Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 25 Sep 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
Author Message

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
Quote:
Lemex, are you serious? i don't think you get it, and you probably never will. you brought up how i was shitting on brunettes prior to saying "both your sisters are brunettes..." well, this is similar to what Aura's initial reply to me was. even though i said "both your sisters are brunettes," doesn't mean i think they're ugly. i could actually think they're cute, but since i don't really say what i think of them, you're only left with the fact that i think all brunette's are ugly, since that's what i said before mentioning the sisters.


For christ's sake, give it a break.

You say this and yet you still said you think brunettes are ugly, so regardless what you might say after this, you still said it. So as I said, it's a contradiction. 'Brunettes are ugly, but your a brunette and your cute' that's what you are saying really, and it's stupid.

Now enough already.

Quote:
so can you see why i would take it as a bash?


No - you clearly didn't read his post then.

This is the simplist way I can think of putting it:

"People who claim the combat was ever important to the series are kidding themselves. Just because you were really scared by the combat, doesn't mean it was ever important. It was always there as a clunky tool that failed to instill fear, and add frustration.

The only game in the series where combat really takes the frontseat is in Homecoming. This is mainly due to the fact that it's the only game where you can't literally walk away from a number of the monsters in the game."

If you still think this is bashing the game then I don't know what else to say.

Quote:
apparently you don't read well


I wouldn't say things like this if I were you.


Last edited by Lemex on 28 May 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Skele wrote:
apparently you don't read well. i put the name of the person i was talking to at the beginning of the paragraph. "uh Nanayashiki..." and all i did was reply to his, and a number of different posts in my last reply. i had dropped the argument in a reply to one of Aura's post, but then others continued to reply towards me (such as yourself) so i replied.

im not arguing that Aura was actually bashing HC anymore. im just responding to Lemex really, and trying to get across to him how someone could mistake what Aura typed as an insult. why? i have no clue, but i am bored here at work so that could have something to do with it. either way Aura clarified himself, he was never bashing homecoming. my argument that he definitely was bashing it has been dropped. i was wrong. is that enough for you Juri?


Keep mouthing off to the mods are you are liable to get banned.

They were referring to the fact that you revived a conversation that was over to continue arguing, and keep replying to it. Nobody wants to have this conversation with you anymore. You dragged on an argument for multiple pages long after Aura said that he wasn't bashing Homecoming, and then when you finally accepted that, you changed the argument to being about how you were right to think he was bashing Homecoming.

The users want you to let it go, the mods want you to let it go, you admitted you were only doing this because you are bored. Just. Stop. It.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2867
Good God, what an epic off topic! To return to topic, I liked a lot of the ideas in SM, but they could only really be used once. Psych tests could be done again, but I would prefer they be a side quest of some sort, not necessary to the game, but a nice bonus.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - STEPHEN KING'S IT EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
Lemex wrote:
Shacknasty - I've already said on another thread you have no power over how pople, be it a group or a single person, will take what you write over the internet. The only way you really can is through your skill as a writer.


No duh. However, that doesn't give people a free pass for being simple minded enough to think all caps only mean rage.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
Quote:
Says the guy who apparently has difficulty being open-minded to the perceptions of other people


Says the same guy who hypocritically does the same thing. You can't possibly think you are in any position to be commenting on this.

Quote:
and refuses to change his habits to save face.


No, the change of habits would be saving face.

If you're going to bother to troll at least be original about it and drop the internet elitist wannabe attitude.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Stop this argument. Everyone. The mods have asked us all to let it go like three times. You guys are going to make them angry and then they are going to start locking all these threads. Don't ruin potential conversations for all of us because you are stuck on Must Argue Mode.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Skele wrote:
apparently you don't read well.

Oh I do, but the argument you seem so determined to keep going over was so convoluted and stupid I had a hard time following. It doesn't matter which member you were responding to since you were still reviving an argument that was only marginally related to the topic of discussion.

