I Love My Daddy – Revealing Shattered Memories’ Story

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

jdnation
Historical Society Historian

I Love My Daddy – Revealing Shattered Memories’ Story

Post by jdnation »

New interview here and it really explains some things that some of you are mystified over... and in a way also kind of confirmed some crazy ideas I had where the town is sort of manifesting itself within Cheryl's mind by creating a Harry much like how it created a Maria in SH2. Anyway, great read!
http://site.video-game-central.com/blog ... ies-story/
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Rust pyramid-headed nurses.
lololol. Tomm, I love you.

That was an amazing interview; didn't really confirm any theories, though, or give too much new information.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Honestly, I'm kind of not liking this interview. I'm only in the middle of reading it, but then he said that Dahlia might not actually be Harry's wife and now it just seems like he's trying to play coy.

I DO like hearing some of how the Raw Shocks change.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

He's referencing Construct Dahlia when he said that.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:He's referencing Construct Dahlia when he said that.
... OH. That makes a bit more sense now.
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

Even after the game is released, everything this man says about Shattered Memories and the Silent Hill series makes me smile. I wasn't crazy about Origins, but I really hope this is not the last Silent Hill title that Climax makes, and I hope Tomm takes on this same role for future games (if they are made).
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Damn right. Say what you want about the gameplay, but the sheer...power of this game proved that Climax has earned their place as Team Silent's heirs, as best as that can be applied.
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Indeed, and I liked the gameplay as well. That is saying A LOT, considering I am not really a fan of the Wii at all. But I enjoyed the exploration segments a lot and the idea of the chase sequences (although, having played all three versions, I think the chase sequences are better on the PS2. Less frustration).

I would love to see what they do with a Silent Hill game developed for PS3/360 instead of the Wii.
SilentFantasy
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentFantasy »

So Shattered Memories isn't a turn in a new direction, right? I mean, the cult still exists and all the legends and gods too, right? Because when I played this I thought that everything in the previous games were just a lie. I was disappointed. I guess the UFO ending made me think that, though.
My Mollyanne, due March 15th!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Shattered Memories is an alternate universe from the previous games. They can, and probably will, add games to both universes, or let Shattered Memories stand on it's own and continue the main series. Shattered Memories isn't "taking over."
SilentFantasy
Just Passing Through

Post by SilentFantasy »

AuraTwilight wrote:Shattered Memories is an alternate universe from the previous games. They can, and probably will, add games to both universes, or let Shattered Memories stand on it's own and continue the main series. Shattered Memories isn't "taking over."
Oh okay, thank you. When I first beat it I was in love with it, but also disappointed.
My Mollyanne, due March 15th!
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, continue to be in love with it. This isn't "changing" the previous Silent Hill universe. <3
Sergiy
Hope House Careworker

Post by Sergiy »

Just finished shattered memories, im still under impression,
Very interesting game!

Ive noticed a few changes myself, for example the guilt one....
Now... onto reading the interview, thanks for posting.