heres something, (spoilers)

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Re: heres something, (spoilers)

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

If you cant take my word for it, then why dont you read Tomm Hullett's interview on Sh:SM after it was released, he states exactly what i have mentioned above...it's not necessarily a retcon, rather a what-if scenario if the bad ending of SH1 ended up being the real ending...
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Post by Yuki »

PoemOfTheLastMoment wrote:If you cant take my word for it, then why dont you read Tomm Hullett's interview on Sh:SM after it was released, he states exactly what i have mentioned above...it's not necessarily a retcon, rather a what-if scenario if the bad ending of SH1 ended up being the real ending...
I know full well he said it, but unfortunately for him--and this is one of the few times I absolutely disagree with a creator--it doesn't work. That interview read more to me like it was a "what-if on if Harry died" moreso than "LOL THIS DEFINITELY CONNECTS".
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I don't want to take sides (especially when it involves Shattered Memories, because I know so little about it compared to most of you) but there's a difference between a creator saying "what if" and saying "makes perfect sense." "Makes perfect sense" sounds pretty absolute to me.

Shattered Memories merely implies that Cheryl is their biological daughter, too. There's nothing I saw in SM that outright stated "Dahlia gave birth to this girl, OMG. For realz."
I know that's *not necessarily* the direction they were meaning the entire time, but it's something to consider.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Well, there is the whole fact that Cheryl resembles both of her parents. You know.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Seriously? That's subjective.
They never outright state/say it anywhere, do they?
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Yuki

Post by Yuki »

They don't state it, but they quite heavily imply it, and Cheryl looks damn near identical to Dahlia at times... plus, since this is a reimagining of Silent Hill 1 in which Cheryl being adopted is a MAJOR plot point, don't you think they would mention it? And don't you think Kaufmann would bring up the fact that Harry isn't her biological father?
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

I personally don't think so, but I've got odd feelings about family units. So I'm unreliable on that front.
It's possible that if she were adopted, Harry and Dahlia may have never told her about it. Depending on which ending you get, it seems like they're a rather dysfunctional family to me.

AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Cheryl looking like her parents isn't subjective. You don't know what that term means.

She has Harry's hair and eye color, and Dahlia's face. To say she's adopted in spite of this, when the game drops absolutely zero hints about adoption, is not only absurd, but comparable to fanfic-writing. You might as well say Dahlia is a robot.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Video Gamer
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Video Gamer »

Not to mention having Cheryl be adopted completely ruins the themes of the game.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

AuraTwilight wrote:Cheryl looking like her parents isn't subjective. You don't know what that term means.

She has Harry's hair and eye color, and Dahlia's face. To say she's adopted in spite of this, when the game drops absolutely zero hints about adoption, is not only absurd, but comparable to fanfic-writing. You might as well say Dahlia is a robot.
I thought Maria was the robot?