Toluca mall , racists?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

MapDark
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Toluca mall , racists?

Post by MapDark »

I just noticed something .
In the mall , there's a poster about Toluca mall looking for kids
because they're shooting a video about mall safety.

When you call the number on the poster there's an old automated message playing
saying that they're looking for CAUCASIAN kids only , who are brunette OR blonde
and they don't want kids with glasses.

Wouldn't that be like , ILLEGAL or at least not very PC nowadays? XD
Heather Mason , the only girl who will face deadly danger
by going to the mall for hair bleach !!

[img]http://furnation.com/mapdark/maplick.gif[/img]
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

Yeah which is why you gotta love Silent Hill they support freedom of speech and non-pcness it's awesome.
Droo

Post by Droo »

You think racism is laudable?
"Oh yeah, I've been here before
I can see it with eyes closed
Shadows that look like blood
Dead as far as the mind goes
Fear that comes from my head
Lives in the mirror"
Nillin
Hope House Careworker

Post by Nillin »

I think he was being facetious.
I once was lost, but am now profound.
Prisonic Fairytale
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Prisonic Fairytale »

Maybe they have very specific characters to find actors for. The fact that this might be illegal in real live proves that law meddles in things too much.
SilentHillSurvivor

Post by SilentHillSurvivor »

Not at all I am just very anti-government and anti-political correctness it wasn't a joke. I won't be "racist" because I don't even believe in the term "racism" there's only one race on this planet I know of besides animals and that is the human race. When you start victimizing people because of their skin complexion especially as an organized government it's retarded, then again this IS humanity we are speaking of. I know a lot of you may not like my opinions but I honestly don't care at all, I say what I believe honestly.
Droo

Post by Droo »

No, you won't, if what you have to say could be characterized as offensive.

This forum is not a democracy, and your ability to post here is a privilege that can be revoked from you at any time.
Lives in the mirror"
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Whoever was in charge of writing some of the scenery must have some thoughts going on in his head.
sumcaker
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by sumcaker »

Well if you think about it, the game is based on your personality...
^^
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

No i don't think its illegal its definitely not politically correct but think about it there are commercials like that all the time that only have certain types of people in em'. Its kind of messed up but i guess they look for people who fit the description of a role they want filled in a commercial.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

If they discriminate against children with eyesight deficiencies, nobody cares. That's acceptable.
Prisonic Fairytale
Cafe5to2 Waitress

mouse wrote:If they discriminate against children with eyesight deficiencies, nobody cares. That's acceptable.
I noticed this too. People want to pick and choose what is okay and not okay to discriminate about.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Prisonic Fairytale wrote:
mouse wrote:If they discriminate against children with eyesight deficiencies, nobody cares. That's acceptable.
I noticed this too. People want to pick and choose what is okay and not okay to discriminate about.
When did anybody say this? Also some discrimination is worse than others, I'd say discrimination against race, sexuality, or sex is worse than discrimination against children with eyesight deficiencies. Also that doesn't happen really often.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Humans are more closely genetically related by skin color than they are by height. Meaning: We should have less of a problem w/ another's skin color and more of a problem w/ another's height.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
alone in the town

Also some discrimination is worse than others
Oooh, I can't wait to hear you explain this!
Prisonic Fairytale
Cafe5to2 Waitress

SPRINGS02 wrote:
Prisonic Fairytale wrote:
When did anybody say this? Also some discrimination is worse than others, I'd say discrimination against race, sexuality, or sex is worse than discrimination against children with eyesight deficiencies. Also that doesn't happen really often.
You just proved my point.
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

mouse wrote:
Also some discrimination is worse than others
Oooh, I can't wait to hear you explain this!
Heh ok for one i wore glasses i put up with stupid jokes and things like that but it's easier to hide that you have eyesight deficiencies(what with contacts and all) also being black i've heard my fair share of racist jokes and i would say i found that the racist jokes got to me alot more than the little jokes about glasses. Also are you gonna honestly sit here and tell me that people who have eyesight deficiencies get discriminated against as much as different races, genders, or sexualities?
But don't get me wrong its still an asshole move to discriminate against someone just because they have eyesight problems.

And Prisonic Fairytale i really don't see how i proved your point i never said once it was ok to discriminate against anyone i just said that there are some forms that are worse than others so uh...yeah...
Droo

Post by Droo »

Some discrimination IS worse than others.

To bring in some Canadian law here, pre-existing historical disadvantage is the single most important factor in determining discrimination. Groups that have been historically and systematically disadvantaged require strict protection under the law. Gays, women, the mentally disabled, etc. A discriminatory policy can be upheld if its main purpose is to ameliorate the disadvantage of another, more disavantaged group. Ergo, a law that discriminates based on being male can be withheld if its purpose is to extend a benefit to a disadvantaged group such as women.

Thus maternity leave was born.
Lives in the mirror"
alone in the town

To say some is worse is to imply that some discrimination is more acceptable, as your example demonstrated very well.

The thing is, when you're a victim of 'acceptable' discrimination, it doesn't hurt any less. As you should well know, being a of a sexual category which was, until recently, a generally acceptable target.

All discrimination equally bad. It's just that some categories have successfully fought against it and made it, at the least, very taboo, whereas others have not and are still fair game to anyone who wishes to hunt them.
SPRINGS02

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Saying some discrimination is worse than others is not even close to saying its more acceptable. I've never heard of huge hate groups attacking people because they have eye problems(sure there are some bullies in school but thats not the same thing) And you never answered my question do you honestly think people with eye problems get discriminated against as much or as cruelly as other races, gender, or sexualities do?