Shattered Memories and Symbolism

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Slow White
Just Passing Through

Shattered Memories and Symbolism

Post by Slow White »

Even if you didn't like the game at the very least you have to give credit to Tom and climax for the obscene amount of symbolism in the game. There are so many subtle underlying details in this game it's possible to miss them even on your 10th playthrough and that just makes me smile. It almost saddens me that people will clearly miss out on the bigger picture and the fun theorizing we've got going on just because they didn't like certain things about the game.

Would it be safe to say that this game may have the most layers to it of any game in the series?
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

I'm not sure if this is a review or not (considering the question), but your thoughts would certainly fit here if it were one.

Anyways, I don't think it has that much layers of symbolism, to me it's the 2nd most symbolic SH game every made next to SH2.[/url]
Slow White
Just Passing Through

Post by Slow White »

Nah it's not a review, I did one of those on my blog...http://twitchandmoan.wordpress.com/2010 ... ries-2009/

It's a mere discussion and I don't know, I think it might have more symbolism and stuff than SH2. Maybe I should play it again and compare.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I think it's symbolism is atleast as strong as SH2's. I'm not sure which wins me over, personally, though I will concede that I think SH2's is a bit subtler than SM's.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Ryoshockwave
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Ryoshockwave »

It does seem to have a lot of symbolism, which is one of the few redeeming qualities of the game (for me), it's just that, like the plot itself, most of the symbolism doesn't interest me that much.