John and Michelle-Beware Of Spoilers

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

SHF
Historical Society Historian

Re: john and michelle

Post by SHF »

( cheryl creates this daddy is knight coming to rescue and love me complex). young dahlia is the sexual/physical compensation for harry.
the older woman is the soulmate/wife compensation for harry. basically cheryl is compensating these delusional people for harry.
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

helldescent wrote:( cheryl creates this daddy is knight coming to rescue and love me complex). young dahlia is the sexual/physical compensation for harry.
the older woman is the soulmate/wife compensation for harry. basically cheryl is compensating these delusional people for harry.
What brought you to that conclusion? I mean the whole "compensation" thing, not the "daddy/love me complex" thing (it's clear Cheryl has a weird Daddy/Love issues :shock: ).
SHF

Post by SHF »

im not gonna argue. im gonna just figure things out. you can always pm me if you want to discuss things.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

No offense...helldecent, but i think you're looking waaay too deep into this....it's painfully obvious dahila was harry's wife and cheryl's mother.....the game practically leaves this up to you to figure out...SH may leave some things out there for the player to figure out and to come to their own conclusions, but there's no denying dahila is harry's wife and chery's mother.

I think you're only going to confuse yourself by believing otherwise...
SHF

Post by SHF »

if im wrong, ill gladly admit it.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I would damn well love to see this "proof" that Dahlia isn't Harry's Wife/Cheryl's Mom/whatever. Because you're wrong.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SHF

Post by SHF »

record the wife and the " dahlia". they dont sound anything alike nor do they look alike.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

I personally don't like it when several people on a forum seem to gang up on me. But I think everyone else is right dude. I'll just reply to what you said to me.
helldescent wrote:you just said opinion. thats different from fact or proof. there is proof that the mother isnt dahlia at all. people arent listening
I said opinion because this character is inside Cheryl's head, it's Cheryl's opinion. Dahlia is Cheryl's manifestation of who she makes her mother out to be. Just like Harry is a manifestation of who she makes her father out to be. Nobody in the game is real except for Cheryl, Kaufman and video recordings of Harry and Dahlia at the end (most likely the love lost ending).

It's just like Dr. Kaufman says at the end; "Your dad wasn't a hero" and "your mother isn't the monster you make her out to be."

Since Harry is Cheryl's opinion of her father and Dahlia is Cheryl's opinion of her mother, they are both her parents. Understand?

Now, I can understand some confusion because Dahlia is young and represents an age where Harry and her are not married but simply dating. So yes, the young Dahlia is not his wife "yet". But it's when Harry meets the older Dahlia that we know she turns out to be his wife. You see, Cheryl only knows them as her parents because she didn't know them before she was born. So even though she thinks of her mother at a time before they were married, she still knows in the back of her mind that they're husband and wife, and eventually we do to.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

helldescent wrote:im not gonna argue. im gonna just figure things out. you can always pm me if you want to discuss things.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not arguing. I was merely asking you to explain how you came to your conclusion. That's the point of a discussion. Each side presents their evidence and theories and proceed to discuss it. That's kinda the whole point of a forum.
SHF

Post by SHF »

im just more skeptic. and i was addressing the people who just disagree with me. i hope i didnt offend you
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I don't understand what there is to argue about. It's very explicit in the game what the relationships are between the characters, and I don't know where everyone is finding room to see it otherwise.

At the very least, perhaps this will bring up some interesting new thoughts on things, but I really don't think so. : (
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:record the wife and the " dahlia". they dont sound anything alike nor do they look alike.
The Wife in the Love Lost ending, compared to OLD Dahlia, or young Dahlia?

It's the same voice actress. They only sound different because of the age gap. Helldescent, I have no idea what you're trying to say for the last page or two.
SHF

Post by SHF »

im saying harrys wife isnt dahlia. y? cuz dahlia isnt real. cheryl created her.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I have not played Shattered Memories that much, and I don't know much about it other than from the one game I have played.
Ultimately, the events of the game were all in Cheryl's head, so I'm not ruling anything out until I know for sure. I, myself, don't really go scouting around for outside information, I just go off of the games themselves. I apologize if that has bothered anyone in the past, on previous threads.

Some of helldescent's theory seems fuzzy, but you can't change his mind.
It's nice that everyone is trying to correct his facts so he doesn't embarrass himself.
I understand that it's stressful to see someone posting about things that are seen as incorrect, but his mind is obviously made up.

This forum is about different theories and points of view regarding a video game series. This is a theory about one of those games. It seems many of you don't like this theory in particular, but it is his opinion and he is entitled to it.

I don't know. That's all I had to say.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

helldescent wrote:im saying harrys wife isnt dahlia. y? cuz dahlia isnt real. cheryl created her.
Dahlia isn't the real mother? What was Dr. K talking about in the therapy session? Who was the woman standing outside of the lighthouse? Who is this "Harry's wife" that the developers have been talking about in numerous interviews? Are you saying Cheryl's mother is a different person with a different name, not Dahlia?
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

simeonalo wrote:
helldescent wrote:im saying harrys wife isnt dahlia. y? cuz dahlia isnt real. cheryl created her.
Dahlia isn't the real mother? What was Dr. K talking about in the therapy session? Who was the woman standing outside of the lighthouse? Who is this "Harry's wife" that the developers have been talking about in numerous interviews? Are you saying Cheryl's mother is a different person with a different name, not Dahlia?
I think what he's saying is that the character named Dahlia, who interacts with Harry and is only ever seen in Cheryl's delusion, isn't based on Cheryl's mother. That Cheryl's mother has nothing to do with Dahlia, young or old, and that Mrs. Mason's name couldn't possibly be Dahlia either. I think...
SHF

Post by SHF »

thats very much what i mean.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

That's...incredibly obtuse. Obviously everybody knew that, but from the way you were talking, you lead people to believe you were discussing the blonde Dahlia Mason present in the video tapes and flashbacks from Cheryl's real life.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

Like I said a couple times, Dahlia is the opinion Cheryl has of her mother....
And like I also said, since the characters take place in Cheryl's mind, none of them are real. But they are based on SOMETHING. And that something connects us to the real person.

The Harry we play is not the real Harry Mason, but he is based on the real Harry Mason. Some goes with Dahlia.

There should have been no confusion at all. Because obviously the mother in Cheryl's head and the blonde mother are two different people. One being real, the other being an idea based on the real person.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

[quote]
I think what he's saying is that the character named Dahlia, who interacts with Harry and is only ever seen in Cheryl's delusion, isn't based on Cheryl's mother. That Cheryl's mother has nothing to do with Dahlia, young or old, and that Mrs. Mason's name couldn't possibly be Dahlia either. I think...[quote]

If that is what you (helldescent) are saying, then some of us most likely knew that. "She wasn't the monster you make her out to be." Basically explains the whole thing, Cheryl's mother isn't Dahlia in her delusion, she most likely probably has a different personality, but Cheryl pinned the whole divorce and death on her. It seemed like you were "jumping" from a theory to theory, and not making it very clear, until someone "spoke" for you, then you decided to jump and land on that one.

Mrs. Mason's name not being Dahlia. That would be true, but we don't have much supplies for us to make decisions for that on...