New Silent Hill Wii game? Keep Ice or bring back the Rust?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Nightmare Silent Hill - Ice or Rust?

Ice
19%
Rust
81%

Total votes: 104

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

How will we bring Silent Hill to space, then?

A space-like otherworld would be great. Silent Hill in space is the most silliest idea yet, next to that Milk thing. And plus, it would totally ruin the game's canon, regardless if it takes place in SM's AU or the normal cult-related Silent Hill.
Shadow Dragon
Just Passing Through

Post by Shadow Dragon »

Space could work if the Silent Hill Cult got invovled with a space station or giant ship. Or it could just start there and then the otherworld would have a space like appearance when exploring the town itself.

For the ice vs rust thing, I prefer the rust. Though my favorite is when the wall look alive, like in the alternate hospital of SH3 or when they're simply covered in blood.
"They look like monsters to you?"
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Shadow Dragon wrote:Space could work if the Silent Hill Cult got invovled with a space station or giant ship. Or it could just start there and then the otherworld would have a space like appearance when exploring the town itself.
Finally, a reasonable space concept.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

I wouldn't mind seeing an otherworld based entirely on warped spatial dimensions. The games already do play with that concept here and there and Nowhere, and the effect is always pretty spooky.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Kind of like Persona, but actually creepy this time.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Just in response to a post about a page back, JASON X was awesome. And popular. Good, tongue-in-cheek fun.

...But tongue-in-cheek and Silent Hill should not mix if you ask me! Homecoming's HOSTEL bit is the closest I'll allow it. But for Silent Hill in space... UFO endings?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Clyde
Just Passing Through

Post by Clyde »

"Silent Hill IN SPACE!" would be unforgivable. It'd be enough to make me walk away from the series until the team that produced such a ludicrous concept was banned from ever developing another Silent Hill game.

But more importantly, what's this talk of rumors about a new Silent Hill game that was mentioned on the first post? Are there any sources to these rumors, or are we just speculating about the next game?

Personally, I doubt we'll be seeing another Silent Hill game for some time. I wasn't aware that Shattered Memories sold all that well.
Raam667
Just Passing Through

Post by Raam667 »

what about one with constantly the doors and walls are shiting and,m like, bending, sinking, floating, turning and twisting? i mean like, where you would have to constantly have a backup plan in case a door sinks into a wall. it would be like having extreme paranoia with visual and audible hallicinations. dont get me wrong but i want something new, and more complex. :?
[size=109][b](///_-)[/b][/size]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Raam667, that is a very great idea :)
Restoration01
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Restoration01 »

What about a Silent Hill concerning a Mother who abandoned her child?
Who turns out that the child was actually Walter! :mrgreen:
NightlyOne
Just Passing Through

Post by NightlyOne »

I prefer the rust environment, but I wouldn't mind seeing the ice return again.

I honestly think what turned most people off to the ice Otherworld was just the manner that it was presented in SM, especially in terms of gameplay (e.g. having to run from point A to point B, no real opportunity for exploration, only having 1 puzzle to solve, same monsters running around, etc.). While having the ice Otherworld was an interesting and new concept, it wasn't executed quite right. I'm sure the ice Otherworld could work out a lot better if gameplay was done in the vein of other SH games.

But hey, I'm always open to new ideas of the Otherworld as well. In my opinion, it all just depends on how well it's executed.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

What about a Silent Hill concerning a Mother who abandoned her child?
Who turns out that the child was actually Walter!
You know, this seems worthy of a fanfiction if nothing else. Write it and I'll read it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^Second that.

I can only imagine what a mother to an abandoned child's Otherworld would be like. Oh good lord! Can you imagine a birthing scene. :shock:
TetrahedronHead
Just Passing Through

Post by TetrahedronHead »

That actually reminds me of the Otherworld I always wanted to see, which has been hinted at in pretty much every game at some point or another: An organism Otherworld. One in which the the theme is like being inside of a giant organism, with textures that are viscous, as though covered in a mucus membrane, and flesh colored and seem to be pulsating as though something is breathing.

Actually, I think this would be a great Otherworld for the abandoned child fanfic. The final incarnation of Hellworld could be like the inside of a womb.
One who can only see the stars as above him lacks the gift of insight. --- Frederich Nietzche.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

TetrahedronHead wrote:That actually reminds me of the Otherworld I always wanted to see, which has been hinted at in pretty much every game at some point or another: An organism Otherworld. One in which the the theme is like being inside of a giant organism, with textures that are viscous, as though covered in a mucus membrane, and flesh colored and seem to be pulsating as though something is breathing.
This was partially done in some parts of the Otherworld in SH3, wasn't it? Not exactly like this, but the same general idea. Enough for it to count as being done before, in my book.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It was certainly covered in SH4 even moreso.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Taoy
Just Passing Through

Post by Taoy »

I'd like to see a dark moulding/decaying otherworld, with the walls and floors sinking and the air being poisonous.
stopped_clock
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Re:

Post by stopped_clock »

simeonalo wrote:No. Absolutely no. The formula of making something take place in outer space is completely stupid. Have you even seen those movies? Jason X, Bloodline, and Leprechaun 4 were complete failures in the franchise. I even consider them to be under B-movie type. Maybe Z-Movie.

And how would Silent Hill even take place in space?

Daniel Licht did the music for Bloodline, AKA Hellraiser in Space. He's the composer for SH8. Coincidence?
Too cold to start a fire
I'm burning diesel, burning dinosaur bones
I'll take the river down to still water
And ride a pack of dogs
SHF

Re: New Silent Hill Wii game? Keep Ice or bring back the Rus

Post by SHF »

i would actually like 2 c a foliage concept.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]