Would you like Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Move?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Would you like Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Move?

Post by DistantJ »

Would anybody else be interested in this?

I love this game, I mean it's possibly my favourite game ever made, but the Wii is slowly but surely sinking into obscurity I feel, we may be seeing their next console soon... And HD seems to have finally become global, as well as Blu-Ray starting to take hold. Now that PlayStation Move is out, the Wii doesn't really seem to have much of an advantage...

So this leads me to imagine how brilliant it would be to see the amazingly crafted world of Shattered Memories in High Definition. Is anybody else interested in this? I also feel that it'd be nice to let non-Wii-owners experience this amazing game.

If this sparks enough interest it might be worth writing to Konami or Climax on behalf of a load of us at the forums about it, see if they'll do it for us. If not, well, it could be interesting discussion.

So what do you guys think?
Last edited by DistantJ on 22 Sep 2010, edited 2 times in total.
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
SPRINGS02
Historical Society Historian
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Re: Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Move

Post by SPRINGS02 »

The title of this thread is kind of deceiving. I wouldn't mind if they made an hd version of shattered memories for ps3 but i would much rather see them focus all of their time and energy on the upcoming silent hill game. Oh yeah, the title of this thread's kind of deceiving.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Want me to change it?
Where we're from, the birds sing a pretty song, and there's always music in the air.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

I think it would be a good idea, you might end up getting people's hopes up for shattered memories coming to playstation move. I know that's what i thought when i read the thread title.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

Here I go thinking that we have SM for PSMove, but no.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Re: Would you buy Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Move

Post by DistantJ »

Changed the thread title.

But seriously, if you guys like the idea maybe we should request this from Konami or Climax? I mean they've listened to us before...
SPRINGS02

Re: Would you like Shattered Memories HD for PlayStation Mov

Post by SPRINGS02 »

^I don't think it would work, i mean it would be a lot of work for them to get it onto playstation move with hd graphics, plus they're working on sh8. I'd rather them just keep focusing all they're effort on sh8. Off course I wouldn't mind it for the move, i just don't see the point. Plus i'd rather see sh1 actually redone(not re-imagined) with current gen graphics.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

SPRINGS02 wrote: Plus i'd rather see sh1 actually redone(not re-imagined) with current gen graphics.
THANK YOU.

Also, what was wrong with the PS2 graphics for Shattered Memories? (Not hating..I just thought they were pretty good.)

EDIT: Yeah, HD is always better, though.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

I love Sony but honestly the PS Move seems like such a huge rip-off. An expensive rip-off.

As for the Wii dying, that always happens with consoles. They either start strong then end with a whimper or have a dismal release and start kicking ass near the end of the generation era. I remember when the PS2 began it was so successful it killed the Dreamcast. Then towards the end of it's run the Xbox, which had a weak start, seemed to be the big console. Then when PS3 was released it wasn't doing too well, now it's the best console of the three.

Well, since I can't do anything about Sony copying the Wii and charging more for it, then sure, release SM on the Move, why not...
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

Yeah, but the entire video game industry is based around copying. I mean should the N64/Saturn (not sure which was first) be the only console with an analog stick? Should Mario be the only game series with an independently controllable camera? Should only Nintendo consoles have D-pads and rumble? Should Atari be the only home console manufacturers? Should SEGA be the only ones to use compact disk media? Should Nintendo make the only handhelds? Nintendo invented a new kind of gaming, now the new kind of gaming is evolving and being subscribed to by others, I mean this was to be expected.

I just want to see the game in high resolution, the same as I like to see my favourite movies on Blu-Ray.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I will never buy the move or the kinect, but I think it would be fantastic to have it on the move. The wider exposure the better, for the series!

Well, I might buy move/shmove if there was a substantial graphical overhaul...
I'm not really that superficial, I swear!
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

DistantJ wrote:Yeah, but the entire video game industry is based around copying. I mean should the N64/Saturn (not sure which was first) be the only console with an analog stick? Should Mario be the only game series with an independently controllable camera? Should only Nintendo consoles have D-pads and rumble? Should Atari be the only home console manufacturers? Should SEGA be the only ones to use compact disk media? Should Nintendo make the only handhelds? Nintendo invented a new kind of gaming, now the new kind of gaming is evolving and being subscribed to by others, I mean this was to be expected.

I just want to see the game in high resolution, the same as I like to see my favourite movies on Blu-Ray.

Yeah, you're right. I just don't like every console trying to be the exact same, you know? Let the Wii be the console with motion controls for casual gamers, the PS3 have better visuals for hardcore gamers, and the 360 be a mix of both. I don't mind 360 Kinect so much (and I'm a PS3/Wii gamer) because it looks like something new while the Move controller looks just like a Wii remote.

But anyways, enough of my rant. As for Shattered Memories, Silent Hill began with Sony and has always stuck by them, so it's safe to say a lot of SH fans don't have a Wii. So when SM came out for Wii it must've sucked for a lot of fans. I'm sure it was great on the PSP and PS2 but the game was made for motion controls. I know SH fans who don't have a Wii would love it on the PS Move.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

What's up with this "casual" vs. "hardcore" gaming scheme? Non of that is even true, it never came into existence until the current gen of game consoles came out. There's no such thing, you can't classify "gamers".

