Konami to hold pre-E3 event [Vote for E3 coverage!]

Murphy's been a bad boy ...

Moderator: Moderators

redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Konami to hold pre-E3 event [Vote for E3 coverage!]

Post by redrum »

Which means most likely - Less than a month to moar Silunt hilz!

From Wired
The annual E3 show is a cacophany of games, announcements and breaking news. How do you make your company stand out? If you’re Konami, you escape E3 entirely.

While the Japanese publisher of Metal Gear Solid and Silent Hill will have a booth at the show, which takes place in Los Angeles from June 7-9, it will move its annual press conference to Thursday, June 2, the week before the expo.

In addition to streaming its new game announcements live via several different gaming websites, Konami also says it will host “live viewing parties” in cities around the world, which currently include Los Angeles, San Francisco, Toronto, São Paulo and Mexico City. Journalists and fans alike will be invited to the events.

Konami’s press conference at last year’s E3 was, to put it mildly, an unintentionally hilarious disaster in which executives and developers had trouble reading absurdly written lines off teleprompters. (Highlights above.) It surely knows that all eyes are upon it this year to see what might transpire.
Last edited by redrum on 06 May 2011, edited 1 time in total.
Touch Coma
Cafe5to2 Waitress

Re: Konami to hold pre-E3 event

Post by Touch Coma »

Awesome! I just wish we had a viewing party in Dallas. I hope they focus on showing off gameplay rather than monsters and cinematics.
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/Nvixurx.jpg?1[/IMG]
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Post by redrum »

I hope it's just a different trailer and a few screenshots that are released, there will be a demo at the actual E3, so that'll probably make its way onto the web
simeonalo
Historical Society Historian

Post by simeonalo »

Who else remembers last year's spamfest with the live-streaming Konami conference?

It's going to happen again.

...I'm so excited :) For the spamfest as well as the conference. I hope we get to see the gameplay mechanics. The camera control was described as being wild and erratic, like a "monkey was controlling the camera" (I forgot the link to the article, though).
jdnation

Post by jdnation »

Toronto eh? Maybe I might be able to attend that...
saevitia
Woodside Apartments Janitor

Post by saevitia »

simeonalo wrote:Who else remembers last year's spamfest with the live-streaming Konami conference?

It's going to happen again.

...I'm so excited :) For the spamfest as well as the conference. I hope we get to see the gameplay mechanics. The camera control was described as being wild and erratic, like a "monkey was controlling the camera" (I forgot the link to the article, though).
Oh god, yeah, that was amazing; can't wait. XD
redrum
Brookhaven Receptionist

Re: Konami to hold pre-E3 event [Vote for E3 coverage!]

Post by redrum »

jdnation

Re: Konami to hold pre-E3 event [Vote for E3 coverage!]

Post by jdnation »

Konami's in the South Hall