Toluca mall , racists?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

ashatteredmemory
Gravedigger

Post by ashatteredmemory »

(back on-topic) It is noticeable that the sound of the message is distorted, and could be influenced by Cheryl's subconsious.
Just as Harry is searching for Cheryl, as is the voice searching for a little girl that is blond (nod to Heather, blond hair), or brunette (normal hair-color), between 4-10 (Cheryl is 8, or so Harry thinks), and doesn't wear glasses (Cheryl doesn't wear glasses), and is caucasian (obvious).
"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

....Woah, I would've never thought of that! That's probably it, exactly, since almost all of the phone numbers and posters and stuff have obvious an subtle nods to Cheryl.

So, can we take it that the distorted message might not even exist? It sounds like Cheryl could've cut pieces up and put them together to form her message, like one of those letters where you cut the letters out of magazines and glue them together.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
deadwulf7

Post by deadwulf7 »

Droo wrote:No, you won't, if what you have to say could be characterized as offensive.

This forum is not a democracy, and your ability to post here is a privilege that can be revoked from you at any time.

a privilege he said wow....

You really love showing off your moderator wand huh droo?
Must be lonely up there in the Nova Scotia region.
Droo

Post by Droo »

deadwulf7 wrote:
You really love showing off your moderator wand huh droo?
I really do. *sticks his moderator wand in your mouth and swishes it around*

Banned.

Discussion may now proceed.
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Haha that was fucking hilarious I hardly ever use this word but it's called for...owned.
8) Nice avatar by the way.
Otakuluna13
Just Passing Through

Re: Toluca mall , racists?

Post by Otakuluna13 »

Has anyone looked at the Chess Club Poster in the High School? It says "White to play...Mate in two?" I think it says, and when I have Harry look at it, he says "I think I got it."

....What? Is this racist?

?_?
----------Ɖσ Ɩ ℓσσκ ℓικɛ αи Δиɢɛℓ σғ Ĵʋƨтιcɛ тσ ʏσʋ?-----------
Follow me, follow me, fa-la-la-la-la-la....
Patman
Gravedigger

Post by Patman »

I' m not sure that it was Cheryl related, but still, I think it was deliberate.
Let' s not forget we' re talking about an ad casting here, advertisers DO categorise people and are surprisingly free to do so. When their intent is to sell products to people who are mostly white then they cast white people. It' s certainly narrow minded but we can see obvious proof of that, well, just about everywhere. Oh and you certainly want them to be pretty too, even if you won' t go and say it out loud. Have you ever seen obese people taking a nap on Baywatch beach ? Please link it there if you did.

We talk a lot about that problem in France. Should we or should we not settle quotas in TV ? It' s pretty obvious that we mainly see white people on TV, but some argue that imposing quotas would only reinforce the idea that there IS a difference to be made. We decided to impose quotas in politics (50-50 male/female), but that' s it. We' re also discussing/experimenting anonymous curiculum vitaes.

Someone told me two days ago that he knows some recruiters who are so affraid to be assigned on trial for discrimination that they systematicaly recruit any colored people applying for the job.
Yeah which is why you gotta love Silent Hill they support freedom of speech and non-pcness it's awesome.
I totally agree, I think it' s great to see something like that in a video game. Please don' t wave your magic wand Droo, my point is that there' s nothing worse than the ostrich policy. If they hadn' t put that ad in the game we wouldn' t even be talking about discriminancy.

That ad reminds me a of pretty neat scene that I saw in Heavy Rain :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7VwpLtyubk
Priceless ! :lol:
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Otakuluna13 wrote:Has anyone looked at the Chess Club Poster in the High School? It says "White to play...Mate in two?" I think it says, and when I have Harry look at it, he says "I think I got it."

?_?
No, the poster has a chess puzzle on it. It's white's turn to move, and you have to mate Black's king in two moves. How do you do it? And Harry said "I think I got it..."
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
paladin181
Subway Guard

Post by paladin181 »

Otakuluna13 wrote:Has anyone looked at the Chess Club Poster in the High School? It says "White to play...Mate in two?" I think it says, and when I have Harry look at it, he says "I think I got it."

?_?
This is a typical chess puzzle. Basically, if you can't figure it out, don't bother applying to the chess club. That's the idea of the poster.
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

Ok, is this actually about the poster, or is this a thread for racism in general? <3

But, yeah, I'm going to have to agree with the "casting directors are specific about the parts cast" theory. Especially having been a drama nerd myself.

But I must say; the discussion was a very good read, no matter what the case is ;)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Don't bother replying to Otakuluna13. She'll be gone for the next 3 yr.s