Shattered Memories changes in the gameplay

Ten years after the original game and Harry's still searching for his daughter.

Moderator: Moderators

NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Shattered Memories changes in the gameplay

Post by NemesisFY »

Hi there

I want to know, what would happens if I gave the wrong pill to Lisa at her house? First I gave the red, but then I loaded the game and gave the right one, green. Does it change anything or not?

I did a search on forum, found not my answer, I'm sorry if this was spoken already.

Also to reduce spam, I'll use the same thread to speak about others changes in the gameplay, discuss the same matter of changes, not just this one of the pills.

Edit: I want to know everything about these changes, spoilers, but I'll read when I finish it, in some hours ;P

Until there I won't be reading any spoilers, I don't like to spoil the first gameplay
Last edited by NemesisFY on 30 Oct 2011, edited 1 time in total.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Re: Shattered Memories changes in the gameplay

Post by alone in the town »

Pretty much everything you do changes something, but it's rare that you'll notice changes brought about by any individual choice.

If this is your first time through the game, you really should just play the game straightforward. Behave as you normally would and make choices you would make if you were Harry, instead of trying to get a certain ending or worrying about what changes you'll make. Save your attempts to play the system for replays. The game reacts to your behavior, and you'll never get the full effect if you don't let it play on your own personality the first time.
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

/\ Aye, I do exactly that but after I done something I wonder what would happens if I didn't do that, you see.

For exemple the pill, it was the first time I loaded the game to change what I already did, because I just gave the red pill for curiosity on what would happen, as I play I would of course give the green pill and that's what I did.
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

Regarding the pill-
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
Giving Lisa the correct pill will result with her dying.
Giving Lisa the wrong pill will result with her dying.

I believe the only thing this contributes towards is your ending. Are you someone concerned with helping others? Do you abuse the powers of drugs to take advantage of others? Are you trustworthy?
I can't accurately tell you what it will really change, but Lisa dies either way.
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Just finished it.
PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER_SHOW PRIME_BBCODE_SPOILER:
I got the Drunk Dad ending.

But now let's talk about more changes, what does that change? The "sexual" cards? I marked them all non-sexual, because they really don't look anything like sexual!!

The house drawn I noticed it changed the colours of the house and the couple's cloths, that one is easy, if you know any more please post here so we can discuss about it.

And now I see what people meant when it has nothing to do with SH1. It really has nothing similar. It doesn't even look much like SH games, but still a great game, worth playing, in my opinion.

I also thought it was the most similiar game to Jacob's Ladder, the story, the things that happens, a quest for the truth. Same as the movie, besides on the movie there is no danger all the time, just when Jacob faces a real nightmare, like in the game.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

Honestly, there's no one-to-one connection between what you do and what it changes. It's a cumulative change where everything you've done is considered.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

/\ Hm, I see.

Well, but it has some result, more to the drunk side? To the sexual slut? To the good and honest person? At least each thing will influence on any of these.
AuraTwilight

Post by AuraTwilight »

I'll just say this. People have been working to figure out what decisions lead to what changes, and we STILL don't know. Climax did a very good job of making it so that we can't cheat the system to get what we want.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
NemesisFY
Just Passing Through

Post by NemesisFY »

Thanks

But nah, I don't want to cheat to get what I want or anything like that, besides I think I can make the any ending I want I already understood how it works, but I asked that just of curiosity that's it
Typographenia

Post by Typographenia »

The easiest way to change your endings now is to make sure that you try to pick a path and stick to it.

Maybe try to do a run where you're looking closely at only things that will help you find your daughter and being more concerned about others?
Maybe try a run where you see how fast you can get from beginning to end, reacting in a hurried way to things, and so forth?
Maybe try another time to focus more on looking at sexual things (pinup calendar, call a number that says "for a good time," or whatever?
At this point, just avoid looking at anything drug or alcohol related and maybe change up a few answers on your therapy sessions.

There's not a simple way of doing it, but just keep trying different things each time to give you a better chance at new endings.