Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 19 Sep 2014




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Jan 2010
Notes left: 791
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
* students mocking Cheryl for sleeping with a profesor- kids mocking Alessa for being a witch

Reference.

Maybe Mikefile is confusing SH1 for the film. I remember the film having the word 'witch' repeatedly scratched into the surface of Alessa's desk. Likewise, in the game, Alessa's desk has scratchings, but the ones Harry reads out are, "Go home, drop dead, thief." if I remember correctly.

_________________
The above post, unless otherwise stated, should only be taken as personal opinion.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up ... wake up and smell the ashes."
"Sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1537
Last seen at: Right behind you
helldescent wrote:
There's no exact reference that cheryl slept with the professor, but there is an intimate photograph with what looks like them hugging ( could be just them shielding their faces from the camera flash )
It is a fact that kids were mocking cheryl for the closeness with the teacher.
here:
http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh_sh ... ges_en.htm
That's proof

He was saying that it IS a reference, not asking for a reference.

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
There's no exact reference that cheryl slept with the professor, but there is an intimate photograph with what looks like them hugging ( could be just them shielding their faces from the camera flash )
It is a fact that kids were mocking cheryl for the closeness with the teacher.
here:
http://www.silenthillmemories.net/sh_sh ... ges_en.htm
That's proof


I was saying it was a reference to Silent Hill 1's characterization of Alessa as a target for bullying.

Quote:
Maybe Mikefile is confusing SH1 for the film. I remember the film having the word 'witch' repeatedly scratched into the surface of Alessa's desk. Likewise, in the game, Alessa's desk has scratchings, but the ones Harry reads out are, "Go home, drop dead, thief." if I remember correctly.


Maybe, but it's really all the same, isn't it? "Alessa got bullied/Cheryl got bullied = attempt at continuity, right?"

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 03 Jan 2010
Notes left: 791
^I really don't understand why people try to put them into the same continuity - it generates too many plotholes doing so. It's like that phrase, I can't remember exactly but I think it's Occam's Razor, "if there's multiple explanations then the simplest explanation consistent with all evidence available is usually the truth". Having said that, I do like the fact that there appear to be echoes of SH1 in SM, such as the school bullying, Lisa Garland, Toluca Mall & The Mall from SH3 & the Town Centre from SH1, Kaufmann being instrumental in dealing with the problem,... But that's all they are to me, echoes, reminders, homages.

_________________
The above post, unless otherwise stated, should only be taken as personal opinion.
"The right man in the wrong place can make all the difference in the world. So wake up ... wake up and smell the ashes."
"Sometimes... the truth isn't good enough. Sometimes people deserve more. Sometimes people deserve to have their faith rewarded."


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
^some of those little homages were cute, weren't they?
Even if it was a complete reimagining, and wasn't in the same canon, it was still nice for the fans.

I'm not sure how I feel about the game overall, but those little homages were very nice.

_________________
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
Quote:
Cheryl in SHSM- same appearence as in SH1 and Sh3

AuraTwilight wrote:
Well, except hair color, and facial structure, and such.

I'm not sure if you knew this.. but SH1 is made in 1999, and SHSM in 2009. Unless I'm crazy the difference is ten years. I'm talking about an appearence in theory, of course it's different in graphics and productions; but the girl from SH1 is the same character as the one from SHSM (I'm talking about 6 year'old Cheryl). While for the older's Cheryl, you can't deny her appearence, same as in SH3.

Quote:
* Kaufman, a doctor that tries to reppeal Cheryl's fantasyses- Kaufman, a doctor that tries to reppeal God from Alessa's womb

AuraTwilight wrote:
Except one is his job and is a normal part of Not Being An Asshole, and the other is some selfishly motivated, only incidentally good action using hollywood voodoo all for the sake of getting back to drug pedalling and fucking nurses.



Kaufman from SHSM is a good character, tryin' to help Cheryl. Cheryl is the one that doesn't want help so she sees him as: "selfishly motivated, only incidentally good action using hollywood voodoo all for the sake of getting back to drug pedalling and fucking nurses"
And the "fucking nurses" brings the matter of SHO, so you're hurting now your argument of "different universes".

Quote:
* Dahlia, Cheryl' mother with same intentions as Dr.K's + hated by her daughter- Dahlia, a mother, a cult member, also hated by her daughter
AuraTwilight wrote:
Alessa does not hate Dahlia. She loves her to a fault, otherwise SH1 would've never happened.


I don't really understand why do you persistantly force this matter of Alessa loving Dahlia. She doesn't love Dahlia. She hates her guts. She blames her for Harry's death. Even Kaufman sais it: " You have a mother that loves you, she's not the monster you're making her out to be". .. even Kaufman sais it. Dahlia's figure in SHSM is a demonization of her mother.

Quote:
* Locations in SHSM (mall, Midwich, Balkan church/nightlub, Alchelmilla hospital, etc..)- same as in SH1
* Midwitch High school- Midwich school
AuraTwilight wrote:
This is called mythology reference. Infact, if anything, this hurts your argument since they're not actually the same places.


Forgive me if the dash (/) confused you. In SH1 it was the Balkan Church, in SHSM the Balkan Nightclub. In SHSM it was the Midwitch Highschool, in SH1 Midwitch elementary school. The locations in fact are the same, just with different contents.

Quote:
* Lisa, a nurse that nurtures Cheryl+ self medication may cause hallucinations- Lisa, a nurse that nurtures Alessa, freaked out because she sees her world and hatred


AuraTwilight wrote:
"Self medication may cause hallucinations?" That's pulled out of your ass, Lisa just dies hardcore.


Thanks. But your line here: "Lisa just dies hardcore" says everything. AuraTwilight, in Silent Hill there are no things such as JUST a something..
"Lisa just dies hardcore". No more comment.

Quote:
* People trying to help Cheryl- the Order* rejecting the truth- preventing the birth of God
AuraTwilight wrote:
This doesn't work. You've already compared God to the fantasies of Cheryl's that need to be destroyed, and the Order were people trying to give birth to God, so...


Correction: I never compared God to her fantasies. I compared The Birth of God to the acceptance of the truth. Two different things here, eh.. Cheryl is the one who wants to prevent God, prevent the truth.

Quote:
These banal examples, that I even didn't have to mention, didn't seem to me like nodds. I doubt that the developers put them there as nodds to the original game. To me they seem more like connections.
AuraTwilight wrote:
The thing is, none of these things actually establish a connection in continuity. They're just symbolic of a past game to drive home the "Reimagining" thing. I mean, unless you want to argue Silent Hill is a sequel to Carrie, this argument is just dumb.


"They're just symbolic.. "- "JUST" symbolic. I rest my case

Quote:
We are all trying to develop theories, not establish them. To develop a theory we don't always have all the 100% true facts, we use what we have; it doesn't mean we are cheapening everything envolved. If I was, like you said, "cheapening everything involved", then all the theories that are not a 100% true are, as you say: "cheapened".


AuraTwilight wrote:
You're arguing that two or more entire Silent Hill games never even happened and are thus emotionally drained of any significance to the player and storyline.


I never said that the two games never happened. They happened, but in Cheryl's mind. In her mind we get the mental projection, not the physical. An example I already mentioned is the one from the mall, in SH3 she kills some monsters and takes some stuff: moonstone, etc.. In SHSM they showed us that she stole some stuff and stabbed Malcolm. So that doesn't mean the actions in the two games never happened, they are just: shattered.

Shadow wrote:
Maybe Mikefile is confusing SH1 for the film. I remember the film having the word 'witch' repeatedly scratched into the surface of Alessa's desk. Likewise, in the game, Alessa's desk has scratchings, but the ones Harry reads out are, "Go home, drop dead, thief." if I remember correctly.


And no, mike file didn't confuse SH1 for the film. And I'm pretty sure that in SH1 Alessa was called a witch among other things. The witch thing was adopted by the dum hollywood producer. I was never implying that the movie was the same universe.
(JUST MY OPINION)

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
I'm not sure if you knew this.. but SH1 is made in 1999, and SHSM in 2009. Unless I'm crazy the difference is ten years. I'm talking about an appearence in theory, of course it's different in graphics and productions; but the girl from SH1 is the same character as the one from SHSM (I'm talking about 6 year'old Cheryl). While for the older's Cheryl, you can't deny her appearence, same as in SH3.


It doesn't change that Heather and SM Cheryl have different natural hair colors, eye colors...you can't blame this on technology.

Quote:
Kaufman from SHSM is a good character, tryin' to help Cheryl. Cheryl is the one that doesn't want help so she sees him as: "selfishly motivated, only incidentally good action using hollywood voodoo all for the sake of getting back to drug pedalling and fucking nurses"
And the "fucking nurses" brings the matter of SHO, so you're hurting now your argument of "different universes".


SHO Kauffman and SH1 Kauffman are the same guy; how am I hurting my argument?

Besides, at the beginning of the game, Cheryl's meeting Kauffman for the very first time, and at the end of the game, after that singular session, she's let go of her delusion and has no reason to demonize Kauffman in the future. She got his entire appearance wrong, anyway, I mean what the shit?

Quote:
I don't really understand why do you persistantly force this matter of Alessa loving Dahlia. She doesn't love Dahlia. She hates her guts. She blames her for Harry's death. Even Kaufman sais it: " You have a mother that loves you, she's not the monster you're making her out to be". .. even Kaufman sais it. Dahlia's figure in SHSM is a demonization of her mother.


I wasn't talking about Cheryl, I was talking about ALESSA. Alessa loves her mother. "Oh Mommy, I just want to be with you..."

Throughout the entirety of SH1 and it's backstory, Alessa goes along with things she knows are morally wrong for her mother's love and affection, and even after her burning, doesn't kill or hurt Dahlia as she is fully and totally capable of doing. If Alessa wanted to hurt Dahlia once she entered the Otherworld, Dahlia would be boned up the ass.

Quote:
Forgive me if the dash (/) confused you. In SH1 it was the Balkan Church, in SHSM the Balkan Nightclub. In SHSM it was the Midwitch Highschool, in SH1 Midwitch elementary school. The locations in fact are the same, just with different contents.


They're also on different streets and are literally different buildings. All they share are names. It's just a mythology nod. You know, that "reimagining" thing?

Quote:
Thanks. But your line here: "Lisa just dies hardcore" says everything. AuraTwilight, in Silent Hill there are no things such as JUST a something..
"Lisa just dies hardcore". No more comment.


Do you really need to be so dickish and rude about it? Grow up, if you have to resort to such tactics when I argue against your theory.

Quote:
Correction: I never compared God to her fantasies. I compared The Birth of God to the acceptance of the truth. Two different things here, eh.. Cheryl is the one who wants to prevent God, prevent the truth.


You compared, earlier, Kauffman's shaking her into reality with his attempted abortion attempt in SH1. Kauffman also wanted to prevent God in SH1; your analogy doesn't work here, it's incongruous.

Quote:
"They're just symbolic.. "- "JUST" symbolic. I rest my case


Rule of Symbolism does not work that way. If we treat every reference to other games as a continuity connection, then that means that Laura's parents tried to fry her over a stove, as she was named after a novel character who was abused by her parents.

Quote:
I never said that the two games never happened. They happened, but in Cheryl's mind. In her mind we get the mental projection, not the physical. An example I already mentioned is the one from the mall, in SH3 she kills some monsters and takes some stuff: moonstone, etc.. In SHSM they showed us that she stole some stuff and stabbed Malcolm. So that doesn't mean the actions in the two games never happened, they are just: shattered.


If you're going to argue that the first two games happened in Cheryl's mind before her counselling with Kauffman, then you're also arguing that she's psychic and can see into the future, as she includes people in her delusions that she's never even met before. That's stupid.

Quote:
And I'm pretty sure that in SH1 Alessa was called a witch among other things.


She's not.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
AuraTwilight wrote:
It doesn't change that Heather and SM Cheryl have different natural hair colors, eye colors...you can't blame this on technology.

Cheryl from SHSM and Cheryl from SH1 are the same character. She could have dyed her hair colour a thousand of times before the session with K.

AuraTwilight wrote:
SHO Kauffman and SH1 Kauffman are the same guy; how am I hurting my argument?
.
AuraTwilight wrote:
"selfishly motivated, only incidentally good action using hollywood voodoo all for the sake of getting back to drug pedalling and fucking nurses"

The "fucking nurses" thing is not mentioned in SH1, you pulled that out from SHO when Travis sees and hears Lisa and K in the motel room.

