Cheryl is Heather?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

simeonalo wrote:Maybe Cheryl IS Heather: I see it as this
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Harry Dies in the accident, Cheryl survives

Since Cheryl is probably not in custody with the mom, she goes to an adoption home

~troubled life~

Her real mother takes her to Dr. K under approval of her foster mother

SM Ending
And why wouldn't she be under the custody of her actual mom? And further, why would her real mom and her adopted mother have the same exact name?
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I don't see what you mean by that, as the foster mom I'm talking about is not Dahlia nor is she in the game, the real mom could be Dahlia.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Okay well you confused me there, but still, why wouldn't Cheryl go to her real mother, rather than an orphanage?
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Idk, maybe Dahlia wasn't capable to take care of her. Back in the 80's, it was uncommon for two parents to work, so I guess Dahlia got a part-time job that couldn't support a family.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

They still had welfare back then. It seems very, extremely unlikely that Dahlia would lose her daughter because she could only get a part time job. I mean, if you really think about it, you have take a cookie-cutter to the games to make the peices fit together and relate to SHSM's 'canon', and as such, it basically invalidates the previous games.

The middle name was a shout-out, a reference, and that's really about it. The only reason they're back-tracking their "This game is Alternate Universe" comment is because they didn't want to piss off the fanbase. Of course, they're going to piss off someone somewhere no matter what they say or do, but what can you do?
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Touch Coma »

I like to think its an alternate timeline like in Zelda or That new Star Trek movie. Why would Heather forget when and where her father died in SH3?
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
Mr.FLOOT
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mr.FLOOT »

It's clearly not the same person. This game exists in it's on universe in which the other games are not a part of. Also there is no Cult in this Silent Hill, at least not explicitly anyway.
Therefore Cheryl is just a normal girl. Not god is inside her, no split soul or anything like that, she is just a normal girl who lost her father, period.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

Shattered Memories could potentially fit between 1 and 3 in that Heather is dealing with memories she can't explain that are somehow imbedded in her psyche. I know Harry didn't die in the first one, following the good ending that leads into 3. But the expierence could have had a spiritually traumatizing affect on her none the less.

But I'm just brainstorming here.
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

ShadowBaby wrote:Shattered Memories could potentially fit between 1 and 3 in that Heather is dealing with memories she can't explain that are somehow imbedded in her psyche. I know Harry didn't die in the first one, following the good ending that leads into 3. But the expierence could have had a spiritually traumatizing affect on her none the less.

And Frank Sunderland could have been having an affair with Nurse Rachel, resulting in the birth of Walter, who, by the way, wasn't the antagonist in The Room, because Henry killed all the victims, and the flowers he got for Eileen are actually poisonous, so that's only a matter of time, as well. [/random brainstorming]

See, one could theorize damn near anything, technically speaking, and they could even find a way to make it fit. For instance, I read about the "Henry is the killer" thing on TV Tropes. Link here.

But it doesn't matter, again, how much anyone alters and adds and twists the canon of SH's 1 and 3 to make it fit with SHSM, because they are simply not in the same universe. I really wish that they hadn't back-tracked their original statement about SHSM being AU; clearly it's causing too much confusion.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

SM Cheryl is Harry's biological daughter. She can't be SH1 Cheryl. End of discussion.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

cascade88 wrote:
ShadowBaby wrote:Shattered Memories could potentially fit between 1 and 3 in that Heather is dealing with memories she can't explain that are somehow imbedded in her psyche. I know Harry didn't die in the first one, following the good ending that leads into 3. But the expierence could have had a spiritually traumatizing affect on her none the less.

And Frank Sunderland could have been having an affair with Nurse Rachel, resulting in the birth of Walter, who, by the way, wasn't the antagonist in The Room, because Henry killed all the victims, and the flowers he got for Eileen are actually poisonous, so that's only a matter of time, as well. [/random brainstorming]

See, one could theorize damn near anything, technically speaking, and they could even find a way to make it fit. For instance, I read about the "Henry is the killer" thing on TV Tropes. Link here.

But it doesn't matter, again, how much anyone alters and adds and twists the canon of SH's 1 and 3 to make it fit with SHSM, because they are simply not in the same universe. I really wish that they hadn't back-tracked their original statement about SHSM being AU; clearly it's causing too much confusion.

I don't appreciate the sarcasm. :P

I wasn't trying to make it fit. Climax said that it isn't meant to and I stick by that. The possibility just popped into my head while I was playing it and I thought I would share.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Well sorry, but it just kept seeming like you were trying to make it fit together no matter what, and I became kind of a wise-ass over it. d:

Off-topic though, that Tropes page is pretty fun to read through.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm particularly fond of the "Alessa and Mira are the same person" theory a bit further down. Apparently someone plagiarized it and tried to make it all french, though.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

It's the true fun of these games coming up with ridiculous theories that could only exist theoretically AS theories because there isn't evidence to support your theory, but also a general lack of evidence against your own theory. I think we can all agree that Cheryl is NOT Heather... but it is fun to try and make i fit. Time period wise, COULD it fit?
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Time period wise, COULD it fit?
No, it can't. Assuming 25 year old Cheryl is in 2009, due to cellphone technology and what not, and that Heather was 17 in 1997, it doesn't work out.
Jamius88
Just Passing Through

Post by Jamius88 »

You guys are way to black and white, no? Are you sure you're right and the other side is wrong?

From what I interpreted from the story after a few play through, I would say yes, Heather and Cheryl in SHSH are the same person. Feel free to disagree and talk about the word "re-imagining" used by the developers, but personally, I would definitely lean towards a yes.
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

They said that it's a "what if this had happened instead" sort of game. And nothing else of it matches up. They said one could consider it "canon", as to not piss off this unpleasable fanbase, but even if it is an alternative canon, Cheryl Mason of SHSM is not Heather Mason of SH3. She just isn't. It doesn't add up.

Harry dies at Claudia's hand when Heather is what? Seventeen, right? In SHSM, Harry dies of in a car crash when Cheryl is seven, IIRC. And obviously it doesn't stop there, but clearly, if people want to say they're the same person, despite all the evidence to the contrary, they're still going to believe what they wanna believe.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Jamius88 wrote:You guys are way to black and white, no? Are you sure you're right and the other side is wrong?

From what I interpreted from the story after a few play through, I would say yes, Heather and Cheryl in SHSH are the same person. Feel free to disagree and talk about the word "re-imagining" used by the developers, but personally, I would definitely lean towards a yes.
Except the dates that we have completely contradict each other, not to mention that we have several facts (Cheryl's hometown in SH1 vs SM and her relation to Harry) that completely contradict it being in the same universe.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You guys are way to black and white, no? Are you sure you're right and the other side is wrong?
Yes, because facts exist which make the scenario entirely impossible without going through immense leaps in logic the creators did not intend.
I challenge you to provide one good reason why they can be the same. One.

Hell, the two Cheryls don't even have the same set of DNA.
ShadowBaby
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by ShadowBaby »

I think it's quite clear that Silent Hill can traverse space and time, so anything is possible. :)
I'm currently out in search of myself. If I happen come come back before I return, please ask me to wait for myself.