The Children in Silent Hill 8

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Gillespie1998
Just Passing Through

The Children in Silent Hill 8

Post by Gillespie1998 »

After watching the trailer for Silent Hill 8 a while back, I recalled seeing children for a split second passing by Murphy's legs playing, and thought to myself, "Could the little girl possibly be Alessa, and the boy in the background be Murphy? If so, could the story maybe relate to them being childhood friends before the events of Origins?."
This, of course, is just a theory on my part, but I'd love to hear the theories of the other avid Silent Hill fans on this site about the appearance of these children in the trailer.
Huh...radio. What's going on with that radio?
ww_andi
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: The Children in Silent Hill 8

Post by ww_andi »

its kinda a stretch thinking that it is alessa and murphy
CondescendingMan
Just Passing Through

Post by CondescendingMan »

Perhaps they are ghosts.Not ghosts like in the fourth silent hill but ghosts that mostly just tease murphy do to some past life relative or something. I hope they are not Alessa and him that would be a little a annoying. Reasonable theory though.
we will find out there roles in this over time.
If darkness fowls your water clean. Drink it anyway its not obscene.
If lost and shrowded in the fog don't respond to the barks of dogs.
Gillespie1998
Just Passing Through

Post by Gillespie1998 »

True, it would be a little annoying to see her in another game but if they come up with some new back story about her that we do not yet know, then it would be bit interesting. But ghosts teasing him could be quite possible too, especially if the developers want to start travelling back to the original formula of Silent Hill or making it similar to what Shattered Memories was like.
Huh...radio. What's going on with that radio?
NeoAquarius12
Gravedigger

Post by NeoAquarius12 »

Well, that is a whole plot that could really make my head spin. haha. But why not. If they do it, I'll enjoy it either way. I hope he was the kid in class that messed with her the most. And ready to have your skull shattered? Heather is the final boss.

Solved.

Although I do hope they fo a different route. hahaha
I don't make a signature.
Except for the part of the signature explaining that I don't.
And that.
And that.
And that.
...and that.
AuraTwilight
Historical Society Historian

Post by AuraTwilight »

To be friends with Alessa, Murphy would have to be like nearing his 50's by this point.
[quote="BlackFire2"]I thought he meant the special powers of her vagina.[/quote]
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

The ghosts are probably Murphy's past-life and his dead sister's past-life.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
PIE!!!
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by PIE!!! »

Or it could be some boy who stole his lollipop and some girl who kicked him in the balls once for accidentally spilling his lunch on her lap at the school cafeteria.

Or what Adversary said. We'll just have to see. Murphy has the potential to be a very interesting and complex character if the symbolism is handled right.

Btw why does my current status say I'm a waitress? I'm a guy!
Wolfwood: Oh yeah, I almost forgot. "Go with the grace and protection of the Lord." It's the usual mantra for the big hero.
Vash the Stampede: Does it work?
Wolfwood: That depends entirely on you.
Vash the Stampede: Some mantra...

-Trigun
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

PIE!!! wrote: Btw why does my current status say I'm a waitress? I'm a guy!
It's generic. It'll change once you get enough post counts.

I'm surprised no-one has suggested that Murphy may be responsible for murdering the children (in this thread at least). Or that they're Billy and Miriam Locane. Then again, I haven't read through all the SH8 threads, so I'm sure they'll be something like that in one of them. For now there's just too little to go on. Hopefully that will change soon. Come on, Vatra, release another trailer already. :x
Mr. E. Nygma
Just Passing Through

Post by Mr. E. Nygma »

It's Laura XD I hope not.
I love the Silent Hill Series. The Games: Homecoming, Origins, and Shattered Memories, did nothing wrong whatsoever, they were developed well, and did things different. Just because they were not by Team Silent doesn't mean that they're bad games. I believe in this series. I Believe that one day, we can have a game that will make all Silent Hill fans Happy. I believe that Silent Hill Downpour can achieve this.
Team Silent may be gone, but their Series isn't. Instead... it's here, it's alive.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>I'm surprised no-one has suggested that Murphy may be responsible for murdering the children<
I meant to mention Murphy's possible responsibility for the girl's death.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
Missionary
Just Passing Through

Post by Missionary »

Seems to me that if you're living in Silent Hill, and under the age of 10, you need to be worried. You're an orphan, or someone's trying to kill or confine you. I'm hoping that this time around the kids have a positive influence on events. At first Laura seems like a perfect candidate for a Flowers in the Attic treatment, but then she grows on you.
Harrys_Girl

Post by Harrys_Girl »

Missionary wrote:At first Laura seems like a perfect candidate for a Flowers in the Attic treatment, but then she grows on you.

