Who is that? *potential spoilers*

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Who is that? *potential spoilers*

Post by Darklingwistix »

Towards the end of the game just before you meet Michelle in Annie's Bar, at the end of the lakefront a little girl (?) can be seen sitting on a buoy in the lake in the distance (to the right at the end of the pathway) but it's very hard to get a really good look at her. I'm super curious as to who it is, maybe Cheryl? It looked like she had blond hair though, if that's the case just who is she then? Has anybody else seen this?
remember kids, it's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end :P
Dark Shadow
Just Passing Through

Re: Who is that? *potential spoilers*

Post by Dark Shadow »

I haven't seen it, but I would assume it to be Cheryl.
Harrys_Girl
Historical Society Historian

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Neither have I. Perhaps you can provide a screencap for us?
Joseph
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Joseph »

You just gave me a great motivation to replay the game, but I would swear I never saw a figure like that...
http://twitter.com/quieterworlds
Forget it, Jake. This is Chinatown.
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

My PS2 is lent out until this upcoming weekend, I have a save right there however so I'll definitely post a screen cap on friday night. I noticed it on my second playthrough and have tried to interact by way of taking an in game pic (I thought maybe it was a ghost), but she's so far off in the distance Harry's cell phone only see blackness, he should have upgraded his phone before he ventured out, 3.0mp surely would have done the trick :P
remember kids, it's not the fall that kills you; it's the sudden stop at the end :P
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Yes, I would like to see this myself. I could just be a random bystander, but who knows?
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Holy shit, I've never heard of this. Screencap required, but I get the feeling you might be seeing things wrong.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

This is probably going to be very little help,
but I there's an area by the lake with a bench (I'm wanting to say somewhere around the school, not sure) and I saw a girl there once.
I freaked out and ran at her ready to take a picture, and she disappeared.

How do you get a cap of something like that? Do you just play, and have someone ready by the T.V. with a camera or something? I don't have the PC version (if there was one....)
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

My screen cap is most definitely going to be of the cellular variety, for this I'll just have Harry stand there while I bust out my celly (saving him the trouble). Thankfully, unlike Harry I DO have a 3.0mp camera so it should be relatively clean, if not I'll snatch my buddy's evo and that will be justice. As for the girl herself, assuming it is a girl though it is definitely human, (For all those looking to find her before I can get a screen cap) she can be found in the area of Silent Hill after the sewer and before Annie's Bar, take the path to the right of the bar all the way down alongside the lakefront then turn right facing the lighthouse, you'll see her sitting on a buoy in the lake, very, very creepily looking back at you. I'm going to try to get my buddy to load that file and snap a shot for me tonight since waiting through the week will kind of suck, but, if he hasn't yet made it that far (since the file starts at the very, very end of nowhere) I can't ask that of him.
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Looking forward to it.
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.

-Trigun
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

There, Merry Christmas everyone :)

Also, I kind of misled you peoples that are looking for it, it's after the sewer just before you enter the building with the red door to take you to the area of town where you find Annie's Bar. She's definitely blond though I bet you can't tell through the screen cap, just who is this mystery person? o.O
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Wow, that's creepy. It's making me hesitate to continue with my current playthrough. So she just stares at you like that while on a buoy? WTF!

Oh, and Merry Christmas!

-Trigun
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Wow. Something new! I've never noticed this before. *scribbles mental note* I am definitely going to be looking for this in the future. I wonder if it appears every time or if it is something specific to a certain profile type.
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

That is a really good question, I'm going to start a new file and do things drastically different to see if that changes. I got the good ending with that playthrough where I spotted her but with all of my others I never once thought to check and see if she's still there.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Holy shit, it's actually real! I can't tell if it's a woman, though, and it looks like they're looking down into the water, not at Harry. It doesn't look like any characters we're familiar with, either. WTF?

My boyfriend votes that it's Travis. What do you guys think?
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
MariaRising
Gravedigger

Post by MariaRising »

Hmmm, something to definitely look for the next time I play lol.
@Darklingwistix : That's a good idea lol.
@ SilentWren: There wasn't a pc version released, but if you've got your pc set up just right you should be able to play it on your pc. nur_ein_tur would be the person to talk to about setting your pc up to do this.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

@ SilentWren: There is a way you can take screenshots of games on your PC without having a pc copy of the game or using emulation software. What you need is a PC with video inputs (something like this, but you can get other ones which are just as good. That's just what I use. It just has to have video coaxial inputs or similar. That allows you to view the footage from a console on your PC (using the PC instead of the TV). Which means you can record video files of your playthroughs onto your computer and then take screenshots that way and there shouldn't be nearly as much distortion - the image quality would be a lot better than just pointing a camera at the TV and taking a picture. That's one way, someone else might be able to come up with another.

On topic: That is freaky, I'm going to dig out my PSP and see if that shows up on there.

Edit: Yep, she's there. It's not as detailed as the screenshot, but there's definitely a little girl sitting there.
Last edited by Shadow on 27 Dec 2010, edited 1 time in total.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

Pretty interesting indeed.
Never before noticed it, so I'm gonna be replaying SH:SM.
We are still here...
Darklingwistix
Just Passing Through

Post by Darklingwistix »

@AuraTwilight - You would be correct, the person almost appears to be moving but he/she is definitely looking down at the water in an expression that insinuates sadness, at first glance I thought of Heather, thinking about it I have no fucking clue lol. Travis seems pretty plausible though seeing it's Climax.
LittleRed
Just Passing Through

Post by LittleRed »

Ooh neat!

Maybe its a shoutout to the arcade game? Doesn't that have a story revolving around a little girl who drowned in a lake?