What The Heck Were They Doing Out There???

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Droo

Post by Droo »

What would possibly lead you to accusing Cybil of being a "crazy bitch" and implying she's an excessively unskilled police officer?

Or were you just posting random nonsense for the sake of posting?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

Dur hur Cybil cant drive. Consistent with SH1.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I believe that Cybil is the officer called to arrest Cheryl. I also take on that the characters encountered in Shattered Memories are are not real. If all of the endings are consistent and connected with each other, Lisa Garland and Michelle Valdez would be around 30-60 right now, proving that they are but manifestations. Lisa dying might have been what Cheryl feared was going to happen to her. Lisa+Car Crash is equal to Harry and his car crash. Lisa's overdose is an illusion Dr. K stating that "The best way to avoid guilt is to not get caught in the first place", Harry was caught by Cybil. Harry then states that "No, no! I didn't do this!" seems to be a statement filled with guilt, another illusion to Dr. K's statement. Michelle's boyfriend might be a take on what that Steve guy was, or the roles of Dahlia and Harry (if one of them were jealous, just if, which one was it? Dahlia, Harry? Or Michelle and John?) and them breaking up would represent Harry/Dahlia's divorce.

Now the evidence of cars appearing through the town seem to suggest Harry's accident, also. Cybil's car, Dahlia's Car, John's Car, Driving the Car into the lake, and even the boat seem to suggest the car crash.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

simeonalo wrote:I believe that Cybil is the officer called to arrest Cheryl. I also take on that the characters encountered in Shattered Memories are are not real. If all of the endings are consistent and connected with each other, Lisa Garland and Michelle Valdez would be around 30-60 right now, proving that they are but manifestations. Lisa dying might have been what Cheryl feared was going to happen to her. Lisa+Car Crash is equal to Harry and his car crash. Lisa's overdose is an illusion Dr. K stating that "The best way to avoid guilt is to not get caught in the first place", Harry was caught by Cybil. Harry then states that "No, no! I didn't do this!" seems to be a statement filled with guilt, another illusion to Dr. K's statement. Michelle's boyfriend might be a take on what that Steve guy was, or the roles of Dahlia and Harry (if one of them were jealous, just if, which one was it? Dahlia, Harry? Or Michelle and John?) and them breaking up would represent Harry/Dahlia's divorce.

Now the evidence of cars appearing through the town seem to suggest Harry's accident, also. Cybil's car, Dahlia's Car, John's Car, Driving the Car into the lake, and even the boat seem to suggest the car crash.
It's an interesting idea, for sure... except we have no evidence for it at all (the Cybil thing). At least with Michelle and Lisa we have the Sleaze and Sirens ending to show that Harry knew women who looked just like them.

I think that Lisa and Harry's guilt over her death parallels Cheryl and her guilt over Harry.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I believe that Cybil is the officer called to arrest Cheryl.
It's certainly possible. I've also kicked around the idea that Cybil was the cop that found Harry's body or managed the accident, which is why she represents the truth in Cheryl's imaginary narrative.

Perhaps she's both. She's certainly worked in Silent Hill long enough.
I also take on that the characters encountered in Shattered Memories are are not real. If all of the endings are consistent and connected with each other, Lisa Garland and Michelle Valdez would be around 30-60 right now, proving that they are but manifestations.
Not only that, but even disregarding this, the events we experience can't be happening. Look carefully at the lighting in Kauffman's office and it becomes clear that it takes place from early morning to later that evening in the same day. However, Harry's journey takes place over, like, what, two days, even though it occurred from beginning to end for the therapy session? Nothing Harry experiences can correlate with an actual reality.
Lisa dying might have been what Cheryl feared was going to happen to her. Lisa+Car Crash is equal to Harry and his car crash. Lisa's overdose is an illusion Dr. K stating that "The best way to avoid guilt is to not get caught in the first place", Harry was caught by Cybil. Harry then states that "No, no! I didn't do this!" seems to be a statement filled with guilt, another illusion to Dr. K's statement.
Lisa represents Cheryl's unfounded guilt and helplessness over Harry's death. No matter what you do, Lisa will die, hoever, the blame is pinned on Harry (representation of Cheryl's point of view) by Cybil (Cheryl's sense of knowledge and apparently morality; one big personification of the girl's superego).
Michelle's boyfriend might be a take on what that Steve guy was, or the roles of Dahlia and Harry (if one of them were jealous, just if, which one was it? Dahlia, Harry? Or Michelle and John?) and them breaking up would represent Harry/Dahlia's divorce.
Alternatively, John and Michelle represent Harry and Cheryl. "I loved this...idea of a person. But that wasn't John."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]