Your favorite SHSM Easter Eggs?

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

PyramidZach
Just Passing Through

Your favorite SHSM Easter Eggs?

Post by PyramidZach »

There were a lot of cool notable surprises in Shattered Memories that made the experience really cool.
I liked how Cheryl's full name was Cheryl Heather Mason. The nods to the older entries were really cool.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Re: Your favorite SHSM Easter Eggs?

Post by VenusDoom »

Heather Morris voicing Cheryl.
Cry baby, cry baby, cry,<3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0_DW9xJTX-4
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

If you agree, add it to your sig.
Shadow
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Shadow »

1) The art room having different pictures of the original SH1 version of Harry Mason.

2) In some playthroughs, Lisa Garland crashes an ambulance into the reception of Alchemilla Hospital (possible reference to the rumoured [and false] ambulance ending.)
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

- Harry pics in the art room
- Cheryl's middle name
- Balkan bathroom scene (SH2 nod)

There's a lot of cool stuff in there.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

^ Don't remember the Balkan Bathroom scene... what was that?
I love the Silent Hill Series. The games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.

bluemug7
Just Passing Through

Post by bluemug7 »

^ At some point Harry follows Michelle in The Balkan nightclub. After finding her keys and having a conversation with her, he goes to the bathroom to clear his head. There he washes his face and stares briefly at his reflection. It's right before you meet Dahlia.

I liked the pinned butterfly memento, Shakespeare books and meeting Lisa scene the most.
VenusDoom
Hope House Careworker

Post by VenusDoom »

I don't remember thatat all. Hmmm.

Calamity
Historical Society Historian

Post by Calamity »

Shadow wrote: 2) In some playthroughs, Lisa Garland crashes an ambulance into the reception of Alchemilla Hospital (possible reference to the rumoured [and false] ambulance ending.)
On my only playthrough so far she crashed her normal car. I absolutely have to see the ambulance crash though cause that is a splendid easter egg! :mrgreen:
leftshoe18
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by leftshoe18 »

I got the car the first 5 or 6 times through before getting the ambulance.
Apocali
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Apocali »

The ad for the Camera Obscura from Fatal Frame.
Silenthillhistorian
Just Passing Through

Post by Silenthillhistorian »

at the start of the game in the mens bathroom in the salvage yard/ convenience store if you look in the mirror you'll see a nightmare version of the bathroom a nod to sh:0
X-rust

Post by X-rust »

you'll see a nightmare version of the bathroom a nod to sh:0
Really?
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

-Fatal Frame Camera Obscura ad (loved that)
-The texture of the pills you give Lisa actually being White Claudia (a recent discovery to me)
-UFO ending (of course). Especially with James and the whole "My mother was a bitch." thing. Awesome references to the past game they had in there.
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

teosoleil wrote: -The texture of the pills you give Lisa actually being White Claudia (a recent discovery to me)
What's going on here? Is the texture the same as a texture for the drug in a past title or something? I've never heard of this one before.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

The prescription label on Lisa's meds indicates that they contain "Claudia B1".
wonder's boy
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by wonder's boy »

Wow. After seeing those bottles all those times, you'd think I would have noticed that by now. I'm bringing my exxtra large ispy eyes next time I play.
Music created by the fans, for the fans. . . . . . . . . . . . . . Vol. 1 | Vol. 2 | Vol. 3
PoemOfTheLastMoment
Gravedigger

Post by PoemOfTheLastMoment »

Despite all these little details in SHSM, the world felt bland.Maybe it was because we spent more time running across blue ice worlds rather than exploring them (it DID fit with the story though)....I guess what i'm saying is that i didnt feel any sort of connection with the main character(Cheryl).maybe a little for Harry... but it was the short duration of the game that bothered me the most...
Now I Know, The Real Reason Why I Came To This Town....I Wonder....What Was I Afraid Of? Without You..I've Got Nothing...Now, We Can Be Together Again.....Mary.....
globalwolf
Just Passing Through

Post by globalwolf »

PoemOfTheLastMoment wrote:Despite all these little details in SHSM, the world felt bland.Maybe it was because we spent more time running across blue ice worlds rather than exploring them (it DID fit with the story though)....I guess what i'm saying is that i didnt feel any sort of connection with the main character(Cheryl).maybe a little for Harry... but it was the short duration of the game that bothered me the most...
I actually thought that the Silent Hill from Shattered Memories was one of the more vibrant in the series. With all of the little details, it feels more like a real town that's just closed down for a snowstorm. Of course
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
if you stop to enjoy all of the little details, you do get a bad ending, but I guess that's the price you pay to read fun facts about regional history while your daughter is missing :(
teosoleil
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by teosoleil »

globalwolf wrote:
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
if you stop to enjoy all of the little details, you do get a bad ending, but I guess that's the price you pay to read fun facts about regional history while your daughter is missing :(
Hm? None of the endings are bad; they all play the same role, maybe with a more less-likable Harry in the endings I think you're talking about.
alone in the town

Post by alone in the town »

That, and, I got the 'good' ending in spite of carefully examining everything the first time I played.