The new city VS the old...

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

cascade88
Historical Society Historian

Post by cascade88 »

ashatteredmemory wrote:The fact is that SHSM worked with pleinophobia (or agoraphobia), while Silent Hill worked more with a sense of claustrophobia.
SHSM definitly did its best to create the sense of pleinophobia...
What is pleinophobia? I can find no online definition for it. Anywhere. I know what agoraphobia is, but have never heard "pleinophobia".

That said, good observation with the fear of big, open public spaces theme. We do have a whole shopping mall, hospital/underground?, and the city itself to name a few. I still think it felt pretty linear somehow though.
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

cascade88 wrote:
ashatteredmemory wrote:The fact is that SHSM worked with pleinophobia (or agoraphobia), while Silent Hill worked more with a sense of claustrophobia.
SHSM definitly did its best to create the sense of pleinophobia...
What is pleinophobia? I can find no online definition for it. Anywhere. I know what agoraphobia is, but have never heard "pleinophobia".
Oh, think i know where i got it from: Agoraphobia translated in Dutch is PLEINvrees, and i mixed them :P but ofcourse, i meant agoraphobia
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
cascade88

Post by cascade88 »

Ah, alright. No problems, was just curious about the word. :razz:
єเภ ןє๔єг єภﻮєl เรt รςђгєςкlเςђ
Panzer_Kämpfer
Just Passing Through

Post by Panzer_Kämpfer »

I went to an elementary school that was built during the fifties, and we had lockers. Not that I ever used them. Or in high school for that matter.

I love the old Silent Hill because it's this rinky-dinky little Northeast type tourist town. It kinda resembles my hometown, minus the lake and most of the fog. I really didn't get much of a feel for SM's town due to the linear nature of the game. We aren't allowed to wander as much, so most of it is a blur for me. I have these ideas of sections of streets, but most of the time I didn't know where I was and had to check the map because I felt dislocated and lost.
I also love the forest outside of town. But I like woods in general and used to be a hiker. I thought they were pretty, what with the snow and all.
I always push the RED button.
Siaye
Just Passing Through

Post by Siaye »

Reguardless of gameplay, definately the old. Everything just felt creepier, not to mention old and abandoned.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

...Except, it's...not.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]