PS2/PS3 - Widescreen Help

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Kilrahi
Just Passing Through

PS2/PS3 - Widescreen Help

Post by Kilrahi »

I'm playing the PS2 version of SH:SM on my backwards compatible PS3. The box for the game claims it is widescreen compatible. I've also managed on multiple occasions to play PS2 games in widescreen without a problem, including SH: Origins.

However, everytime I try to play SH:SM widescreen all it does is stretch the picture. Barrels and people look fat - basically all objects gain weight and it just looks stupid. Has anyone else had any luck with this? Did the developers just mess up?

I realize this isn't a tech junkie forum, but since many are probably playing the PS2 version of SH:SM I was hoping you might be able to help me as I'm about out of ideas.
Terminus
Gravedigger

Post by Terminus »

Are you setting the screen format to widescreen through your television? The game may require you to set the format to widescreen through the game options. I'm playing on the Wii version, but I know that occasionally games don't automatically scale to widescreen properly without tweaking in-game settings.
botohair
Just Passing Through

Post by botohair »

On the ps2 version there is no option (in game) to change the game to widescreen. I don't have a ps3 but on my ps2 I had to go to the settings in the "dashboard" and switch it to 16:9 and that worked.
SGTCOOL
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by SGTCOOL »

Yeah it was weird, it's the only game I've ever played on ps2 where changing the format to 16:9 on the dashboard actually made the game be displayed that way. Not sure about ps3 though.
Kilrahi
Just Passing Through

Post by Kilrahi »

Thanks for the tips. I'll keep trying a bit more, and if it doesn't work soon maybe I'll whip out the old PS2.