... Yeah, like a fungus.

I don't think anyone at Konami or Vatra are brave enough to make a main SH character a child (on purpose) killer. I would be, but that is another story. I just really want to play a monster in SH instead of a clueless victim of the town.
Yuki

Post by Yuki »

Harrys_Girl wrote:
Missionary wrote:At first Laura seems like a perfect candidate for a Flowers in the Attic treatment, but then she grows on you.

... Yeah, like a fungus.

I don't think anyone at Konami or Vatra are brave enough to make a main SH character a child (on purpose) killer. I would be, but that is another story. I just really want to play a monster in SH instead of a clueless victim of the town.
James wasn't exactly a clueless victim of the town; he /did/ kill his wife purposefully.
simeonalo

Post by simeonalo »

The Adversary wrote:his dead sister's past-life.
I need to read the comics.
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

well maybe they're related somehow. maybe it's not Alessa
and since he's a convict then he "might have" either had a pretty messed up childhood that he killed his parents ? or something similar ? or maybe that he's a pedophile that he raped children ? hence the appearance of children ?
Twitter: @RinoTheBouncer | www.rinothebouncer.com | Instagram: @RinoTheBouncer
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

RinoTheBouncer wrote: maybe that he's a pedophile that he raped children ? hence the appearance of children ?
Interesting idea, but it kinda seems like that would make us dislike him, doesn't it? They're supposed to be making us like the protagonists....I hope.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

SilentWren wrote:
RinoTheBouncer wrote: maybe that he's a pedophile that he raped children ? hence the appearance of children ?
Interesting idea, but it kinda seems like that would make us dislike him, doesn't it? They're supposed to be making us like the protagonists....I hope.
:) well you don't know how he was raised so if he was either a pedophile or he killed his parents or something maybe they'll show "why" he became like this and that's how we'll sympathize with him or maybe the want it to end up like Silent Hill 2.
SilentWren

Post by SilentWren »

^Yeah that's always a possibility. They have mentioned that the narrative is supposed to be closer to 2, so it'd be a switch.

I've got high hopes that they'll do it right, but I don't think I could ever be cool with a pedophile protagonist. A Spiderman 3 type situation would be easier to forgive.

There's so many different possibilities that I almost don't want to confuse myself by guessing anymore. :D
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
RinoTheBouncer
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by RinoTheBouncer »

SilentWren wrote:^Yeah that's always a possibility. They have mentioned that the narrative is supposed to be closer to 2, so it'd be a switch.

I've got high hopes that they'll do it right, but I don't think I could ever be cool with a pedophile protagonist. A Spiderman 3 type situation would be easier to forgive.

There's so many different possibilities that I almost don't want to confuse myself by guessing anymore. :D
you're right :)

and there's a big chance that so many parts of what we've seen is just pre-alpha and will be removed and replaced by other elements depending on the public response to what we see. and maybe what we guess will be totally different from what the final cut would be ...

about a Pedophile protagonist, I'm not entirely requesting it but I was just building a theory on what we have and to be perfectly honest it's one case that they've never knocked it's door (except for Angela and her father) so it would be a fresh new case to start with other than the typical (daughter and father, mother and daughter, or parents and son themes that we've seen in various SH Games).

I also support the use of homosexuality / bisexuality as a case in the game, it's a game for 18+ and always have been so it's actually good to get out of the frame we were revolving within in older games that were somehow a bit matching with the past situation (you know that extremist minds of Claudia or Dahlia that somehow related to the world we live and terrorists and their extremist minds and how they cover they're crimson intentions with the purity of religion) now the talk is about Gay / Bisexual rights and bullying ...etc. so this can relate even though I'm well aware that some people cannot accept the idea of homosexuality at all but that's not an excuse for not developing it as previously, the SH classics always portrayed a dark picture of religion while many people misunderstood it and reject and hated the idea of making religious people always turn out to be the villains of the game.