The Nurse

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

SilentWren
Historical Society Historian

Re: The Nurse

Post by SilentWren »

^Yeah, I think so.

I don't see a problem with nurse Easter eggs. Nobody had a problem with the Robbie dolls popping up all the place.
The above user visits this forum *very infrequently.* If you need any type of response or answer from her, she may or may not be able to provide it in a timely manner.

Thank you for understanding. <3

http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.ph ... 28#p674128
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Even if there's no hospital, they could still have a small medical clinic or something. This is supposed to be an open world game we're talking about, so there's plenty of room for extra locations and easter eggs. Even the first SH had the police station which was totally optional (and I missed my first time through the game.)
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^That's a pretty good idea. SH1 had a lot of that type of thing. The school bus, the police station, etc. We haven't had that in a while.
EmilietheStrange
My Bestsellers Clerk

Post by EmilietheStrange »

I don't really want the nurses in this game, however if it turns out that they will be in it, I wouldn't shit a brick over it. It is a faint possibility, as in Homecoming, you encountered the nurses in other places besides the hospital. I've got to say though, if medical staff monsters are included for some reason, I'd much rather see the doctors return. Surely I can't be the only one who thought that SH 3 and Origins (and maybe Homecoming) should have had doctors and nurses instead of just nurses.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

The return of Doctors would be awesome. It sucks how they were forgotten about after SH1. The only problem is, if a hospital isn't a major area of the game, there's no place to put them... but they could always be an easter egg monster as well.
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

Apparently Team Silent stopped using the doctors "out of respect to the otherworld." If that's a joke, it's not very funny. I believe I read that in Lost Memories on the monster analysis page.
Tillerman
Rosewater Park Attendant

Post by Tillerman »

Sounds like a joke that got lost in translation. Or lost in the otherworld...
Ben Trovato
Just Passing Through

Post by Ben Trovato »

Soulless-Shadow wrote:^A nurse body easter egg like the Angela and Claudia easter eggs would be cool.
Ben Trovato wrote: There's no hospital in SHD, and clinics has been done in SHH and I, for one, could do without them.
I haven't really been keeping up to date with everything Downpour, but has it already been confirmed that there won't be any hospitals in the game?
Yeah, I think it's been confirmed that there'd be no hospital & school in this (no re-use of locations ( and enemies?) at all if I'm not mistaken) one.

Sorry if I spoiled anything for you.

As for easter eggs, I'm all for it. I'd rather get that than a role like PH in SHH. Any day.

But I'm hopeful for the new creatures as well... I really hope the screamers will creep & scare the holy fucking hell out of me.
"This Whole Thing Is Turning Into A Freakin' Mess!"
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

They already creep me out in the trailer. The way they swipe at the camera is just chilling.
Soulless-Shadow
Subway Guard

Post by Soulless-Shadow »

Ben Trovato wrote:
Soulless-Shadow wrote:^A nurse body easter egg like the Angela and Claudia easter eggs would be cool.
Ben Trovato wrote: There's no hospital in SHD, and clinics has been done in SHH and I, for one, could do without them.
I haven't really been keeping up to date with everything Downpour, but has it already been confirmed that there won't be any hospitals in the game?
Yeah, I think it's been confirmed that there'd be no hospital & school in this (no re-use of locations ( and enemies?) at all if I'm not mistaken) one.

Sorry if I spoiled anything for you.
Nope, you didn't spoil anything. :) It's good to know that there won't be any more hospitals though. I understand that some people are freaked out by them, but they've been used to death in the series. I wouldn't mind another school, maybe. But not a hospital as a major area in another game.
Tillerman wrote:Even if there's no hospital, they could still have a small medical clinic or something. This is supposed to be an open world game we're talking about, so there's plenty of room for extra locations and easter eggs. Even the first SH had the police station which was totally optional (and I missed my first time through the game.)
I would love to see optional buildings to explore. Especially if, like the police station, it adds another bit of back-story.
EmilietheStrange wrote:I don't really want the nurses in this game, however if it turns out that they will be in it, I wouldn't shit a brick over it. It is a faint possibility, as in Homecoming, you encountered the nurses in other places besides the hospital. I've got to say though, if medical staff monsters are included for some reason, I'd much rather see the doctors return. Surely I can't be the only one who thought that SH 3 and Origins (and maybe Homecoming) should have had doctors and nurses instead of just nurses.
The doctors would be interesting to bring back for one game. Unlike the nurses they're underutilised. Sure, when you get down to it they're essentially the same as the SH1 nurses (manifested due to fear of hospitals), but at least they wouldn't be overly sexualized for no reason at all (how the hell do you sexualize a male doctor anyway? Cops, firemen, so on I get, but doctors? :? ).
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

I would only want hospitals again under specific circumstance. For example, if we knew we were getting the last SH game ever and the characters went on an epic quest throughout the entire town. But since that will probably never happen, I wouldn't mind getting Alchemilla or Brookhaven as an optional dlc map or something like that.
rm2kking

Post by rm2kking »

