Search FAQ

Login | Register

All times are UTC [ DST ]

It is currently 25 Jan 2021

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 17 Aug 2008
Notes left: 152
Last seen at: Neely's Bar, South Vale Silent Hill
extreme-nero wrote:
I'd hate it more than RE5.

hahaha my thoughts exactly.

Maybe as like a bonus mode or online mode, but honestly a co-op story mode in a Silent Hill game would just kind of detract from the whole experience for me. Having someone else there would take me as the player out of the immersion in the story because I have someone else playing beside me, having to worry what their doing, having to co-operate on tasks and fights and puzzles, etc.

An NPC is kinda different because it's like you're interacting with something INSIDE the game's story, and in a way that immerses you even further.

Having the prisoners all see a different hill would be interesting but would probably lead to a lot of inconsistencies and compromises on the game's vibe. Although, that'd be rad if maybe the other prisoners play a part in the story and see a different town b/c of their own experience.

Historical Society Historian
 Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Aug 2006
Notes left: 11387
Last seen at: I'm here, and waiting for you
Quote:
What's the point in having a co-op mode but no online co-op? It would be stupid. . .

The 90's must have sucked for you, huh?

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 Aug 2009
Notes left: 230
Last seen at: My freezer. Chillin' out.
No. Just no.
I just think that it doesn't belong in Silent Hill. Not to mention it would completely ruin the whole scary, lonely feeling which is an important thing in the series.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 29 May 2009
Notes left: 189
Last seen at: Get your own.
The developers would have to shape the entire single player/co-op experience to accommodate two people, which would be infinitely lame for a SH game. Imagine walking down a dark, scary hallway. A monster is approaching. You can't see it yet. Its getting closer. The radio(huh?) is going crazy. I can almost make it out! OH my partner just ran ahead of me and shot it, then celebrated with a stupid little aim/jump/crouch dance.

Stuff like that would be my main concern.

Post subject:

Missing since: 12 Feb 2009
Notes left: 8073
AuraTwilight wrote:
Quote:
What's the point in having a co-op mode but no online co-op? It would be stupid. . .

The 90's must have sucked for you, huh?

My previous quote has the answer:
Quote:
many people can't play with others in their home so they must play online if they want another person to interact. . .

Sometimes the campaign mode, by itself, gets boring. And if you add co-op then it would be better if the 2nd player was a CPU if you didn't had any person to play with. Instead of adding "co-op-you-and-a-friend" only. That's what simeonalo said, or I read it wrong.

Though I'm by no means trying to defend this idea, like I stated before. SH and multiplayer don't go together, imho.

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 30 Sep 2009
Notes left: 563
Last seen at: Centennial Building
As said before, SH's themes are about isolation and helplessness (no-one else to help you, just like Maria and Elle couldn't help you), both get completely broken at the moment you introduce co-op

"Grown-ups tell kids there's no such thing as monsters, that the Bogeyman is just make-believe, and there's nothing hiding under their beds, but that's a lie. Because I've seen 'em." - Murphy Pendleton

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Dec 2009
Notes left: 99
Last seen at: My own Otherworld
Theoretically I like the idea and think it could work.
In reality I know it would never, EVER be done right and would be done horrifically so I'm going to say that I would feel very, very bad about it being in co op.

Post subject:

Missing since: 01 Jun 2008
Notes left: 3453
Last seen at: New Jersey
Co-op is stupid. And I seriously hope they don't throw in some lame multiplayer into this game (since, y'know, every damned game that comes out has multiplayer nowadays).

However, I wouldn't mind getting to play as multiple characters, each on their own adventure.

Post subject:

Missing since: 15 Jan 2005
Notes left: 7376
Last seen at: Couldn't tell you even if I tired
^That would be awesome.

I think a co-op version of the game, maybe unlockable after beating the game once on your own would be fun. Mostly, because my sister and I rarely ever play any games together. I have recently come to notice home much of a "lone wolf" game player I am. I'd say only about 15% of the games in our collection are 2 player games.

Anyway, I think it would be fun to co-op as long as it is not required and has split screen.

World Toilet Organization
I'm like a circle, I'M TOO GOOD FOR CORNERS!!!