AuraTwilight wrote:
I was talking about ALESSA. Alessa loves her mother

Now it's you that's maybe confusing the game with the movie. The line from the movie: "A mother is a God in the eyes of her child."
And the one from SH1- "Oh Mommy, I just want to be with you..." that was before Alessa was burnt.

AuraTwilight wrote:
If Alessa wanted to hurt Dahlia once she entered the Otherworld, Dahlia would be boned up the ass.

At the end of SH1 the Incubator fries Dahlia, remember?

AuraTwilight wrote:
They're also on different streets and are literally different buildings.

Again, the town of Silent Hill from SH1 is 18 years older than the one from SHSM.

AuraTwilight wrote:
Do you really need to be so dickish and rude about it?

Forgive me for insulting you, I was just carried in the moment..

AuraTwilight wrote:
That's pulled out of your ass, Lisa just dies hardcore

.. But then, I'm not sure that I'm the only "dickish and rude" here.

AuraTwilight wrote:
after that singular session
.
How do you know it's a singular session?

AuraTwilight wrote:
Kauffman also wanted to prevent God in SH1

His intention was not to prevent God, he was pissed because Dahlia screwed him. By throwing the vial of Aphlagotis he causes the premature birth of God.

AuraTwilight wrote:
Rule of Symbolism does not work that way. If we treat every reference to other games as a continuity connection, then that means that Laura's parents tried to fry her over a stove, as she was named after a novel character who was abused by her parents.


I was not treating every reference to other games. I'm treating just the obvlious references. And don't pull the other games now in this argument. SH1, SH3 and SHSM are the ones in the game here.

AuraTwilight wrote:
If you're going to argue that the first two games happened in Cheryl's mind before her counselling with Kauffman, then you're also arguing that she's psychic and can see into the future, as she includes people in her delusions that she's never even met before.


How do you know that in the first two games she hasn't already met Kaufman. Maybe you're implying the line of the secretary: "Your new patient is here." But now you're pulling again the argument of singular session. It doesn't make sense

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
Silent Hill Shattered Memories is confirmed to be in an alternate universe. You can pull up a lot of good evidence for saying it's the Bad ending, but no. Different universe. Confirmed.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
Bad ending?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Cheryl from SHSM and Cheryl from SH1 are the same character. She could have dyed her hair colour a thousand of times before the session with K.


Her hair is brown even when she's seven years old. She has no roots showing. Her father's hair is brown too. And before you argue anything else, Heather says her natural hair color is black.

Quote:
The "fucking nurses" thing is not mentioned in SH1, you pulled that out from SHO when Travis sees and hears Lisa and K in the motel room.


SH0 is in continuity with SH1, so it doesn't really matter; it's still not true, though. It was heavily implied that Kauffman and Lisa were having an affair for drugs before SH0 even came out; people certainly speculated it atleast, so I was mainly referencing the meme.

Quote:
Now it's you that's maybe confusing the game with the movie. The line from the movie: "A mother is a God in the eyes of her child."
And the one from SH1- "Oh Mommy, I just want to be with you..." that was before Alessa was burnt.


Alessa still loves her mother even after she's being burned. It's why she does nothing to harm or stop her beyond hiding herself and trying to commit suicide. She does not lift a finger against Dahlia. Feelings for your mother don't just evaporate because you're horribly abused. The abused usually keep loving their abuser, and this is why they only see suicide as an escape, unless they think they deserve it. Don't you get it? It's about child abuse, but with demons and shit.

Quote:
At the end of SH1 the Incubator fries Dahlia, remember?


Yea, but the Incubator isn't Alessa, so who cares?

Quote:
Again, the town of Silent Hill from SH1 is 18 years older than the one from SHSM.


Yea, but they generally match up with the memories of a Harry from 18 years ago, so it can't be THAT different. That, and Harry and Cheryl didn't live in Silent Hill in SH1, so...?

Either way, not the same place. The two towns have different histories, and possibly even locations, as there's suggestions that SM Silent Hill could be located as far over as California.

Quote:
.. But then, I'm not sure that I'm the only "dickish and rude" here.


"pulled out of your ass", AKA a "baseless statement", which is what you did. Deal with it.

Quote:
How do you know it's a singular session?


Because every reference to time implies it to be such. Look at the light coming in through Kauffman's window. Compare his dialogue. His emotional intensity doesn't suggest several sessions over a longer period of time, it suggests one intense session where he gets frustrasted with her at the end. Not to mention we see Cheryl getting picked up by Dahlia in some versions of the ending, so it has a nice bookend thing.

Besides, what would multiple sessions add to the story? Does SM's story get "paused" so Cheryl can think up other crazy delusions in her mind that blatantly contradict her worldview that she just decides not to share with Kauffman, or something?

Quote:
His intention was not to prevent God, he was pissed because Dahlia screwed him. By throwing the vial of Aphlagotis he causes the premature birth of God.


And how was he screwed? This God thing wasn't going to help him in any way. Like Vincent, it would make things inconvenient for him. He threw the Aglaophotis, attempting to abort God like those little parasites in people's backs. The premature birth of God surprises him, meaning he didn't expect it. He was fully intending to destroy God. This is a fact.

Quote:
I was not treating every reference to other games. I'm treating just the obvlious references. And don't pull the other games now in this argument. SH1, SH3 and SHSM are the ones in the game here.


I'm just explaining why you're being fallacious here. The game never tries to imply that any of the original games "never happened" or are "imaginary", it's just drawing thematic parallels. The whole point of the game is to draw up both nostalgia and confusion by twisting what we know and expect, but as Tomm said, "this game doesn't change anything about the original games."

Quote:
How do you know that in the first two games she hasn't already met Kaufman. Maybe you're implying the line of the secretary: "Your new patient is here." But now you're pulling again the argument of singular session. It doesn't make sense


Kauffman introduces himself to Cheryl at the beginning of the game. You argued earlier that she deluded up SH1 and SH3 before SM even started. The fact that you have to keep changing your argument to make it work against my counterpoints isn't a good sign for it's validity.

And yes, it does make sense. There's no break in narrative that allows for there to be multiple sessions; the entire session would only take one day, and it's not uncommon for clinics to hold patients for a 9-to-5 day.

I mean, what do these sessions contain, to make them last so long in so many chunks? All they're doing is letting Cheryl talk, then he talks to her or has her do an exercise, then she continues talking again.

That, and the ending even has the line of "Should have the patient return for another session." Not "more sessions." Considering this line exists to make the player replay the game for the other content...Well...

Quote:
Bad ending?


Doesn't work, either.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
So, I agree and understand most of the statements, there are good based statistics which imply that the games are separate. I'm now 70% convinced.. Not to go on quoting ambiguities of mine about them for an infinity of times.. i'll just say I'm ok for now. But honestly..now, when looking from that perspective it makes me feel disappointed about it. I always thought and will think that there is something else behind the monsters, the cult, spells, monsters..etc, but maybe not in SHSM.. Well, as much as we now know they may think os something brand new that will collapse everything we know. And for the record, even if it may seem earlier I was a bit hostile, I wasn't.. I wasn't trying to prove anything, just trying to understand better the facts concerning SH as better as possible.

Ps.:
mikefile wrote:
Bad ending?


It was a surprise expression, to simeonalo because i never mentioned the bad ending theory, and honestly, never really understood it.

But, in fact, I changed my mind now, the devil won't leave me alone if i don't make some quotes...
AuraTwilight wrote:
Alessa still loves her mother even after she's being burned. It's why she does nothing to harm or stop her beyond hiding herself and trying to commit suicide. She does not lift a finger against Dahlia. Feelings for your mother don't just evaporate because you're horribly abused. The abused usually keep loving their abuser, and this is why they only see suicide as an escape, unless they think they deserve it. Don't you get it? It's about child abuse, but with demons and shit.


Yes, agree with the abuser loving it's abused, read it in the article from the mirror reflection library in SHO.. But that doesn't neccesarily mean that she didn't have nightmares of her mother as a monster. An example is, if i'm not mistaken, that the Closer represent Dahlia, abusing Alessa, hence the enlarged arms. Does that mean that she loved here, even as a monster?

AuraTwilight wrote:
Yea, but the Incubator isn't Alessa, so who cares?

Who is it then? It should be Alessa and Cheryl together. ?

AuraTwilight wrote:
Lisa just dies hardcore

AuraTwilight wrote:
"pulled out of your ass", AKA a "baseless statement", which is what you did. Deal with it.

