Can someone explain to me... / Dahlia Mason

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

lewisia08
Just Passing Through

Can someone explain to me... / Dahlia Mason

Post by lewisia08 »

I have not played Shattered Memories, however after reading up about the plot, I discovered that in the game, Dahlia is actually Harry's wife.

Now I know that the game is a "re-imagining" of the original, however is there any tie in with Dahlia from the first?

Is Dahlia Mason and Dahlia Gillespie the same person and does this mean that she was in fact a form of his wife in the first game?

Might seem like a stupid question but I like debating on the confusion that surrounds these games.

Thanks.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Can someone explain to me... / Dahlia Mason

Post by Shadow »

There isn't any tie between Dahlia Mason and Dahlia Gillespie apart from their shared first name. Dahlia in SM plays a completely different role than Dahlia G did in the original. I can't really expand upon it more without spoiling the entire plot, but that's pretty much it.
lewisia08
Just Passing Through

Post by lewisia08 »

Okay, thanks for your reply.

If that is the case, I just dont understand why the developers didnt use a completely different name.

Using the name Dahlia suggests their is some sort of link between them, and could confuse players of the original.
SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Post by SilentWren »

Pretty much what Shadow said.
And, yes, it did confuse some people. You're not alone. :D

Just remember that the game pretty much focuses on Cheryl while you're playing it, and you'll be able to discern what most the character's "meanings" are. Happy playing!
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

You really should play the game. They don't even look like the same person. :P

And there's a very good reason why they used all the names from SH1, without being connected to it.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

*facepalm*

SilentWren... you just ruined the game to someone who said he hadn't played it...
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

lain of the wired wrote:*facepalm*

SilentWren... you just ruined the game to someone who said he hadn't played it...
The game focuses on Cheryl because it's Harry's search for her. How does that spoil it? :P
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I /know/ the spoilers, but I'm trying to fix any damage done! :)
lewisia08 wrote:Okay, thanks for your reply.

If that is the case, I just dont understand why the developers didnt use a completely different name.

Using the name Dahlia suggests their is some sort of link between them, and could confuse players of the original.
Part of the point of the game was to subvert expectations with the roles that the characters play, as you can see with Dahlia being a different person. There are other reasons for doing so, but I can't go into it without spoiling; I suggest you play the game.