Just Passing Through

Nice.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The Adversary wrote:The Good+ ending, much to alone in the town's chagrin, is still a viable option for canon endings.
Only if one assumes a series of events almost as imaginative as this guy's 'theory'.
Just Passing Through

lol....yup!
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Only if one assumes a series of events almost as imaginative as this guy's 'theory'.
I know. The novelization does use it, though. And said series of events, however unlikely, is still possible.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I already made a topic on this long agooo

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 85&start=0
Matrix
Just Passing Through

Re: Cheryl is Heather?

Post by Matrix »

My first impression was that Cheryl had imagined the entire Silent Hill is a place of evil through her imagination. That the first game and the sequels were something she cooked up to cope with the loss of her father and whaever trouble she was getting into.
Dahlia, the stepmother, was the Evil mother in the original. So is didn'surprise me to see the older version of her in the pawn shop or in the boat. Obviously Dahlia stayed in town after Harry died.

What do you think?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It's a very untenable theory, not accounting for much of anything when you consider that Cheryl's delusions were all about avoiding the reality of Harry's death, which makes SH3 an impossible delusion for her to hold, and makes like literally every other game but 1 and 3 totally useless wastes of of her time. To say nothing of these delusions saying that Dahlia is her birth mother but Harry isn't her father. A total reversal of everything she tries to tell herself in Shattered Memories. It doesn't work.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

they are the same character, just portrayed differently.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

At first I thought this was an alternate universe where the Bad+ Ending from SH1 was canon. The bad+ ending shows Harry dead from the car crash and suggests the entire quest was all some form of purgatory. If it was purgatory, then nothing in SH is true and Cheryl isn't the rebirth of Alessa. Harry was driving with his daughter, he crashed, died, awoke into purgatory searching for his daughter and she lived on for 18 years and mourned.

It was a cool theory, but there's one thing that prevents a connection from being made. In SH1, Harry's wife is dead and in Shattered Memories she is very much alive.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

Hexagram wrote:At first I thought this was an alternate universe where the Bad+ Ending from SH1 was canon. The bad+ ending shows Harry dead from the car crash and suggests the entire quest was all some form of purgatory. If it was purgatory, then nothing in SH is true and Cheryl isn't the rebirth of Alessa. Harry was driving with his daughter, he crashed, died, awoke into purgatory searching for his daughter and she lived on for 18 years and mourned.

It was a cool theory, but there's one thing that prevents a connection from being made. In SH1, Harry's wife is dead and in Shattered Memories she is very much alive.
Unless that was just another untruth.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That and the "Cheryl is adopted" thing. No way in hell Cheryl would ever try and tell herself Harry isn't her father.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]