Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 18 Dec 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
It's meant to demonstrate YOUR hypocrisy since you whine on and on about how I don't elaborate yet you didn't even do it yourself regarding that subject.


Oh, I get it. You've actually never read my posts on any subject ever, apparently, because I explain why I like Shattered Memories all the bloody time. Maybe you should look around and stop making an ass of yourself. Like Adversary says, "i'm not going to repeat myself because you're lazy."

Quote:
The ironic thing about this is that posters like AT are the ones making it out to be drama yet you place the blame on me. I'm not the person whining about how I didn't elaborate on why the game is mediocre and not disturbing.


I didn't realize saying "Could you explain?" meant "YOUR OPINION IS FUCKING STUPID, WHY ISN'T IT THE SAME OPINION AS MINE" in your homeland, sir.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Shacknasty wrote:
Which what Aura is doing him/herself yet you don't say anything regarding that.


There is a difference between engaging in a debate and being as rude and hostile as you are. You are the one that caused this problem, and you had about three or more people telling you to calm down. When nobody is on your side and you have over three people telling you to calm down and stop being antagonistic, it's time to do so.

Quote:
Wrong. I insult people who dwell on fanboyism and refuse to own up to flaws being in their precious game. They all have their flaws and Shattered Memories is no exception regardless of how "brilliant" it is.


In other words, you refuse to accept that other people value things in a game you don't, and rather than debate about the conflicting opinions and interests, you decide that anyone who doesn't agree is just blind and so you label them a "fanboy" and pretend they are beneath you. Then when people try to have a normal conversation or debate with you over why you feel this way, you flip out and start arguments in three different topics in three different sections.

You are not nearly as important or high and mighty as you make yourself out to be. Stop being an ass and step down from your thrown. It's aggrivating and you make nobody want to talk to you by ruining what could be decent conversations and debates.

Quote:
Already did so in a previous topic.


Not as of when I was writing that.

Quote:
*facepalm* Typing capital letters isn't yelling for God's sake. It's meant to place special emphasis on certain words.


I already explained this in said other topic. It is. I won't go into it again here, please read my other post again for further details.

Quote:
Because AT acts like one by antagonizing anybody who dislikes SM acting as if something is wrong with their viewpoint. That's where fanboyism begins.


You were the one antagonizing people by saying anyone who likes Shattered Memories is just a fanboy pretending how it has no flaws and that you "can't see why anyone would like Shattered Memories". Stop shifting your own behavior onto others.

Quote:
And I asked why and AT still hasn't explained why yet you say nothing regarding that either...


I'm not arguing for AT so I have no need to say anything about that. I am fairly sure he can argue for himself, he seems quite capable. He DID respond to you, though, but instead of answering your question he decided to point out his problem with your double standards. If you have an issue with him not responding to your question how you want him to, take that up with him, it's irrelevant to my problem with the way you are behaving here, which is what I am talking about.

Quote:
The ironic thing about this is that posters like AT are the ones making it out to be drama yet you place the blame on me. I'm not the person whining about how I didn't elaborate on why the game is mediocre and not disturbing.


I've already covered this. You are indeed at fault here, especially considering every single other poster is also asking you to calm down and stop being so rude and antagonistic. Perhaps you are not fully 100% at fault and this could have ended if we simply ignored you, sure. But you are indeed the one who caused this by being rude and starting fights in the first place. You didn't have to randomly interject into a conversation that AT trolls instead of debating. You didn't have to insult people who liked SM and then throw a fit when people tried to debate with you about it. This is, at it's core, your fault.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 3831
Last seen at: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.
Interesting debate. Anyway the concept is not really a step forward or backward it's more like a step to the side. I mean I don't think that people play silent hill games for combat(I play em' for disturbing atmosphere/scariness and the story) and in the other silent hill games you could go through them without really having to kill anything so taking away combat is not such a huge deal. Making us run from similar monsters throughout the whole game and focusing less on scares and disturbing atmosphere however is a step backward.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
Oh, I get it. You've actually never read my posts on any subject ever


Prove it.

Quote:
apparently, because I explain why I like Shattered Memories all the bloody time.


Good for you. Reason I don't is because I notice a lot of times on forums that if you happen to dislike something and explain why every single time people tend to whine about that.

Quote:
Maybe you should look around and stop making an ass of yourself.


Maybe you apply your own preaching toward yourself before trying to pass it off on anybody else, hypocrite.


Quote:
I didn't realize saying "Could you explain?" meant "YOUR OPINION IS FUCKING STUPID, WHY ISN'T IT THE SAME OPINION AS MINE" in your homeland, sir.


No, it doesn't. Now you're just being silly. Even more reason for you to be labeled as a troll for typing up such nonsense that are nothing more than your own assumptions blowing something minute out of proportion.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
Quote:
No, it doesn't. Now you're just being silly. Even more reason for you to be labeled as a troll for typing up such nonsense that are nothing more than your own assumptions blowing something minute out of proportion.


I would like to point out that that is what you implied, at least in the other thread. I asked why and instead of giving your reasoning, you jumped on me and told me to "deal with it". Moot point now that you've explained.

Quote:
Good for you. Reason I don't is because I notice a lot of times on forums that if you happen to dislike something and explain why every single time people tend to whine about that.


Really? That's odd; I've not seen that happen unless it's outright bashing the game, rather than things like, "I disliked the game because [this], [this], and [this]."

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Moderator
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 21 Jul 2003
Notes left: 11961
Last seen at: Nova Scotia, Canada
NothingLikeSleep wrote:
aura Is becoming sexully frustrated. And nanynaya or whatever ur gay name is- eat a dick crybaby


This user has been banned. Just letting you all know. Thanks.

_________________
Image
"I dreamt last night I saw you
A single spark explosion negotiating with the dead
By the bright lights in some ICU on my chest you put your head
and said "There you are.
There you are.
There's my heart..."


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
Thanks Droo.

I did try to warn that guy it was going to happen. :/


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
THANK YOU, Droo. So much.

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
This could also be a good reminder that users who have a tendency to belittle and antagonize others should change their posting habits or they will be banned as well.

SHHF New Year's Resolution wrote:
Please treat every member with respect and you'll find that you are more respected as well.

Reread every post you make before hitting the "Submit" button. If anything in the content would offend you if your roles were reversed, change it.

You don't have to have the last word. If an argument is going nowhere, feel free to step away. Pride is not the opposite of shame, but its source. (thanks, Iroh)

You can flag questionable posts using the [!] button. Don't feel obligated to deal with belligerence yourself, just report it and let a moderator handle the situation.

Even if you consider a member to be flaming, a troll, or ignorant of every forum rule, that doesn't mean you have a free pass to step on them or retaliate in kind. Be polite to everyone, not just those that you think deserve it.


And yes, typing in all caps is widely accepted as the internet equivalent to shouting, as you'll see on any page devoted to Netiquette.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
JuriDawn wrote:
And yes, typing in all caps is widely accepted as the internet equivalent to shouting, as you'll see on any page devoted to Netiquette.


It being widely accepted is irrelevant. All it shows is that people refuse to be open minded about something.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
Quote:
It being widely accepted is irrelevant. All it shows is that people refuse to be open minded about something.


Open-minded to what, exactly? The fact remains, the way your post came off sounded rather rude and somewhat immature, to multiple posters, not only me. Can we at least acknowledge that? For a little tip, it's best to not use caps as emphasis unless you absolutely must, because then your post will come off as angry.

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3219
As I said before, bold is a significantly less angry looking substitute emphasizer to caps. It's probably the best choice to emphasize words, and is widely acknowledged as such in most forums. Although I myself will occasionally use all caps for just ONE word that needs emphasis, I have been really trying to cut back on this myself.

Anyway, this is super silly and off-topic and Shacknasty is now arguing with a mod with a statement that makes no sense to me. So I'm gonna go ahead and sit this one out for right now. I think I've done all I can.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
Quote:
As I said before, bold is a significantly less angry looking substitute emphasizer to caps.


You have to realize how silly it sounds to designate words as "angry" just because they're in all upper case. I realize some people might do that out of personal spite, but for me it's simply to focus special attention on certain words. As in words you should be paying attention to. Hence, I capiltalized "GET OVER IT" because that's what I was strongly emphasizing.

Besides, it's slightly quicker just to hit the caps lock key than using the bold tags so as a result it just became a habit.

Quote:
Open-minded to what, exactly?


Multiple possibilities. What else?

Quote:
The fact remains, the way your post came off sounded rather rude and somewhat immature, to multiple posters, not only me.


Doesn't automatically make it immature especially when a few of said posters have the silly mindset that all caps implies being angry. So as a result those comments aren't worth taking seriously because they have nothing sufficient to back them up.

Quote:
Can we at least acknowledge that? For a little tip, it's best to not use caps as emphasis unless you absolutely must, because then your post will come off as angry.


Not my problem that people can't seem to realize that it's possible that there is more to all caps than just "RAGE!".

[/quote]

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
Shacknasty - I've already said on another thread you have no power over how pople, be it a group or a single person, will take what you write over the internet. The only way you really can is through your skill as a writer.

Now come on, you are being silly. Stop this please.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
Yuki, im pretty aware that not everyone cared for the combat; i never said it floated everyone's boat. my point was that it was important in the series because the developers used it as another tool to create fear, and add tension. of course some folks just found it frustrating and annoying (even i did in SH4), but i (and im sure others) enjoyed it in some games. allowing me to fight with monsters added some fear, and very tense moments in my playthroughs of SH, SH3, and SH:H.

uh Nanayashiki, i already dropped it. once he clarified what he actually thought of HC's combat, i totally let it go, and yes, the clarification was needed. everything he had been saying in this thread about combat in SH games had been a negative. he stated how combat has always been clunky and frustrating in the series, and in the following sentence added that it took the frontseat in Homecoming. one can easily assume he thinks the combat sucks in HC too. him simply saying "im not bashing Homecoming" isn't really enough. OK, well since you say you're not bashing it, then what do you think of it?

Anyway Lemex, if you can't get the point that i was making about taking something out of context with the example i gave you, then i can't help you. i know my entire comment about brunettes came off as negative and insulting. that's the point i was making! that when you read Aura's entire paragraph, i can't see how he's referring to the combat in Homecoming as a positive thing.
however if you just focus on this from my paragraph:

"Both of your sisters are brunette's, and you are as well. This is probably due to the fact that your mother, and father are both brunette"

then nothing is negative at all. im not insulting them directly, or saying they're ugly as well. im simply making an observation there. i could actually think the sisters are quite good looking, but since i don't clarify what i think about any of the people i had mentioned, you'd have to assume i was speaking negatively about them. but anyway, that's over and done with and it's clear now he wasn't bashing HC.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
^ No, but you are bashing brunettes. Which is why I said if you said that to a girl in a club you'd be slapped. Does not matter if you are insulting the person you are talking to, you are saying brunettes are ugly, which is an insult.

Your example is flawed beyond belief, and I don't understand why you keep bringing it up because I stopped caring some time ago.

Quote:
Aura's entire paragraph, i can't see how he's referring to the combat in Homecoming as a positive thing.


Do you want me to break his paragraph down again, so it's easier to understand?

Because if you read his post entire you'd know he WAS saying was a positive thing about it; and by his tone you can hear his opinion on the game, but that's his opnion, and it was not stated. He may not like the game, but he was not bashing it - his tone just reflected an opinion.

"
Quote:
Both of your sisters are brunette's, and you are as well. This is probably due to the fact that your mother, and father are both brunette"

then nothing is negative at all. im not insulting them directly


Yes you are. You said brunettes are ugly in a previous sentence, there is no two ways to take that.


Last edited by Lemex on 28 May 2010, edited 3 times in total.

Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Skele wrote:
i already dropped it.

This is you not dropping it, hon. Looking back a couple of pages (since I didn't even know what the heck this was a response to) it looks like most of what you're arguing here is stuff no one cares about anymore. "Dropping it" means you don't post about it anymore. Everyone unclench and go have a cookie.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11379
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:

It being widely accepted is irrelevant. All it shows is that people refuse to be open minded about something.


Says the guy who apparently has difficulty being open-minded to the perceptions of other people and refuses to change his habits to save face.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 08 Jan 2006
Notes left: 4060
Last seen at: Carrollton, TX
Haha, yeah. . . So, Aura. You wanna change your habits to stop dragging out pointless arguments. I'd really, really, really, really, really appreciate it.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
JuriDawn wrote:
Skele wrote:
i already dropped it.

This is you not dropping it, hon. Looking back a couple of pages (since I didn't even know what the heck this was a response to) it looks like most of what you're arguing here is stuff no one cares about anymore. "Dropping it" means you don't post about it anymore. Everyone unclench and go have a cookie.


apparently you don't read well. i put the name of the person i was talking to at the beginning of the paragraph. "uh Nanayashiki..." and all i did was reply to his, and a number of different posts in my last reply. i had dropped the argument in a reply to one of Aura's post, but then others continued to reply towards me (such as yourself) so i replied.

im not arguing that Aura was actually bashing HC anymore. im just responding to Lemex really, and trying to get across to him how someone could mistake what Aura typed as an insult. why? i have no clue, but i am bored here at work so that could have something to do with it. either way Aura clarified himself, he was never bashing homecoming. my argument that he definitely was bashing it has been dropped. i was wrong. is that enough for you Juri?

Lemex, are you serious? i don't think you get it, and you probably never will. you brought up how i was shitting on brunettes prior to saying "both your sisters are brunettes..." well, this is similar to what Aura's initial reply to me was. even though i said "both your sisters are brunettes," doesn't mean i think they're ugly. i could actually think they're cute, but since i don't really say what i think of them, you're only left with the fact that i think all brunette's are ugly, since that's what i said before mentioning the sisters.

This is how Aura's reply went as well. he basically ragged on combat in the SH series, saying it's "never been important," is "clunky," "doesn't add to the fear," and is "frustrating." then in the very next sentence (same paragraph mind you) he says that combat takes the frontseat in Homecoming. meaning the game is very action oriented. so can you see why i would take it as a bash? in the sentence following that, he mentiones how it's the only game in which you can't run from any of the monsters. again, i don't know if this to him is a good or bad thing, but seeing as how he was ragging on combat two sentences ago, im only left with the fact that he's never liked it. had he simply added what he actually thinks about HC's combat, i would've never assumed he meant it as an insult. this is why the why the clarification was needed.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: