Concept Art

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

Yuki
Historical Society Historian

Concept Art

Post by Yuki »

Hell Descent recently linked to a gallery of concept art for Shattered Memories.
Climax character artist, Jeen Lih Lun, posted some nice concept art of the Silent Hill Shattered Memories characters she worked on over on her personal website. It was really nice to see some bigger versions of some the character sheets previously only seen in small print within the Official Shattered Memories Japanese game guide.

Renders of Harry, and the rest of the cast are shown in various poses as well as their multiple looks. There’s nice harry, and then sex craved drunk Harry; he’s such a keeper.
Monster
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Concept Art

Post by Monster »

Does anybody else think that these are the best non-team-silent character models? They even look better than Downpour's characters. Climax really did a fantastic job with this game and I wish they were doing the games from now on.
"Star Wars is like the thing that isn't remotely cool anymore but that nobody will stop talking about of my generation" -Me.
Agent of God
Subway Guard

Post by Agent of God »

It is cool to see this after some time has passed since SH:SM.
Good find Yuki and good job to HD for posting them.
We are still here...
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Hell descent yes!
I love concept art and seeing these sorts of things. Thanks for the heads-up!

Edit: aww, I was hoping for more drawn stuff. Oh well, model renders and wire frames are nice too, I suppose.
in zero
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by in zero »

Awesome renders, thanks for sharing :D

Cheryl needs to get some sleep...
Monster wrote:Does anybody else think that these are the best non-team-silent character models? They even look better than Downpour's characters. Climax really did a fantastic job with this game and I wish they were doing the games from now on.
Agree 1000%
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

I also agree with the comment on how great the character models look. For Wii, the characters and graphics are amazing! I'd love to see a complete remake straight from the original SH made with these kind of models and graphics. Wouldn't that look wild? This games look is just another reason I love it so much. I just wish it was longer, but that may have hindered it's pace some, or helped. Has anyone not seen the concept drawings? They're more interesting to look at than the 3D models for me, though the actual game models really reflect the concept drawings well.

The wide photo of most of the characters all in poses next to each other reminds me of The Sims. d:
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

I really like the design of the characters :) The concept model of the characters are amazing.

I really like the concept drawings. So many different versions of Harry and Cheryl that they could have used.