TNAJeffHardy13 wrote:Anyone else hope the nurse monster isn't in this game? It's just she's been in every Silent Hill game except SM, and it'd be cool if they create the monsters themselves, instead of re using past designs. What do you think?
The nurse wasn't in SH4. There were female creatures that resided in the hospital level, but they were not nurses.
That being said, I kind of agree with you, but kind of not. I love the hospital levels, and I love the nurses, but Silent Hill 3 had it right when it changed their look. We can't just keep having the SH2 faceless nurses in every game.
I dreamed I lay in a dark valley and all around me were the titanic forms of archangels. I heard distant voices and I knew these supernatural warriors were chanting a litany...
"We are the Warriors at the End of Time. We are the lost, the last, the unkind. We are the Warriors on the Edge of Time and we're tired, we're tired... We're tired of making love..."
Ben Trovato
Just Passing Through

Post by Ben Trovato »

rm2kking wrote:
TNAJeffHardy13 wrote:Anyone else hope the nurse monster isn't in this game? It's just she's been in every Silent Hill game except SM, and it'd be cool if they create the monsters themselves, instead of re using past designs. What do you think?
The nurse wasn't in SH4. There were female creatures that resided in the hospital level, but they were not nurses.
According to the official strategy guide, they were ''patients'', if I'm not mistaken.

As for Robbie, he never was a 'real' character... his look is awesome, he became something of an icon in the series for that, but he's nothing more than a creepy figure doing... well... nothing.
Ben Trovato
Just Passing Through

Post by Ben Trovato »

KiramidHead wrote:They already creep me out in the trailer. The way they swipe at the camera is just chilling.
Yeah maybe a bit... but I just hope they're gonna live up to their name... I'd love a real demented sound coming out of this creature. FO' REAL!

And not in a Gans kind of way (he said he wanted the grey children to be screaming like hell in the movie... and I guess I expected just that)...

Oh, and no burping enemies, please!
angelofROOM302

Post by angelofROOM302 »

I miss my nursies. :(
But they should take a break from this game as well.
CondescendingMan
Just Passing Through

Post by CondescendingMan »

I hope there are monsters that will maybe become new staples in the next generation of SH games. I want to actually be frightened when I play this. I hated all the enemies in SH:HH except for Schism and Siam. I liked there design alot. I am hoping that sexual tension is not a staple to this games story. At least if it is I hope it is not PTSD bullshit I want the real deal.
If darkness fowls your water clean. Drink it anyway its not obscene.
If lost and shrowded in the fog don't respond to the barks of dogs.
Respect the Pod
Just Passing Through

Post by Respect the Pod »

a couple of well placed nostalgia bombs.

Indeed. Easter Eggs. *drools* I want a Metal Gear Solid-size cache of easter eggs in the new game.

Oh, and it is probably just my fucked up sense of humor, but I tried to think of how we could tie nurses in with the whole prison inmate theme. How about giant, disgusting fat men with huge, slimy cocks falling out of their skimpy nurse uniforms? Kinda like "Big Bubba" the cellmate? ^_^
I dreamed I was a butterfly, flitting around in the sky; then I awoke. Now I wonder: Am I a man who dreamt of being a butterfly, or am I a butterfly dreaming that I am a man?

-Zhuangzi
Don, Aman
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Don, Aman »

Respect the Pod wrote:How about giant, disgusting fat men with huge, slimy cocks falling out of their skimpy nurse uniforms? Kinda like "Big Bubba" the cellmate? ^_^
I got extremely disturbed just reading that, so maybe it could work. Definitely not a mental image I wanted. :shock:
Don stepped outside... It feels good to be alone... He wished he was drunk...
KiramidHead

Post by KiramidHead »

^And they have a tendency to show up in showers, too.:)
lain of the wired
Location: Is this not Eorzea? Where the hell was that exit...?

Post by lain of the wired »

It's sorta-kinda confirmed... maybe no nurses in this one?
Shattered Memories, Climax's re-imagining of the first game, went to work on Hill's conventions like so much lead pipe on meaty nurse face.

Said wenches were first to go, joined by combat, rust, cryptic riddles and fixed camera angles.
Mostly seems like they were describing SH:SM, but at the same time, the article goes on to mention a lot of similarities and nods to SM, and bringing the nurses up so conspicuously within the first paragraph like that... It's either an easy confusion or an easy conclusion, you know? Besides, they sorta had an iteration in SM, where it kinda coulda been a nurse, but was maybe sorta just a sexy lip monster in heels...?

The only way I'll be happy about a return from our bubble-headed icons is if it makes sense with Murphy's experiences. They ARE an icon of the series, like it or not, and far less intrusive and "personally connected" than PH, who is pretty much James' monster alone. The nurses- and hospitals- have been a series staple. They tie into Alessa's presence, the fear of hospitals, fear of medical procedures, and are perhaps the most interesting perversion of the sexy female video game character since... I can't think of one. Like Harrys said, they're sort of the SH chocobo.

On the other hand, I've caught myself saying "oh, nurse. Bash, move on." A monster is only really scary in a game when it's new and still bizarre to us. They're like zombies in video games now: you know what it is, and you know how to kill it. Rinse, repeat.

Unless this game is calling the cult and Alessa back again (oh god don't), hospitals don't need to be there. Even when they established that Alex had been in a hospital, it felt like a throw away excuse to bring the nurses back, solely because they're our chocobos, you know? We don't need that to enjoy our SH.
You'll be missed. You were missed. I am missing you.