SHH Cult Subscriber
SHH Cult Subscriber
 Post subject:

Missing since: 15 May 2008
Notes left: 1541
Last seen at: Right behind you
I would gouge out my eyes with a rusty spoon as I vomit acid that melts my PS3 console from the sheer vitriolic, vehement, and "some-other-v-word-that-describes-my" hatred. I would then proceed to maim anyone uttering the words Silent Hill in the same sentence as Multiplayer, or interactive CO-Op mode.

=====================================================

My Bestsellers Clerk
 Post subject:

Missing since: 14 Apr 2006
Notes left: 318
Last seen at: Old Silent Hill
AuraTwilight wrote:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

That is all.

THIS.

Like other's have said, one of the primary scare factors for me for Silent Hill is isolation.

Subway Guard
 Post subject:

Missing since: 20 Jul 2004
Notes left: 1539
Last seen at: VA
extreme-nero wrote:
I'd hate it more than RE5.

haha same.

i wouldnt mind it being Co-Op if both players didn't have to be in the same location, at the same time. meaning, i'd be all for it if two players were trapped in Silent Hill, but you both could venture around the town on your own, or together. say one of you goes and checks out the apartments, while one of you goes and lurks inside the Hospital. it could be interesting, but kind of hard to ensure a good experience for gamers.

i guess in game the characters would keep in touch by way of walkie talkies (by mic online), but communicating could also alert Monsters of your whereabouts. you're trying to tiptoe past some nurses, and then your friend tries to contact you, alerting monsters, that'd be pretty cool imo. but yeah, if it's like RE5, im not for it at all.

Cafe5to2 Waitress
 Post subject:

Missing since: 08 Apr 2009
Notes left: 183
Last seen at: In the BUGHOUSE.
How many ways can one say "No?"

Seriously though, co-op wouldn't be very well suited for the series, unless we're talking about the RE2-style player-helping-himself gameplay.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 23 Apr 2006
Notes left: 1127
Last seen at: DoctorCorby#5643 discord
Yeah, I don't think co-op would work AT ALL for SH.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 05 Jun 2010
Notes left: 30
Actually, that could be a very interesting idea. And just because it's Co-op Doesn't mean they have to stick together.
Each of them see Silent Hill differently, according to their crimes. Each character will interact with the town of Silent Hill differently. And they could add puzzles in which Character 2 has to go somewhere inaccesible to Character 1 so he can open the door to Character 1.

Problem with that is, the story will either concentrate on one character, overshadowing the other, or be split in half and not concentrate on anyone, in which the story will be of a lower quality than what is expected from a Silent Hill title.

Hope House Careworker
 Post subject:

Missing since: 27 Nov 2009
Notes left: 698
Last seen at: Room 312
I'd perfer turn-based play + paralell storylines.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 28 May 2010
Notes left: 21
hell to the nooooooo

For me silent hill has always been a very personal game.. co-op would just ruin that..

Gravedigger
 Post subject:

Missing since: 13 Aug 2006
Notes left: 588
Last seen at: I can't remember.
Probably the same way I felt about RE 5's co-op. No thank you.

Just Passing Through
 Post subject:

Missing since: 10 Jun 2009
Notes left: 34
Hell no! I want SH game, not friggin' Contra.

Woodside Apartments Janitor
 Post subject:

Missing since: 21 May 2010
Notes left: 1241
To be honest...i do hate the direction the Re series went in,....i think the movie 28 days later might've inspired the RE series to go into that survival action catergory. That said, i did enjoy RE5....i thought Sheva wasn't a dumb AI (granted if you managed her well)...and the game was entertaining. But as a series the RE brand has fallen off and is only a shell of it's former self....i always thought wesker was a weak villian, but could he become more of a super-hero comic villian in RE5?....his character was sooo twirly mustachey and generic, he came off as being a complete joke.

Co-op would destroy this series...it's bad enough the series is still trying to re-indentify itself with the last couple of outings, and to throw co-op in there would just destroy this series....

These games were meant to be played alone, late at night..with the volume turned up....i'm glad that the dev's are at least trying to stay true to the formula.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next