Why bother?

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

mrnitsua
Just Passing Through

Why bother?

Post by mrnitsua »

I have given up on a good SH sequel. Homecoming was only a prelude of things to come. Downpour will disapoint us more than homecoming and it will get worse. Vatra has no idea on what they're doing, the only people that do is team silent and they disbanded. It will focus on combat, have a crappy, chliched story and be a big waste. Do you disagree/ agree or are you unsure Tell me why maybe you could change my mind?
The Otherworld, a place that sees no dawn, only dusk.
Piers909
Just Passing Through

Re: Why bother?

Post by Piers909 »

Because Past Life and Sinner's Reward were both pretty good in terms of story/character development (Especially Past Life imo.) and they were written by Tom Waltz, the dude who's writing Downpour. Not to mention that it looks like it's going for a European style of horror instead of Homecoming's American style; something that I'm looking forward to and that is rarely seen in video games.

I dunno, maybe it's just me, but I'm more excited for Downpour then any previous Silent Hill game.
alone in the town
Historical Society Historian

Post by alone in the town »

tl;dr:
Team Silent is awesome and all new Silent Hill games suck the butt.
It's a story we've all grown tired of hearing. Even those of us who nominally agree with it.
Catch22
Subway Guard

Post by Catch22 »

Homecoming sucked therefore Downpour will suck, despite being made by different people in a different country.

HURR.
SPRINGS02
Location: i'm sick of these monkey fighting snakes on this monday to friday plane.

Post by SPRINGS02 »

Well i will say that you can't blame somebody for being kind of cynical about new silent hill games if they didn't really enjoy the new ones as much as the original ones(like me). But at the same time it's pretty ridiculous to say that downpour will suck and have a cliche story considering that nobody has played it. We don't know what to expect yet.

And while i agree that team silent did it best, we have no way of knowing that there's nobody that can make a silent hill game as good as they can. It hasn't been proven yet(for me anyway) but you never know, i'm hoping for the best for downpour.

EDIT: We don't need another thread for this, here's another thread that's similar enough
http://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21769
Mantorok
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by Mantorok »

I the great cynic am actually pretty optimistic about this game. The tie in to past life (which I have to buy soon) and from what I've seen so far, make me think this game might actually be pretty good.
Pleasant Sinner
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Post by Pleasant Sinner »

I find it lovely how some peoples' disposition for any upcoming Silent Hill game revolves around Homecoming's faults.

@OP, saw what you posted in the other thread...
> "I hate to say it but Silent hill needs a final game NOW!"

Good luck telling Konami THAT! :roll:
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

Why do people who no longer like the series think it should end? What about the people who still like it? Should we suffer because you get into a hissy fit about 'Team Silent' going?
B5160-R

Post by B5160-R »

SPRINGS02 wrote:We don't need another thread for this, here's another thread that's similar enoughhttp://silenthillforum.com/viewtopic.php?f=35&t=21769
What he said.
[ Un-Space Exploration - UE photo blog ]