Seriously. Everyone. Whatever you think is not worth arguing about. DON'T POST ABOUT IT.

Sorry for yelling. :P Come on guys, this is the internet. Don't let yourselves get so worked up.

I have no intention of locking this thread, but I will remove posts if too many of you can't grow up and move on. When mods find that they frequently have to clean up after the same member, that member may be deemed not worth keeping around.

Shacknasty, check your inbox and don't double-post.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
NanayaShiki wrote:
Stop this argument. Everyone. The mods have asked us all to let it go like three times. You guys are going to make them angry and then they are going to start locking all these threads. Don't ruin potential conversations for all of us because you are stuck on Must Argue Mode.


You're such an awesome member.


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:

Missing since: 09 Jun 2005
Notes left: 7462
Last seen at: Kentucky
In other words STFU and get back on topic. Now..everyone should get it.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
THIS CONCEPT IS TOTALLY A STEPFORWARD, IN MY OPIONION. FUCKING DISCUSS PLEASE. I AM INTERNET YELLING.

okay, on-topic resumed. Roll the ball.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3828
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
The concept is not really a step forward or backward it's more like a step to the side. I mean I don't think that people play silent hill games for combat(I play em' for disturbing atmosphere/scariness and the story) and in the other silent hill games you could go through them without really having to kill anything so taking away combat is not such a huge deal. The psych profile was interesting but not nearly as groundbreaking as some make it to be. Making us run from similar monsters throughout the whole game and focusing less on scares and disturbing atmosphere however is a step backward.

I copied and pasted my response from a couple pages ago, had a feeling it got lost in the off topicness.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2867
Mine got a bit lost as well. I basically said that I think that many of the aspects of this game could be difficult to pull off a second time, as they have unique connections to the story. That being said, I wouldn't mind having some of them return, just a bit different, For example, the psych tests could be an optional sidequest which can affect your ending.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - STEPHEN KING'S IT EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
The psyche profile wasn't very accurate at all, in terms of making the monsters and the ending "fit to you". Am I going to the girls' bathroom to look for my daughter? Or am I, more unlikely, a fucking pervert who wants to find and sniff tampons in the bathroom stall?

The game would most likely decide the latter.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2867
Agreed, but the overall profile given at the end was fairly accurate about me, and actually got personality pretty well.

_________________
It's not that far.

Screenplay Archaeology Podcast - STEPHEN KING'S IT EPISODE IS UP!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11371
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
The psyche profile wasn't very accurate at all, in terms of making the monsters and the ending "fit to you". Am I going to the girls' bathroom to look for my daughter? Or am I, more unlikely, a fucking pervert who wants to find and sniff tampons in the bathroom stall?

The game would most likely decide the latter.


From what I've seen, the profile more takes into account on whether or not you stare at that one "CHEERLEADER WHORE" thing.

But then, this is all being concocted by a severely mentally ill person, so...

But yea, it did bother me sometimes how the psyche profile was limited in it's ability to see things from multiple perspectives, but I cut it some slack because, well, to be perfectly accurate would probably require a sentient videogame.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Yeah, it can't read your mind. The most it can do is try and determine why you are looking at something based on what you have already spent time looking at. I think for the most part it did a pretty good job. I actually looked at a lot of things for various different aspects, including most of (if not all) the sexual stuff and I have yet to get [spoiler]the Sleeze and Sirens ending. On my personal true playthrough I got Love Lost, and have since gotten Wicked and Weak, Drunk Dad, and another Love Lost.[/spoiler]

So, I do think it is more complex than just "he looked at something sexual he is a pervert".


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject: Re: ----------
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 09 Aug 2007
Notes left: 3630
Last seen at: Federative Republic of Butts
If anyone knows the original topic title to this/question I'd be really grateful if you could PM me with the details so I can fix it.

_________________
Image
THE RULES! [click me and learn]
"I think I'd prefer a sword over a penis anyday." - Wigeke
Mxpn - Restless Night (bandcamp)


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: