one ending made me think

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

silenthillking
Just Passing Through

one ending made me think

Post by silenthillking »

not to sure of it,s name but the one where Dahlia is slapping Harry well think of the monsters a man in a abuse relationship will spawn.
and no the female abuses the man not the over way. I just wished that shattered memories had this story cause harry seemed like he couldn't fight his way out of a wet paper bag.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

That's the weak and wicked ending (I think that's the name), and I hated it.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Re: one ending made me think

Post by Typographenia »

So, let me see if I'm reading this right-

You're saying imagine what would have resulted if the monsters ingame were a result of a man in a relationship with an abusive wife? Well, depending on how you play it, there are elements throughout the game that suggest this very thing already happening. However, due to the nature of how things change on how you play, it could always be more or less prominent for any player.

Oh, by the way
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Silent Hill 2 did it first.
Edit:
Also, I think you underestimate Harry. I think a man that is willing to face the horrors he does in the name of rescuing his daughter is a pretty noble and courageous thing. Takes a real man to go that far for someone he loves. Just because he's not a boxer like Travis Grady doesn't mean he doesn't have what it takes!
Now I feel like watching rocky or something.
KristinT
Just Passing Through

Re: one ending made me think

Post by KristinT »

I actually found it really interesting the way this game explored the dynamic of an abusive relationship where the woman is the one expressing it with physical violence, and how it looks through a child's eyes.

If anybody out there knows a man who's been in this sort of relationship, you'll know that it's just as difficult, confusing and disempowering for a man to be at the receiving end of physical violence in a bad relationship as it is for a woman.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I thought the ending was interesting and laid out well and all, I just didn't like the ending because of what Dahlia was doing.