Who is that? *potential spoilers*

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Re: Who is that? *potential spoilers*

Post by Darklingwistix »

Wow, I forgot all about the arcade game and it fits very well. Thinking about it, there were a LOT of random references throughout SM relating to all of the past SH games so perhaps this was just one more?
remember kids, it's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end :P
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'm just not seeing this figure well enough; why is everyone assuming it's a woman? Like to me it looks like someone with a hat and flannel shirt.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

It looks like a kid to me, but I can't tell.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

That is an amazing catch! Major props to you, Darkling.

I have to agree with the Travis theory. It certainly appears to be him, but I would much prefer to see a video of this scene. Really great find, though.

And people say the new games don't have as much stuff hidden in them as the old ones!
This statement is said in good humor and in no means in an attempt to antagonize fans of original titles.
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

You mean this place? You've seen it in the PS2-version or Wii?

Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

AuraTwilight wrote:I'm just not seeing this figure well enough; why is everyone assuming it's a woman? Like to me it looks like someone with a hat and flannel shirt.

Yeah, I really can't tell in the supplied photo if it is a female or male, young or old, just that it is a humanoid shape out there. I will *hopefully* be playing the game tomorrow at least once all the way through and will be keeping an eye out for it.
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

@Typographenia - thanks :) I love being rewarded with random stuff like this for exploration.

@X-rust - It was the PS2 version and yes it was definitely along the lake though that looks like the area of town after you travel through the building with the red door (I wish I could remember the name of the place).

I thought it looked like a girl, but seeing it again I can see how it could be a boy also, I can't really see it clearly no matter what angle I try :\ I could definitely see how it could be Travis simply being that it's Climax, but the idea of it being the girl in the lake seems much cooler to me personally. I hope someone can get a super clear look at this.
remember kids, it's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end :P
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

Darklingwistix, I'll check the PS2 version

ETA:
So, this is difficult to consider it, but it looks like something mechanical for me

Also, its look like Lilian Shepherd :P

DO NOT double post, please.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

X-Rust to the rescue!

Much better image, but I'm still not sure who it is. I have to disagree and say I still think it looks more like a person. Granted, it does look like they are rusted or something, but still very human. Looks more female to me than male, and doesn't look like travis anymore.

Perhaps Cheryl had considered suicide in the lake, but she couldn't bring herself to do so?
Maybe she would come to that place and look off into the distance from where harry is standing?
I don't know, but this is all very cool.
clips
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by clips »

Much RESPEC`..."X".....i still can't make out the image as well, and it's clearly some sort of humanoid figure......to me it looks like a little girl...in that 2nd pic under the bigger image, it even looks like she's wearing a backpack....
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

It looks like a boy, to me.

I'm hoping it's not Lilian, though it would be funny if the only Homecoming reference in the game was something so impossibly obscure.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

^That would be amazing.

Great pics X-rust. Much obliged. : D
Sepultcher
Just Passing Through

Post by Sepultcher »

That's an interesting find indeed!
It kinda looks like it's contemplating whether or not it wants to jump in the water.

Or

It's just very, very sad.
"This is one of those rare fact-based type details in SH that really can't- and shouldn't- be turned into a metaphor for a dead wife"
-Lain of the wired
jeremyjh
Just Passing Through

Post by jeremyjh »

I have beaten this game more then 16 time and I have never noticed this O.O Q.Q TY!!!!
http://www.youtube.com/user/jeremyjh13? ... BjX2Y0gNrc- Survival Horror Game Library
Doo-glas
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Doo-glas »

I don't think that's in the Wii version, I looked and saw nothing
five5sixers
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by five5sixers »

I've never seen this, now I have to replay again. I also have the Wii version, Doog, so I'll definitely let you know if I spot anything.
Book of Memories ID: five5sixers
Aerith Gainsborough

Post by Aerith Gainsborough »

This is awesome! The figure looks kind of rusty/burnt, and it's definitely some sort of humanoid. Maybe a shoutout to Silent Hill 3? Memory of Alessa?
I'm rarely on the forums anymore. Click here for ways to reach me.
Fevered Dream
Gravedigger

Post by Fevered Dream »

Too difficult to get a good idea from a blurry screen cap. Probably best to just play the game and see. Hopefully I remember to check it out on my next playthrough. Though my first impression is that it reminds me of something from SH2 just because of the color scheme and texture.
Bitch, don't kill my vibe.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

We shold shoot Tom Hulett and some of the others who worked on SM some emails, maybe we could get a response.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

^ I think that's the only way we'll get an answer definitively, unless someone can uncover the textures and filenames somehow.