Ridiculous review

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Ridiculous review

Post by DistantJ »

http://www.amazon.co.uk/review/R3AIL23V ... r_rdp_perm

I don't think this person knew much about the game before it came out...
cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

Yeah, the following bit pretty much makes it obvious they were misinformed about the game before it even began.
This review is to point out the fact that despite the fact it was supposed to be a remake of the very original Silent Hill on the Playstation One with a father searching for his daughter in the spooky town of Silent Hill, this one has the same theme but the story is far too different from the original, though the twist was pretty good but this isn't one of my favourite Silent Hill games.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Not to mention (paraleipsis) the fact s/he wrote a 75-word run-on sentence in a review. That's an effective way to inform people to stop reading and/or take you seriously.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

"Oh my god, despite the fact that it's a sequel to the first Silent Hill on the Playstation one, Silent Hill 2 isn't about Harry and Alessa at all. This is a bad game."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I wouldn't waste time on Amazon for reviews. Anyone can write a review for anything, even if they've never read/played/seen/heard/tasted the product. I love Amazon, but they seriously need to moderate their reviews section.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I like Amazon reviews because you get the opinions of real people with all different tastes, not only critics who only enjoy Meryl Streep, heheh... However I hate when you get people who are so mad that something is changed from whatever it's based on, be it a game, movie, comic book, whatever else, that they're blind to it's actual quality, and yet they write a review and drag the score down. That drives me nuts. I read that review because I noticed the game had 1 star on Amazon based on one review, and I was wondering what they hated so much.

I write a few reviews on Amazon myself, I just love to see that I've helped others, when I get a higher percentage of people who thought the review was helpful, it makes me feel really satisfied... However a lot of the time the kids abuse the 'was this review helpful' feature and treat it as more of an 'I agree'/'I disagree' button despite how well-written or unbiased the review may be...
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Bishop Sasarai

Post by Bishop Sasarai »

I don't mind getting opinions of real people with all different tastes. However, I like to see all reviews coming from people who've actually experienced the product. Video games have it pretty bad; lots of trolls post reviews for games, and all of those one- and two-star reviews really hurt.
"In relation to [animals], all people are Nazis; for the animals, it is an eternal Treblinka." - Isaac Bashevis Singer
--
Proud member of the Asiatic hordes. SEANZ.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I would agree with you on that one...

It's mostly the video game crowd as well I think... And a few young anime nerds... For example Uwe Boll's name is put on something and it's rated 1 star by floods of people who haven't seen it. It's pretty frustrating.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

This should be reported/deleted (can you do that on Amazon?)

This person, of course, hasn't played a video game.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

You can report as inappropriate, but I dunno if they'll remove it or not as a lot of people use the report button as an 'I disagree' button as well.
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Gah, I just want to slap people with a wet fish when they judge the game based on the fact that they thought it was a remake. :evil:
^^
Kairu
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Kairu »

At least the Wii version has less naive reviews for it. The guy who reviewed the PSP version is an arse for spoiling some plot points in a review thats supposed to help people on making a decision whether its worth buying or not.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

*grabs a shotgun* Alright guys, let's go hunt these people down.....
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Yeah, this person definitely should have put spoiler warnings on their review. I largely check out amazon for book reviews, if only because there is no book version of rotten tomatoes. Even if I disagree with the critic's point of view, at least they tend to be well written, unlike some amazonians I've read.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I tend to avoid a lot of critic sites, particularly of movies anyway, as they seem to hate everything which is fun or indulgent.,
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I just like RT because it gives you clear cut percentages of both critics and individuals. It helps to put things into perspective.
Travis
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by Travis »

AuraTwilight wrote:"Oh my god, despite the fact that it's a sequel to the first Silent Hill on the Playstation one, Silent Hill 2 isn't about Harry and Alessa at all. This is a bad game."
Who said that?! :shock:
Sega is paying close attention. Every vote, every facebook like counts. Keep spreading the word!!
Eric-3
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Eric-3 »

KiramidHead wrote:Yeah, this person definitely should have put spoiler warnings on their review.
It mentions there are spoilers in the title of the review.
Although, yeah, it would be even better if the spoilers were also marked in the body of the review as well.
deadwulf7

Post by deadwulf7 »

People are stupid

that is my logic
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

deadwulf7 wrote:People are stupid
It is the wizard's first rule, after all.