Past Life Ending Theory (SPOILERS)

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Past Life Ending Theory (SPOILERS)

Post by Don, Aman »

The Adversary wrote:The Gillespie house was just outside of town, north of Sagan St., on Simmons St. . . .
Ah, so the pieces start to assemble themselves...
KiramidHead wrote:Then again, the house in Past Life is still much nicer than the Gillespie house ever was.
I suppose it could have been built on the same site if, like we were discussing, the house burned to the ground. Actually, it wouldn't surprise me if the Gillespies kept that land in the family, now that I think about it.
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
KiramidHead
Historical Society Historian

Post by KiramidHead »

^True, I didn't think of that. It makes me wonder, how important were the Gillespies of the nineteenth century Silent Hill? Like, what kind of position could they possibly have held? It would be pure speculation, but it could be a lot of fun.
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

Well, if anything, we can assume they were god-fearin' faithful church-goers, eh?
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^ At least until Dahlia became a power hungry bastard. :)
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

>Was it ever confirmed where the Gillespie house was?<
"Incidentally, there is information in the game about 'six houses that burned down in the business district,' but the actual site of the fire can't be located on the business district map." This suggest the Gillespie home is just off the map, and the most likely place, then, is north of the Green Lion Antique Shop, on Simmons St.

I still haven't finished reading Silent Hill: Past Life—still don't have issue #3—so I don't know all the details of Jeb's home. However, I read that it burned down, and given that the Gillespie home burned down, too . . .
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^Yeah, the parallels are unmistakable. There aren't anymore clues as to the location of the house, though. The third issue is definitely good, and the trade gets released soon.
The Adversary
RESPECT

Post by The Adversary »

Since I've finally read the entire story, I can actually comment on this thread.

You're spot-on regarding the origins of the Order. It takes years (re: centuries) for religions to really form and establish themselves as they're known now. Past Life elucidates on the Order as developing from the town's own mythology, Christianity, and the Native American rituals. We learn from Silent Hill: Homecoming is the Sect of the Holy Way began in 1853, many years before the Civil War, while Past Life suggests the Order, although not fully functioning as we know it, has begun to form. However, Lost Memories: Silent Hill Chronicle indicates the cult didn't truly form until after the Civil War—that the reason for the war "was distorted by future generations into an issue concerning the birth of the religious cult"—so at least a decade or two later.

What we have, then, is a microcosmic look at other world religions: It begins as a disorganized group—thus why members separate to establish the Sect of the Holy Way—and slowly begins to develop into the Order we see in Silent Hill 3.

I'm gonna make a quick timeline strictly for the Order's development here in a few, although I imagine more details will be included in Downpour.
This post is the property of its author and is not to be used elsewhere without explicit permission from the author.

. . . AND THAT'S THAT.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Ah, thank you. I think in terms of history Downpour will tell us a lot. After all, we now have a Magical Negro to do it.