As somebody said in another thread, the whole industry is based off of copying.

Kinect = Eye Toy
Move = Wii Remote / Eye Toy 2.0
PSP2 (3D) = 3DS
etc.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

Meh, I dunno. The Wii was all about easy-to-play party games. While the PS3 has more movie-based games. They were different, and that's a good thing IMO. Of course there are always excpetions, but there's more Wii Sports/fit/play/resort then there are story-driven games on the Wii.

I'm just saying the Wii was made for casual gamers where you could jump in and play something simple, that's how it was advertised. While the PS3 gets you involved in the game's story and looks good doing it. Know what I mean dude?

Also, it's lame how everything that's been copied has been copied from Nintendo. Hey, my PS3 is my pride and joy, I'm just sayin.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I wouldn't say it's "casual" as much as it is "accessible."

Many, if not most, games on the wii are using the exact method of interaction within the game as games currently on pc/360/ps3, but we're seeing a large number using them in a very simplified way. I'm not trying to debate the ratio "hardcore" versus "casual" titles on any given platform, but I think it would be wrong to think that they are really as different as most fanboys would have you believe.

And you're not going to say that all these tons of current, mediocre titles on the 360/ps3 aren't a product of gears of war, call of duty, halo, and uncharted? : P

It's much more presentation and accessibility than the actual content itself.

I would be interested to see how a silent hill on the 3DS would fare. I'm avidly against the introduction of 3D technology to my television, computer, and gaming consoles. I hate it, hate it, hate it, but I would be curious to see the approach to how they would develop around such a gimmick.
Hexagram
Just Passing Through

Post by Hexagram »

Yeah, the 3D fad is also driving me a little nuts. Mostly because films are now relying on 3D instead of enhancing the experience. I liked Avatar and I liked a few CGI kids movies I saw with my little cousins like Monster House and Despicable Me. But because of Avatar's success and record breaking gross income, Hollywood will pump out crappy movies that rely on 3D well past the point where we're sick of it.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

I'm already sick of 3D. It was fun at first, and I enjoy it as a gimmick when stuff flies out of the screen at you, floats past you etc. but now they're just shooting everything in 3D for the sake of it and it's having no real positive effect on the film except for raising the ticket price, and I'm sick of the glasses, the flicker, the eye-strain, I miss being comfortable during a movie. A friend of mine said his prediction was, start 3D, raise ticket prices, wait a while, stop doing 3D, keep ticket prices raised, haha, probably true.
Hexagram wrote:Meh, I dunno. The Wii was all about easy-to-play party games. While the PS3 has more movie-based games. They were different, and that's a good thing IMO. Of course there are always excpetions, but there's more Wii Sports/fit/play/resort then there are story-driven games on the Wii.

I'm just saying the Wii was made for casual gamers where you could jump in and play something simple, that's how it was advertised. While the PS3 gets you involved in the game's story and looks good doing it. Know what I mean dude?

Also, it's lame how everything that's been copied has been copied from Nintendo. Hey, my PS3 is my pride and joy, I'm just sayin.
Yeah I know what you're saying, and about consoles trying to be the same too, but see I'm kinda the opposite, I'd like them to be as close as possible, and I'd love to see the tradition of 'exclusives' eventually die out (I hate it when I play a great game, and none of my friends can experience it because it's not on the system they chose!), because gaming as a medium needs to shed this childish competitive edge if it's to continue to expand and be seen as a potential art form. Especially with Microsoft's 'here's a wad of money, please only mention 'On Xbox 360' in your ad so people don't realise it's on the others" etc., I mean could you imagine if certain movies were only available for a Panasonic DVD player, and some only for a Samsung one? It actually came close to that with the HD-DVD vs. Blu-Ray wars...

Anyway the PS3 aims to be this all-in-one home entertainment system, with games, blu-ray, internet, catchup TV, movie rental etc., so I guess PS Move in a way is adding another feature under it's belt for this - saying "hey, families, you thinking of going HD? This'll do *everything* in HD for you, even those Wii games you play together."

I'm glad to see motion control expanding, really. It was a great innovation by Nintendo and I loved the Wii but 2001 graphics technology in 480p in a system which can't be firmware-updated can only stand up for so long.

Also, I find it absolutely hilarious the way so many people ranted about how the Wii was "a fad" but are in love with the idea now that their console manufacturer are doing it.
DistantJ
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by DistantJ »

A thought... These HD collections coming out on PS3, no doubt Konami will probably do a Silent Hill one, perhaps we should let them know we'd like Shattered Memories to be a part of it?
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

I don't see it happening, regardless of asking.

If they were to do a collection it would be of the first three titles or 2/3/4. They will probably go with the older games that the majority of the gaming community holds in such high esteem, and shattered memories hasn't even been out a year yet. I would love a hd version, but I really don't see it happening. I also don't really see a silent hill collection happening, but we got the team ico one so...
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Agreed. I personally thought it would be better if we had a re-release of Shattered Memories (like 2 had Restless Dreams) but that's not really in the cards either. They are busy with the new projects.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128