Search FAQ

Login | Register


All times are UTC [ DST ]


It is currently 21 Dec 2014




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 
Author Message

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 929
I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

I'm too lazy to skim through my copy, but I'm pretty sure there's a Chinese restaurant of the same name in Stephen King's IT, which would make sense seeing as how Silent Hill more resembles Maine in this one

also the memory of the drowned boy in the sewers also vaguely reminded me of IT (they float! they all float down here!)


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2301
It IT the boy ( george, bill's younger brother) doesn't drown. he gets his arm ripped off by pennywise.
Thats how he dies.

_________________
[img]http://i1226.photobucket.com/albums/ee419/silentfog/signature.jpg[/img]


Top
   
 

Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11030
Last seen at: basically hitler
Doo-glas wrote:
I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

I'm too lazy to skim through my copy, but I'm pretty sure there's a Chinese restaurant of the same name in Stephen King's IT, which would make sense seeing as how Silent Hill more resembles Maine in this one

also the memory of the drowned boy in the sewers also vaguely reminded me of IT (they float! they all float down here!)


It's called "Jade of the Orient".

Quote:
It IT the boy ( george, bill's younger brother) doesn't drown. he gets his arm ripped off by pennywise.
Thats how he dies.


There is a scene in which Pennywise appears to Stan Uris in the guise of a boy who drowned in the Standpipe.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Brookhaven Receptionist
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 25 Sep 2007
Notes left: 929
alone in the town wrote:
Doo-glas wrote:
I can't remember where exactly, I think it's when you're following Lisa, but at one point on the Silent Hill streets you pass by a Chinese restaurant called the "Jade Palace"

I'm too lazy to skim through my copy, but I'm pretty sure there's a Chinese restaurant of the same name in Stephen King's IT, which would make sense seeing as how Silent Hill more resembles Maine in this one

also the memory of the drowned boy in the sewers also vaguely reminded me of IT (they float! they all float down here!)


It's called "Jade of the Orient".



the one in the book or the one in the game? :?


Top
   
 

Moderator & Cult Member
Moderator & Cult Member
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Apr 2004
Notes left: 11030
Last seen at: basically hitler
In the book. I checked.

_________________
Image


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Jan 2011
Notes left: 6
Last seen at: 4th Floor of Alchemilla Hospital
Also the Red balloon before entering the gym. There's also the road named after Bachman which was Stephen King's pen-name before he became big.

_________________
parasitehill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep updated on my latest work by visiting my Blog!


Top
   
 

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 Jun 2008
Notes left: 1011
Last seen at: In your fridge
parasitehill wrote:
Also the Red balloon before entering the gym. There's also the road named after Bachman which was Stephen King's pen-name before he became big.


Actually, King used the Bachman name after he was already popular. He wanted to see if he could write successful books without his real name attached after he had become famous.

The first of the Bachman stories was in 1977 after King had already released Carrie, Salem's Lot, and The Shining which were all pretty popular.

_________________
Image
Chad - born April 4, 2011

Image
Daron - born October 14, 2012


Top
   
 

Just Passing Through
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 23 Jan 2011
Notes left: 6
Last seen at: 4th Floor of Alchemilla Hospital
Really? I could have sworn it was the other way around :X I've read enough of his books, you think I would have kept the right info up there. Still shows correlation though.

_________________
parasitehill

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keep updated on my latest work by visiting my Blog!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
^This was revealed in SH1, where all the streets are named after famous authors.

_________________
Image
The war has begun:
Use your voice today before you no longer have one tomorrow.
World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2684
Stephen King wrote some of the Bachman stories before he became famous, but they weren't published until later. I believe I read that Rage was the first novel he ever completed.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4656
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
Bachman came after King.

Anyway, between the drowned boy and the red balloon... I wasn't thinking of them at the time, but now that you mention it... good catch!

_________________
GAME FOR SCIENCE!! When you finish the 1st part, set a timer for 30 minutes, play your eyeballs out! When the time is up, complete the survey!
Image
^'Course you do. Read the 1st post for details, PM me to place orders^

Back off, man- I'm a grad student. I'll fuck anyone up for a letter of recommendation. You got a letter of recommendation on you? Man, I'll cutchoo! You hand that shit over, I ain't playin' witchoo! Oh god, oh shit, I didn't mean it! You gotta staunch the bleeding! Man, I ain't goin' to prison again for this shit! Oh god! Oh god, no! Scatter!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2684
^He didn't create the pseudonym until later, but Rage and Blaze were completed before Carrie was ever published.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4656
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
^So were a number of his later published stories before his name became akin to a brand. What's your point?

_________________
GAME FOR SCIENCE!! When you finish the 1st part, set a timer for 30 minutes, play your eyeballs out! When the time is up, complete the survey!
Image
^'Course you do. Read the 1st post for details, PM me to place orders^

Back off, man- I'm a grad student. I'll fuck anyone up for a letter of recommendation. You got a letter of recommendation on you? Man, I'll cutchoo! You hand that shit over, I ain't playin' witchoo! Oh god, oh shit, I didn't mean it! You gotta staunch the bleeding! Man, I ain't goin' to prison again for this shit! Oh god! Oh god, no! Scatter!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 01 Jun 2009
Notes left: 2684
I thought it was an interesting trivia piece.


Top
   
 

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 10 May 2006
Notes left: 4656
Last seen at: My Slinky! My cuddly little pet Slinky! *sobs*
Ah, Okie-dokie then.

_________________
GAME FOR SCIENCE!! When you finish the 1st part, set a timer for 30 minutes, play your eyeballs out! When the time is up, complete the survey!
Image
^'Course you do. Read the 1st post for details, PM me to place orders^

Back off, man- I'm a grad student. I'll fuck anyone up for a letter of recommendation. You got a letter of recommendation on you? Man, I'll cutchoo! You hand that shit over, I ain't playin' witchoo! Oh god, oh shit, I didn't mean it! You gotta staunch the bleeding! Man, I ain't goin' to prison again for this shit! Oh god! Oh god, no! Scatter!


Top
   
 

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject: Re: Stephen King's IT reference?
     
         
  User avatar  
     
     

Missing since: 29 Oct 2006
Notes left: 1910
Last seen at: Danvers Asylum
lain of the wired wrote:

Anyway, between the drowned boy and the red balloon... I wasn't thinking of them at the time, but now that you mention it... good catch!


I'm now slapping myself in the forehead for not connecting these things :lol:

_________________
Image
(o ) ( 0)WOOO!|Silent Hill Wiki|Image"What the hell is it?"
( ) ­ I wanna thank you for this chance to be angels
ImageImageImage Thank you Harrys_Girl for the Drawing Block!
[I am currently permitted to display a larger avatar thanks to my status as a supporter of SHHF]


Top
   
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 16 posts ] 

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to: