"Abnormal Sexuality."

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

The Fame
Just Passing Through

"Abnormal Sexuality."

Post by The Fame »

I never really understood this. Dr Kauffman says that Cheryl has an "Abnormal Sexuality", yet we only know that she has slept with her teacher before, who was male. Does anyone have an explanation for this confusing statement? (Well, maybe just confusing for me xD)
angelofROOM302
Historical Society Historian

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't understand this.
But considering that Cheryl slept with her teacher.. that doesn't seem normal.

So I might have answered that question for both of us.
LOL. :lol:
The Fame
Just Passing Through

Post by The Fame »

angelofROOM302 wrote:Don't worry, you're not the only one who doesn't understand this.
But considering that Cheryl slept with her teacher.. that doesn't seem normal.

So I might have answered that question for both of us.
LOL. :lol:
Thanks for clearing up I'm not the only one, That understands this statement, I mean :roll:
I still don't get it, I'm just dumb I guess xDD
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

By Cheryl being "frigid", refusing to have sex--I believe that's what Dr. K meant regarding her abnormal sexuality.

"To deny sex is to deny sex."

Cheryl won't give in to have sex, so she's denying it, and therefore denying
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Harry's actual fate.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

Cheryl's sleeping with her teacher is, I guess, her way of substituting for the lack of older male (father) attention in her life. Some girls really need a Daddy figure in their lives! :(

Ya gotta admit, if that's the gist of it her sexuality is pretty abnormal. "You remind me of my dad/I really miss my dad, let's jump into bed together!" :shock: Er...yeah.

Someone else on the forums mentioned an Electra complex, and I think that sums it up better. Can't remember which thread the post was in, though, or I'd point the way.

Awkwardness with regards to sexuality is a major theme in this series, wouldn't you say? The developers love to amp up the squicky factor what with all the symbolism or abnormal blatant-ness.
I always push the RED button.
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

There's also the possibility that Cheryl is "pigtails."

And if that's the case, that's some pretty abnormal sexuality right there.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I felt it was pretty obvious that Cheryl is "pigtails", unless you want to invoke ESP or something.

Cheryl is frigid and refuses to have sex with any of her normal peers, like a boyfriend, but she keeps having sex with older men who remind her of her father. Basically, she's projecting a buttload of unsatisfied incestual inclinations.

"I love my Daddy" means more than you think.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
pj
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by pj »

AuraTwilight wrote:I felt it was pretty obvious that Cheryl is "pigtails", unless you want to invoke ESP or something.

Cheryl is frigid and refuses to have sex with any of her normal peers, like a boyfriend, but she keeps having sex with older men who remind her of her father. Basically, she's projecting a buttload of unsatisfied incestual inclinations.

Stick a fork in it, this discussion's done.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

AuraTwilight wrote:"I love my Daddy" means more than you think.
Way to ruin that for me. :P
FiliusMartis
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by FiliusMartis »

Not to mention that the existence of young Dahlia, and her presumably sexual relationship with Harry, is Cheryl projecting herself into the scenario as her father's lover.
That's just wrong D:
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

What the hell does "Cheryl is pigtails" mean?
If we can not understand something so simple to you guys, well sheesh, you keep throwing in all these random meanings. LOL. :shock:

I'm understanding everything but the "to deny death is to deny sex" thing.
So glad to know that I was pretty much correct on one thing though! :mrgreen:
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

A series of echo messages about a nameless girl referred to as "Pigtails" pop up when Harry reaches Midwich High. Her boyfriend is upset with her for not putting out in one message, then there's another in which a guy praises her for looking like the "most perfect schoolgirl ever" due to her pigtails.
There's also the echo photo you can snap in the brothel; it shows a girl sitting with her face in her hands, a pigtailed wig beside her. One of her clients went crazy on her when he saw that her hair was only a wig.
Cheryl is "Pigtails".
I always push the RED button.
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

^^
Oh, lol. I remember that!
I was thinking that pigtails was another form of the word "frigid" or something like that.
Lobsel Vith
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lobsel Vith »

AuraTwilight wrote:I felt it was pretty obvious that Cheryl is "pigtails", unless you want to invoke ESP or something.

I doubt she had any incestuous inclinations - just a textbook Electra complex. This could also explain the hostility toward her mother.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Cheryl sleeping with her teacher and denying sex. Also looking at all the sexual items in the game, which ALL happen to be about women, even though Cheryl is a girl. Though that would seem very homophobic of Dr. K calling it "Abnormal"
Last edited by simeonalo on 03 Feb 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

Lobsel Vith wrote:I doubt she had any incestuous inclinations - just a textbook Electra complex. This could also explain the hostility toward her mother.
Isn't the electra complex an incestuous inclination? Or you mean that she wasn't a straight incestuous person ? In that case she couldn't be one 'cause she actually didn't have a father to perform incest per se.

So true.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Lobsel Vith wrote:

I doubt she had any incestuous inclinations - just a textbook Electra complex. This could also explain the hostility toward her mother.

Er, is that not what an Electra complex is? When Harry died she was 7 and therefore too young to have any incestuous inclinations; the Cheryl we learn about after Harry's death, however, wanted Harry sexually.
Lobsel Vith
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lobsel Vith »

It's not incestuous if it's all subconscious - that's what I meant by my comment.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

...lolwut. An "incestual inclination" is incestual whether or not you act on it. The actual deed going undone does not make the thoughts and emotions any less incestual.

Of course, no one here is actually suggesting that Cheryl and Harry actually did it (though they sort of did vis-a-vis Young!Dahlia).
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

Er, is that not what an Electra complex is? When Harry died she was 7 and therefore too young to have any incestuous inclinations; the Cheryl we learn about after Harry's death, however, wanted Harry sexually.
So 8 year old little Cheryl wanted her father sexually? :shock:
Plus there is no real proof that Cherly wanted him sexually, right? She sleeps with men who resemble her father because she wants him in her life. Doesn't mean that she wanted her "father" sexually. Or I could be wrong. It's just so sick and twisted to even think about! Lol.