I think Lisa was delusional since she was drugged by Kaufman?

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1537
Last seen at: Right behind you
Incubator is the living incarnation of God as envisioned by Alessa.

_________________
Image
=====================================================
|.My Avatar is larger than yours because I'm a cult subscriber.|
=====================================================


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
Yes, agree with the abuser loving it's abused, read it in the article from the mirror reflection library in SHO.. But that doesn't neccesarily mean that she didn't have nightmares of her mother as a monster. An example is, if i'm not mistaken, that the Closer represent Dahlia, abusing Alessa, hence the enlarged arms. Does that mean that she loved here, even as a monster?


The Closer officially represents a fear of adults in general, if I remember right. Nothing about Dahlia specifically, if at all.

Plus, you can love and fear someone at the same time. Ever heard of a God-Fearing Christian?

Quote:
Who is it then? It should be Alessa and Cheryl together. ?


http://translatedmemories.com/bookpgs/Pg112-113.jpg

The Incubator is Alessa's vision of what God looked like, and is indeed God, itself. After being harmed by Kauffman, it took on Dahlia's image.

Quote:
I think Lisa was delusional since she was drugged by Kaufman?


What are you trying to say here? What does Lisa being delusional have to do with the two phrases you quoted?

And hey, I'm not mad at you or anything, dude, you're cool with me. :P I just don't like when people snap at me or twist my words.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Aug 2010
Notes left: 2249
Last seen at: The Rabbit Hole
I don't want to drag this out any further, but Heather said in the car cut scene that the other students called Alessa a witch, so it was in the game and the movie both.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KGitiXQGzOI

Not that it matters, you guyz are past that part. <3

_________________
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=21367&p=674128#p674128


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Well, we were sort of referring to, specifically, the context of SH1, but you are correct. Thanks for that.

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 27 Jul 2009
Notes left: 3531
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
Yes, agree with the abuser loving it's abused, read it in the article from the mirror reflection library in SHO.. But that doesn't neccesarily mean that she didn't have nightmares of her mother as a monster. An example is, if i'm not mistaken, that the Closer represent Dahlia, abusing Alessa, hence the enlarged arms. Does that mean that she loved here, even as a monster?


The Closer officially represents a fear of adults in general, if I remember right. Nothing about Dahlia specifically, if at all.


Well, Alessa does show signs of loving her mother..."I just want to be with you!" And the Closer really does represent Dahlia's abuse, so I guess that yes, Alessa loved her mommy even if her mommy was very mean...like how sometimes you love a puppy even if it has constant diarrhea streaming from it's wittle bittle anus.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
Agreed. It's also written in the Silent Hill wiki, though it can be edited by every jerk.
AuraTwilight wrote:
What are you trying to say here? What does Lisa being delusional have to do with the two phrases you quoted?

Go back to the other posts and you'll see..
at the beginning i said
mikefile wrote:
* Lisa, a nurse that nurtures Cheryl+ self medication may cause hallucinations


then you said
AuraTwilight wrote:
That's pulled out of your ass, Lisa just dies hardcore


..and then other boring posts....

AuraTwilight wrote:
"pulled out of your ass", AKA a "baseless statement", which is what you did. Deal with it.


mikefile wrote:
I think Lisa was delusional since she was drugged by Kaufman?


understand now?
AuraTwilight wrote:
And hey, I'm not mad at you or anything, dude, you're cool with me. I just don't like when people snap at me or twist my words.

Just trying to keep the harmony here. Remember- we were put here on this earth to feel joy.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11289
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
understand now?


Not entirely. I mean, it's never been up for debate that Lisa was drugged by Kauffman, where are you going with this?

_________________
BlackFire2 wrote:
I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.


Top
   
 

Gravedigger
 Post subject: Re: Has anyone noticed something weird at the end? *SPOILERS
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 05 Aug 2010
Notes left: 545
Last seen at: Nathan Ave.
AuraTwilight wrote:
Not entirely. I mean, it's never been up for debate that Lisa was drugged by Kauffman, where are you going with this?


Nowhere. At the beginning I was just implying that Lisa may be delusional 'cause drugged by Kauffman, since we already started clearing out other things ....like Alessa loving her mother, her beeing a witch, Incubator.. etc..

_________________
Image


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 83 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: