Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 27 May 2017




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Author Message

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
Quote:
people should stop taking that one sentence out of context. if i said "Brunette women are just really unattractive, butt ugly women. Their hair color is atrocious, and just because you find brunette's attractive, doesn't mean a single brunette gal is good loking. Both of your sisters are brunette's, and you are as well. This is probably due to the fact that your mother, and father are both brunette." i don't think anyone would think i was saying something nice.


This paragraph is nothing more than a group of contradicting sentences. If you said this to a girl in a bar you'd be slapped back to the Stone Age.

Quote:
"People who claim the combat was ever important to the series are kidding themselves. Just because you were really scared by the combat, doesn't mean it was ever important. It was always there as a clunky tool that failed to instill fear, and add frustration. The only game in the series where combat really takes the frontseat is in Homecoming. This is mainly due to the fact that it's the only game where you can't literally walk away from a number of the monsters in the game."


I did read his post. He was just giving an opinion on the combat of earlier games, so this means with this sentence he wasn't talking about Homecoming. Bashing it is another matter; there is a big difference between this (which is legitimate criticism) and me saying something like "Homecoming sucks fucking ass! I hate everything about it" and not give a reason for saying why I think this.

There is a big difference between the two.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11370
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
I'm sure none of us would want to go thru a mental evaluation everytime we play a SH game.


Speak for yourself; I think the mental evaluation was totally awesome. It's not at all comparable to reusing a plotline.

Quote:
people should stop taking that one sentence out of context. if i said "Brunette women are just really unattractive, butt ugly women. Their hair color is atrocious, and just because you find brunette's attractive, doesn't mean a single brunette gal is good loking. Both of your sisters are brunette's, and you are as well. This is probably due to the fact that your mother, and father are both brunette." i don't think anyone would think i was saying something nice.

read his entire post.

"People who claim the combat was ever important to the series are kidding themselves. Just because you were really scared by the combat, doesn't mean it was ever important. It was always there as a clunky tool that failed to instill fear, and add frustration. The only game in the series where combat really takes the frontseat is in Homecoming. This is mainly due to the fact that it's the only game where you can't literally walk away from a number of the monsters in the game."

also, if he is just mentioning Homecoming, and sharing his opinion about it being the most action oriented SH game, then what's his take on it? in my example where i brought up SH2, i made it clear that combat was unneeded in Sh2, but that the game would be great with, or without it.
i can only go by what was mentioned in this rant, prior to him bringing it up HC, in which he believes combat has always been "clunky" and "frustrating" in the SH series. nothing in that paragraph would lead me to believe he viewed HC being mainly combat oriented as a good thing. but sure, he's not bashing it


You also neglect that I've stated multiple times that, despite my complaints about the game, I acknowledge that it's combat system is also superior. Stop bleeding all over the place and stop trying to say things I didn't fucking say; it's really fucking rude.

Quote:
I guess for users like Aura trolling is a good substitute for debating.


What the hell are you talking about? From what I've seen, you're more of a troll than I am. :P

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
AuraTwilight wrote:
You also neglect that I've stated multiple times that, despite my complaints about the game, I acknowledge that it's combat system is also superior. Stop bleeding all over the place and stop trying to say things I didn't fucking say; it's really fucking rude.


And also really stupid.

Here I shall set out Aura's paragraph so it is as clear as I can think of making it.

"People who claim the combat was ever important to the series are kidding themselves. Just because you were really scared by the combat, doesn't mean it was ever important. It was always there as a clunky tool that failed to instill fear, and add frustration.

The only game in the series where combat really takes the frontseat is in Homecoming. This is mainly due to the fact that it's the only game where you can't literally walk away from a number of the monsters in the game."

Do you see? He was talking about something - and then backed it up: he was not bashing anything.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
^ Lemex, at no point does he state he doesn't believe the combat in HC is clunky, fails, and is frustrating. i brought up SH2 as an example against my point that combat had always been somewhat important in the series. i even made it clear that the game would be great without it. it seems like he brought up HC to help prove his point (about combat never being important) and he didn't clarify whether he thought it was a good thing in HC.

it's why i made the example with the brunette thing. because if you take that one sentence he wrote out of context, it seems like he's just stating his observation. also, nothing in my example contradicts anything Lemex. it's just when you hear, or read it in its entirety, there's no other way but to take it as an insult (like Aura's rant). lets say i took these two sentences out of my example:

"Both of your sisters are brunette's, and you are as well. This is probably due to the fact that your mother, and father are both brunette."

it would seem like im just making an observation, right? but you're excluding all the harsh things i said previously about brunette women. that's kind of the point i was making, that you're all taking what he said out of context.

plus he trying to make a point against something i never claimed. i never said the combat is as important as storyline, or atmosphere for any of the games in the series. all i said was that it was important (again, i put it behind story&atmosphere) and used as a tool to instill fear and tension. it worked for some, and not so much for others.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

Aura becomes very sensitive when any opinion differs from her on when it comes to Shattered Memories. Her insecurities are on par with a 13 year old boy with bitch tits.


Top
   
 

Subway Guard
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1538
Last seen at: VA
"You also neglect that I've stated multiple times that, despite my complaints about the game, I acknowledge that it's combat system is also superior. Stop bleeding all over the place and stop trying to say things I didn't fucking say; it's really fucking rude. "

Aura, you may have said this about HC's combat in other threads, but i dont read every single thread man. and i don't recall you saying that in this thread, until just now. if you would've added "but in HC the combat's actually pretty good." in your first reply to mine, i wouldn't have taken it the wrong way.

either way, i still think people exaggerate how HC is more combat oriented than previous games. i even provided you with the Smog and Nurses, as monsters you can walk by. but that's a HC discussion, and this is a SM section.. so meh.

and NothingLikeSleep, Aura's a guy. i'll admit Aura can get pretty passionate when debating, and sometimes rude, but i still like the guy. he tends to know his shit in regards to the games, and spends more time thinking about the "deeper" stuff than i ever will.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
You're thing about Brunettes is just insulting, I can't see how you can read that paragraph in a positive light. You must educate me.
Quote:
it would seem like im just making an observation, right? but you're excluding all the harsh things i said previously about brunette women

No I'm not, I'm just not bringing it up, or making it an issue of it because I don't care about it. But I can assure you his comments were not bashing as you claimed here:
Quote:
"the only game in the series where combat really takes the frontseat..." how is that NOT bashing it?”.

Most of Aura’s comments were neither condemning or praising HC directly, but very well convayed his own personal opinion on the game without actually stating it, which he has already said is part of another discussion on another part of the forum.
Quote:
plus he trying to make a point against something i never claimed. i never said the combat is as important as storyline

So what. This is irrelivent.
Quote:
all i said was that it was important (again, i put it behind story&atmosphere) and used as a tool to instill fear and tension

Don’t know why you are telling me, though I’ve already commented on this, saying it is just a feature, not really a necessity. You used the example of Silent Hill 1, I commented on that, remember? This is where this debate started from, in which both me and Aura said you could dodge the monsters in the first game, where you were saying that you had to fight them.
Quote:
and he didn't clarify whether he thought it was a good thing in HC.

I didn't know he had to tell you that; he was just making refrence to prove a point and all ...
Quote:
at no point does he state he doesn't believe the combat in HC is clunky, fails, and is frustrating

Again, I have to ask, why are you saying this? It's completely irrelivent. Also, it's what I was pointing out.


Last edited by Lemex on 27 May 2010, edited 2 times in total.

Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11370
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Aura becomes very sensitive when any opinion differs from her on when it comes to Shattered Memories. Her insecurities are on par with a 13 year old boy with bitch tits.


You're one to talk. You've been throwing insults at me on the forum ever since I turned down your proposal to be your girlfriend on IMs. We're not even talking about Shattered Memories anymore, so shut the fuck up.

Quote:
Aura, you may have said this about HC's combat in other threads, but i dont read every single thread man. and i don't recall you saying that in this thread, until just now. if you would've added "but in HC the combat's actually pretty good." in your first reply to mine, i wouldn't have taken it the wrong way.


Well, you're apparently mixing my paragraph with what you know of me from other threads, thus the "bashing" thing, so :P

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
Skele, despite whatever you thought he was saying, you should have dropped it when he clarified that he wasn't bashing Homecoming. Or when several other members said they don't see how he was bashing Homecoming. When the poster himself says he wasn't bashing Homecoming (and on top of that, recognizes it's combat as a step above) that ends the misconception.

What is the problem here? Why do you find it impossible to let this go? He wasn't bashing Homecoming. He said he wasn't bashing Homecoming. Nobody else thinks it looks like he was bashing Homecoming. What are you so hung up about? It's over. Nobody was bashing Homecoming. This is the stupidest prolonging of an argument I have seen when AT has said countless times he wasn't trying to bash Homecoming. You shouldn't have had to wait for him to clarify that he thought HC's combat was decent, you should have let it go when he told you he wasn't bashing HC. That was the end of it.

NothingLikeSleep. Weren't you warned about being a random douche in this very thread before? Furthermore, you really aren't funny. Your analogies are the only thing on the 13-year-old level here. I'd stop it before I was banned if I were you.


Top
   
 


 Post subject:

aura Is becoming sexully frustrated. And nanynaya or whatever ur gay name is- eat a dick crybaby


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
Oh man, you are so cool. You sure showed me.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? From what I've seen, you're more of a troll than I am.


I like how you failed to elaborate any further. YOU'RE the one getting your panties in a wad when anybody god forbid holds a negative opinion about Shattered Memories as if people "don't get it".

Reading your posts it's become clear that you're quite the fanboy/girl.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 12 Oct 2009
Notes left: 2523
And here I was thinking our 17+ age limit on this forum was supposed to be to keep things mature. Guess not. derp de derp.


Anyway. Skele:

Quote:
people who claim that combat was never important to the series are kidding themselves. just because you never really cared for the combat, doesn't mean it was never important. it was always there as another tool to help instill fear, and add tension. the only game in the series where combat really takes the backseat is in SH2. this is mainly due to the fact that you can literally walk away from a number of the monsters in the game.

anyway, no, this concept isn't a step forward and it was actually something Climax really focused on. i seem to remember Hulett claiming how they were really trying to create this new way to scare SH gamers, by eliminating combat and having the raw shocks. they were trying to go for a more realistic approach, stating most folks if given the option to fight or run, would run. i think for the most part this is true, however it was poorly executed in SM. that, and the raw shocks aren't very creative imo.


I'm having trouble understanding why you think, at least for everyone, that it was used to instill fear. I understand that for you it did so, but for me (and I'm willing to guess many others), the combat wasn't scary: just frustrating. For instance, Silent Hill 1's combat bugs me like no other; not only does it have tank controls, those tank controls make it harder to aim and hit an enemy, and it turns from "HOLY SHIT ENEMY WTF" to "ugggggggh HIT THE GODDAMN THING ALREADY", in my opinion.

I would like to slightly correct what I said earlier. You never outright said it was the most important thing to the series, though you DID somewhat imply it by saying that "it wasn't important" was a statement from people who are kidding themselves. I never felt it was important, myself; it felt like an afterthought from the developers, thinking "Oh. Wait. Video game. We need combat. Riiiight."

_________________
Image
Beyond the Joystick - game reviews, plot recaps, and more
http://beyond-the-joystick.blogspot.com - Also on Tumblr!


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
Quote:
not only does it have tank controls, those tank controls make it harder to aim and hit an enemy, and it turns from "HOLY SHIT ENEMY WTF" to "ugggggggh HIT THE GODDAMN THING ALREADY", in my opinion.


I agree with this, with the melee weapons at least.
That's why I always used the guns. And there was ammo aplenty.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
Shacknasty wrote:
I like how you failed to elaborate any further.


You didn't really elaborate much in your original post either.

Besides, liking something a lot and defending it against opposing opinions is not trolling.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11370
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Shacknasty wrote:
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? From what I've seen, you're more of a troll than I am.


I like how you failed to elaborate any further. YOU'RE the one getting your panties in a wad when anybody god forbid holds a negative opinion about Shattered Memories as if people "don't get it".

Reading your posts it's become clear that you're quite the fanboy/girl.


Nice double standard.

WHY DO I HAVE TO ELABORATE? IT'S MY OPINION, I CAN SHARE IT ON THIS FORUM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Your words, not mine.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
AuraTwilight wrote:
Shacknasty wrote:
Quote:
What the hell are you talking about? From what I've seen, you're more of a troll than I am.


I like how you failed to elaborate any further. YOU'RE the one getting your panties in a wad when anybody god forbid holds a negative opinion about Shattered Memories as if people "don't get it".

Reading your posts it's become clear that you're quite the fanboy/girl.


Nice double standard.

WHY DO I HAVE TO ELABORATE? IT'S MY OPINION, I CAN SHARE IT ON THIS FORUM WHETHER YOU LIKE IT OR NOT.

Your words, not mine.


It's meant to demonstrate YOUR hypocrisy since you whine on and on about how I don't elaborate yet you didn't even do it yourself regarding that subject.

And you still haven't replied to it. Why do you continue dodging it?

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 26 Apr 2009
Notes left: 3216
Shacknasty, you are clearly just trying to start arguments over this. You insult everyone who likes a game you didn't like, refuse to explain why you said so (yelling at everyone that it's your right to not explain), call AT a troll, and then start another huge debate when he in turn points out you are acting more like a troll than anyone.

Nobody minds if you have different or opposing opinions than us. In fact, I personally love it when people have different opinions than me, it makes talking to people on forums more interesting. But you really need to calm down a bit and stop making everything into a drama-filled playground fight. There are better ways to do this.


Top
   
 

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 May 2009
Notes left: 276
NanayaShiki wrote:
Shacknasty, you are clearly just trying to start arguments over this.


Which what Aura is doing him/herself yet you don't say anything regarding that.

Quote:
You insult everyone who likes a game you didn't like


Wrong. I insult people who dwell on fanboyism and refuse to own up to flaws being in their precious game. They all have their flaws and Shattered Memories is no exception regardless of how "brilliant" it is.

Quote:
refuse to explain why you said so


Already did so in a previous topic.

Quote:
(yelling at everyone that it's your right to not explain)


*facepalm* Typing capital letters isn't yelling for God's sake. It's meant to place special emphasis on certain words.

Quote:
call AT a troll


Because AT acts like one by antagonizing anybody who dislikes SM acting as if something is wrong with their viewpoint. That's where fanboyism begins.

Quote:
and then start another huge debate when he in turn points out you are acting more like a troll than anyone.


And I asked why and AT still hasn't explained why yet you say nothing regarding that either...

Quote:
Nobody minds if you have different or opposing opinions than us.


Reading AT posts clearly demonstrates that he/she does.

Quote:
In fact, I personally love it when people have different opinions than me, it makes talking to people on forums more interesting. But you really need to calm down a bit and stop making everything into a drama-filled playground fight. There are better ways to do this.


The ironic thing about this is that posters like AT are the ones making it out to be drama yet you place the blame on me. I'm not the person whining about how I didn't elaborate on why the game is mediocre and not disturbing.

_________________
Look for the ridiculous in everything and you will find it. - Jules Renard


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 04 Oct 2006
Notes left: 465
Quote:
And I asked why and AT still hasn't explained why yet you say nothing regarding that either...


You actually haven't asked him anything.


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 117 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: