"In Reality, they were all ________"

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

"In Reality, they were all ________"

Post by simeonalo »

On numerous walkthroughs, I either get:

You thought it was a trick question!

In reality, they were all sleeping

In reality, they were all dead *deep devilish laughter*

From the 'Which one is dead/alive?' test. My question is, what affects what he says? I know that putting all of them on one side gets one response, but I think that putting more on one side than the other gets the other responses (putting more on 'Sleeping' makes him say the second quote). Can anyone verify this?
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

I'm honestly not sure; I originally put them as all sleeping and got "In reality, they were all dead!", but I've had someone put them all as dead and get sleeping... as well as put a nice spread and get all sleeping or all dead (even when there was more sleeping or dead, respectively).

Is the "trick question" part separate from "in reality, they were all [something]"?
Kassad
Just Passing Through

Post by Kassad »

All the photos had the number 13 in roman numbers, the death card in tarot
[i]Liquidator[/i]
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Well, that explains it.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Whatever side you put the most cards in, he says they were, in all reality, in the minority side. If you put them all on the same side, he suspects you knew it was a trick.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Knick Knack
Gravedigger

Post by Knick Knack »

hahaha, I always wound up with THEY WERE ALL DEAD whenever I played through. Next time, I'll throw most of them on the dead side and SEE WHAT GOES DOWN
Lifetolifeless
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by Lifetolifeless »

I was initially surprised when, upon first playing through, I was informed that the subjects were all dead. But the more I play, the more it feels like a simple exorcise in the illusion of agency for the player. You receive one of two very simple responses regardless of how much time you spend analyzing the images.

Patience is the darkest side of power.
Yiyo-chan
Just Passing Through

Post by Yiyo-chan »

Kassad wrote:All the photos had the number 13 in roman numbers, the death card in tarot

Ok, now THAT is a interesting factor. :shock: Never payed attention to that!
NanayaShiki
SHH Cult & SHHF Moderator

Post by NanayaShiki »

There is only one of them that looks like they are dead to me. So I always get the "They were all sleeping" when I play honestly.
Mace63
Just Passing Through

Post by Mace63 »

I actually remember putting all of them on the sleeping side intentionally, and he didn't say "in reality, they were all dead" nor "You thought it was a trick question?". He said something totally random but I can't remember now.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

I usually divie the cards up and put one card more on the sleeping side than the dead side and I always get "In reality, they were all sleeping."
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Impossible. It always says it's the opposite of the one you put the majority in.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NanayaShiki

Post by NanayaShiki »

Definitely not true. I have put more on sleeping and gotten "they were all sleeping".
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

NanayaShiki wrote:Definitely not true. I have put more on sleeping and gotten "they were all sleeping".
I may be mistaken, but I want to say I have experienced this as well.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Huh. That's really weird then, because I've never gotten that in any playthrough, nor have I seen it in any Let's Play or Walkthrough people have put on line. :l I wonder what causes the difference?

Damn, this game is going to drive me nuts for years.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The same for me.
NightlyOne
Just Passing Through

Post by NightlyOne »

I've only played through the game twice for the moment, but both times, I got "They were all sleeping." The first time, I had most of 'em under "Dead", but the second time I decided to do "Sleeping".

So yeah, there's definitely something working underneath it besides which category you put the most/least pictures under.
emFox
Just Passing Through

Post by emFox »

I don't think things are nearly as cut-and-dry simple as people make it out to be in playthroughs and walkthroughs.

I've gotten all three before, but I'm more likely to get Kaufman saying, "In reality, they were all sleeping." I felt a little unsettled when his response changed the second playthrough.
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Do the pictures change at all, fellas?
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

No. The content of the psychological tests never change.