Would you like Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Move?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Would you like Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Mov

Post by DistantJ »

Typographenia wrote:I also don't really see a silent hill collection happening, but we got the team ico one so...
Konami already expressed interest in creating one an interview. It's pretty inevitable the way these HD collections are going if you ask me.

And what's the harm in letting them know we want it?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
Typographenia
Historical Society Historian

Post by Typographenia »

Well, there isn't any harm, but it's just not the most reasonable thing for them to do.

-It is still a very new title, and the collections tend to focus on somewhat older games
-The demand, in general, would be much more in favor of 1/2/3 or 2/3/4 since they're the "real" silent hill games and demand is far greater for those titles

And I don't see us getting four or more games in one convenient package. Konami =/= Valve
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

They could do 2 collections:
1/2/3
4/Origins/Shattered Memories

Homecoming wouldn't need an upgrade since it's already a game for the current generation of consoles.
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I would prefer they package the original 4 and package origins and shattered memories together. I don't really want to have to buy origins and shattered memories to get sh4.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I doubt it'll be any of these. I would imagine it'd be 2/3/4 because 1 is on PSN and 0rigins and Shattered Memories are on PSP and it'd potentially cripple the sales of those to 'Sony-followers', also not forgetting that these are collections of PS2 games, not PS1/Wii/PSP games. It'd either be 2/3/4 or 2/3/4/0 since Origins got a popular PS2 port. SM got a PS2 port too but I figure it's the least likely because, as people say, it's quite recent (At the same time though Nintendo put out Metroid Prime Trilogy when Prime 3 was still relatively new on the market).

But it'd be silly to expect the collection to include SH1, or to not include SH4.

Hell, I'd *love* SH4 in HD. That's the one I'd like to see the most.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
thy_butcher
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by thy_butcher »

I would love a well-polished port of SM for PS3 that utilizes the PS Move. I am very interested in SM, but since I own a PS3 (And the Move) I haven't been able to play it. It seems like a perfect fit to me. I hope they seize the opportunity...
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

SPRINGS02 wrote:I would prefer they package the original 4 and package origins and shattered memories together. I don't really want to have to buy origins and shattered memories to get sh4.
This would make the most sense. After all, I could do without having Orig./SM even being a package, though it would be nice. We'd be lucky to just get the first three together, or just...SH2... *daydreams*
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by ww_andi »

i would love to have sm ported to the move whether or not it is hd i dont think it matters

also it is more likly they would use the same graphics from the wii
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

With all the Wii games getting up-ports and sequels on PS Move, the more I think about it, the more I'd like this port. I think it's a game which could really benefit from a graphical upgrade.

Also, the PS Move's light orb changes colour a lot in some games, it'd be kinda cool if it turned blue in the ice nightmares - would spread the atmosphere out into the room if playing in the dark.
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

I would only approve if they added extra scenarios; gave us more psychological testing; more differentiation in the Raw Shocks; more endings; etc., etc.

What's the point of doing the same thing in HD? do something MORE in HD and I'll be looking forward to it.
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
Doctor Eggnog
Subway Guard

Post by Doctor Eggnog »

The collection I would want would be 1/2/3. I don't really care if 1 is on PSN, I like it considerably better than 4 so naturally I would want it to recieve more attention. Besides, I would much more love seeing those charming ps1 graphics on an HDTV than the ones from 4.

Be nice to have some developer interviews and stuff too, but really I would just want to see the graphics working well. SH2 and 3 don't look good at all on my HDTV with a ps2. SH2 is really blurry and annoying (though the sound quality was great) and SH3 is extemely dark.
Socially Awkward Penguin is my hero.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

The collection I would want is 1, 2, 3, and 4. That's the entirety of the Silent Hill series for me.

Put me also in the camp of people who would like to see an actual remake of SH1 using better graphics, rather than another version of SM.

Oh, and isn't the Wii the most popular console this generation by far? As far as I know, it's hardly dying in popularity, I believe it's still easily outselling both the PS3 and that other system. Although I think PS3 might be catching up a little bit.